Stun is OP and ruining the game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stun is OP and ruining the game

A "fight" where someone does not get to fight is not a fight. It's DUMB. It's NOT FUN. The game is quickly becoming "whoever stuns first, wins." The games loses all of its complexity when something like this becomes the norm.

Stun should break on damage. Increase the damage portion of it in order to make it still worthwhile. Losing one turn is enough. Standing there and watching yourself or your enemy die without fighting back is DUMB.

Blame 7Roads.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

they deserve to that advantage.. they invested a lot in it by sacrificing their exp..

Comment

Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post
        they deserve to that advantage.. they invested a lot in it by sacrificing their exp..
        Did you even read my suggestion?

What if BOTH have made that investment? The fight is then reduced to a coin toss - who lands their stun first. It's poor design, and it's ruining the game.

Comment

I dislike stun. I level mine up to prevent being stunned, but don't use it myself, even if I know I could stun someone easily. I prefer to fight fair...
          Kind of like what you said, it's a PVP game, yet we can be prevented from fighting. It's a waste of time and turns and just annoying. I've spent a lot of gold and exp to get HS (Holy Seal) high enough to stop me from getting stunned, which sucks because I don't use or want HS, though I am forced to level it if I do not want to get stunned. I like to defend myself without stun... that's just my opinion on it :P
          Perseverance is better than defeat.

Comment

It's actually one thing in this game that is fair to everyone. Most other parts of the game rely on luck, astral capturing being the most obvious, followed by item drops etc..

I sort of agree that it is not needed, but it was one way to stop people leveling quickly and outgrowing the game!

Comment

I like the idea of stun being broke on how much damage you do. One turn stun is perfectly fine and can still make or break the game. We dont need 3 turn stuns for pvp fights. They should boost up the other passives instead so players can start investing in those and not just HS. That way you can still use xp on talents and not lvl too fast and stun will be there as well but the only thing that you rely on.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                It's actually one thing in this game that is fair to everyone.
                No it's not, as it's only 50+...

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                  No it's not, as it's only 50+...
                  Suppose it's not fair to everyone, in the same way Soul engraving, mounts and gears are not fair, but nobody complains about them!

Compared to most other areas of the game where balen users can get things not available to non balen users, the Holy seal levels and talents are available to everyone.

So I stand by my statement that it is one thing in this game that is fair
                  Last edited by Billy_McF; 04-20-2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                    Suppose it's not fair to everyone, in the same way Soul engraving, mounts and gears are not fair, but nobody complains about them!
                    daru engraving, mounts and gears add to a players strength. They can be worked around by a player who is to low level to have acquired them quite easily.

They do not remove a player from a fight entirely for a number of rounds.

I reckon the stun mechanic adds around an effective 7k BR increase for a player above 50, fighting a player below 50.
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

funny that most people who complain about stuns are people who actually didn't bother working on it. You don't want to be stunned? then work on it...it's that simple.

Comment

The stun is not an addition to the game that came with Holy Seal, it was here long before Holy seal arrived.

Mages have delphic death thunder that can bind (stun), as do Archers using Delphic Death Star. Not sure about knights
                        Archers DF has the effect of removing the target from battle for 3 rounds by reducing casting speed by 100%.
                        Knights use shield to remove any damage received for a number of rounds.
                        Last edited by R23600073; 04-20-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R23600073 View Post
                          The stun is not an addition to the game that came with Holy Seal, it was here long before Holy seal arrived.

Mages have delphic death thunder that can bind (stun), as do Archers using Delphic Death Star. Not sure about knights
                          Archers DF has the effect of removing the target from battle for 3 rounds by reducing casting speed by 100%.
                          Knights use shield to remove any damage received for a number of rounds.

Also if you had read my original post then CS's reply, you would understand where the comment about soul engraving, mounts and gears originated.
                          Creamy had pointed out that HS was not fair to those below level 50, I pointed out that Holy seal is not the only thing that is level biased as you need to reach a certain level for a number of key elements in this game.

BR is not fair in the game when I am at 50kbr and come up against someone with 65K+br in X-server arena's but I just have to deal with it.
                          I am assuming 'you' are an alt account of Billy. Being that your user name doesn't have any other replies here.

I read the entire thread. Thanks for assuming I didn't.

you said the HS was fair.

CS disagreed and said it wasn't fair to those below 50.

you pointed out other level based bonus's.

I stated that none of the other level based bonus' were quite so over powering.
                          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                          Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by -ScarLust View Post
                            I dislike stun. I level mine up to prevent being stunned, but don't use it myself, even if I know I could stun someone easily. I prefer to fight fair...
                            Kind of like what you said, it's a PVP game, yet we can be prevented from fighting. It's a waste of time and turns and just annoying. I've spent a lot of gold and exp to get HS (Holy Seal) high enough to stop me from getting stunned, which sucks because I don't use or want HS, though I am forced to level it if I do not want to get stunned. I like to defend myself without stun... that's just my opinion on it :P
                            Ditto, couldn't have stated better.

Comment

I wouldn't mind it if the other talents you level up around the stun would be passive benefits instead of only after you use the stun. The stun itself is boring and useless, other than the fact if you use it right off then you will know if the person you are fighting will either be beatable or a challenge (sometimes). I do like the extra talents, and possible cooldown deductions... but yeah.. it's kind of lame.

Comment

Working...
                              X