Battle grounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle grounds

These are proving to be a very contentious issue. Lots of post up about Unfair, bullying etc and lots of comments from players who have been in the game the longest to tell people quick levelling is not the best way to build your character to survive. May i make a suggestion. 1 to 40 and 41 to 80 are large gaps of grouped players, testing yourself in these areas is a good way to see how you are progressing, but you change from one to the other and suddenley you are everyones favourite player, all in that group can whip your *** and it takes a long while to start fighting back and winning again. Is it possible to reduce the size of the groups and increase the number of same. so that the difference between one group and the next is so extreme. Practicalities would have to be taken into account, but 4 groups or even 8 groups would make fighting fairer and stop a lot of the negativity about battlegrounds. i am a 54 level with 54 level templars and a high BR but i still lose far more than i win, i am getting closer to them and can now do some serious damage but what chance do i have against a balen loaded player 15 levels above me.

Comments and criticisms are always enjoyed so let rip.

With the 1.5 Patch, the Cross Server BG's are divided into groups of 10 levels: 30-39, 40-49, etc. It's impossible to face someone 15 levels above you at this time...

Comment

Originally posted by R28861859 View Post
      i am a 54 level with 54 level templars and a high BR
      I'm just curious as to what you think of as a high BR at level 54?
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Thanks Creamy Saucepan for putting me straight.

Comment

Well if you do happen to face someone from the bracket above you, post a screenshot, because that would be extraordinary!
          And you're welcome.

Comment

In the next big patch (after 1.5), there will be overlapping brackets for battlegrounds.

This will be something like: 40-49, 45-54, 50-59, 55-64, 60-69, etc.
            You cannot choose which bracket you get allocated to.

Source: KnowingEyes7
            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

First it was overlapping down to X9, then X8, now X5... I'll have to see this to believe this, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                In the next big patch (after 1.5), there will be overlapping brackets for battlegrounds.

This will be something like: 40-49, 45-54, 50-59, 55-64, 60-69, etc.
                You cannot choose which bracket you get allocated to.

Source: KnowingEyes7
                If you can't choose what bracket you are put into. Then what's the point of having overlapping brackets?

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                  If you can't choose what bracket you are put into. Then what's the point of having overlapping brackets?
                  So there is no incentive to camp out at any one particular level.

Right now there is lots of incentive to camp at 39, 49 and 59... if you remove the certainty of that - there's no longer any need for peeps to sit at these levels and hide.
                  You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                  Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                    So there is no incentive to camp out at any one particular level.

Right now there is lots of incentive to camp at 39, 49 and 59... if you remove the certainty of that - there's no longer any need for peeps to sit at these levels and hide.
                    Ah that's true but couldn't you still camp though? Once your inside and see the level range of the people there you can find out if you're able to camp or not. All you need to do is just open the ranking page in the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                      Ah that's true but couldn't you still camp though? Once your inside and see the level range of the people there you can find out if you're able to camp or not. All you need to do is just open the ranking page in the battle.
                      Ginger doesn't mean camping in the BG itself. That's no longer possible since you get kicked out after 5 mins of being AFK. He means staying at level X9 for days/weeks/months because they're afraid to level up to X0 and the *** whooping they'll be getting.

Comment

The bracets need to be five lvls difference, its so unfair of all the higher ended tier just whoop on the low ended tier. I mean I'm lvl 50 getting my *** handed to me by bullies in the upper end of LVL 56+, Ruins my experience.

Then again You all don't care about my experience just my money, that i refuse to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by R29028817 View Post
                          The bracets need to be five lvls difference, its so unfair of all the higher ended tier just whoop on the low ended tier. I mean I'm lvl 50 getting my *** handed to me by bullies in the upper end of LVL 56+, Ruins my experience.

Then again You all don't care about my experience just my money, that i refuse to pay.
                          And if you have 5 levels, people will ask for 2 levels.
                          Don't whine.

Don't get mad. Get balens. Or read someone's guide on "How to be strong at your levels".
                          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                          [No longer logging in]

Comment

BG brackets by lvl don't solve the problem really. Players will complain even if they're the same lvl as another player and can't compete. The only real solution is to get your BR up.
                            Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                            BR: 67K
                            Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Working...
                            X