Retribution for Cowardly Tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retribution for Cowardly Tactics

Whenever I login to Wartune I kept getting this little problem about other players plundering my city, and the majority of such individuals happen to have levels higher than they should be for the area my city is in. (eg. Lvl.51+ players in Deathly Sands and other lower tiered areas.)

I find this method of plundering others as cowardly and reflects as badly as bullying others who cannot fight back.

This is what I suggest as a sort of Karmic Retribution for such individuals that does the following:
    • Permanent confiscation of all resources. (Experience, Gold, Daru, Kyanite, etc.)
    • Disable usage of Balen and Voucher.
    • Although able to attend the aforementioned resource gaining activities, they will not earn anything during the penalty. (Quests, Campaigns, World Boss, Farm, etc.)
    • Disable all form of status buffs. (Gears, Gems, Astrals, Technologies Bonuses, Guild Bonuses, etc.)

Players will receive this Karmic Retribution that last for 24 hours and resets at 05:00hrs Server Time which can only be removed if their cities are in the following level appropriate areas:
    • Autaric Plains (Lvl. 11 - 20)
    • Murken Forest (Lvl. 21 - 30)
    • Fetid Swamp (Lvl. 31 - 40)
    • Deathly Sands (Lvl. 41 - 50)
    • Erandel (Lvl. 51+)

Should players who move to areas lower than their current level they will immediately receive Karmic Retribution and are recommended to move to the aforementioned areas during the 24 hours penalty.

I hope this can greatly balance out the game's PvP system and help discouraging lower leveled players into quitting from perceived unfairness.

EDIT: As GingerTheHutt points out below here's another part of how it works:

Should players level up to beyond their level appropriate area (eg. reaching Lvl. 51 in Deathly Sands), they'll be given a 12 hours time limit to move before receiving the penalty.
    Last edited by Vercil; 04-24-2013, 05:21 AM.

What happens to players who level up?

for example a level 50 levels to 51, they're still in the sands when they're 51, do they duffer karmic retribution? Even though they've had no choice about being level 51 in a level 41 to 50 area.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

You can only plunder a person up to 10 levels below you. I'm in the Sands myself, and see so many 50+, 60+ and even 70+ that I bet they're busy enough killing one another. The 56+ can't touch me anyway, and I'll bounce most <55.

Anyhow; the game makes it possible to camp in a lower map than where you're 'supposed' to be, so nothing wrong with it imo. They'll only have themselves to blame if they can't get enough gold due to the low level mines. Then again, camping in a lower map to safeguard your gold isn't such a bad idea when you have to level up your legendary gear and you need about 600K for one level of enchantment... We don't want that plundered, so why not hide for a bit?

Comment

@GingerTheHutt
        Well you can control your leveling up by spending Exp for Talents, so that's really not much a problem.

@CreamySaucepan
        Even with the 10 levels limit, it is still kinda unfair being a Lvl.50 Knight plundered twice in a row by some ******* Lvl.58 Archer who refuses to move to Erandel.

And besides when you're at Lvl.51+ shouldn't you move to Erandel already? I'm still sticking to this suggestion.

Comment

No one *should* have to move anywhere if they don't want to. If someone wants to be a level 75 in the Forest, let him. And you can go back to the swamp if you get bugged too much. Or consider stashing your gold, because people only plunder you back to back when you drop yummy gold. Heck, I know I do; if I find someone that drops over 50+K a turn, I'll be on their tail until they move or get smart enough to stash their gold.

Anyhow, the ideas you proposed are severely out of proportion imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Vercil View Post
            @GingerTheHutt
            Well you can control your leveling up by spending Exp for Talents, so that's really not much a problem.
            you missed my point.

At some point you will be level 50 and ~99%. You will be in the sands. You accept a quest reward and ta da level 51, you are still in the sands, even though you've had no opportunity to move yet.

So by your suggestion you get punished for being a level 51 in the sands, even though you only levelled up a few seconds ago...

So, what happens in this circumstance. As it'll happen regularly, daily for a lot of people.
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

@GingerTheHutt
              Okay, I get what you meant by that, let me modify it by a bit, should players level up to beyond their level appropriate area, they'll be given a 12 hours time limit to move before receiving the penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                Heck, I know I do; if I find someone that drops over 50+K a turn, I'll be on their tail until they move or get smart enough to stash their gold.
                Or they join your guild... *sigh*

Comment

I don't like how you want to penalize players that do absolutely nothing wrong. There's nothing 'wrong' with sitting in a lower map. There's nothing 'wrong' with attacking someone 8-9 levels lower than you (I consider it bad manners, but that's it), there's nothing 'wrong' with plundering someone back to back. It's all allowed in game, so it isn't wrong. The fact you're butthurt because someone beat you is your own problem. Get stronger and get even. But prevent them from being able to play is just a loser's attitude.

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                  Or they join your guild... *sigh*
                  Yeah... *sigh*

Comment

personally, i find 10 levels a bit too much. 5 levels is more appropriate, but, like has been mentioned, there are counter measures. Move, use city pro, stash ur gold, join the same guild as the attacker ( thats my favorite personally other than that, if I want to take a vacation for a month and live in Autaric Plains, why cant I?
                    Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

@CreamySaucepan
                      Well it certainly was undeniable that these bad mannered individuals are nothing but sniveling yellow-bellied good-for-nothing bullies that doesn't allow anyone around them to even enjoy this game and since they're not letting anyone else've fun, they don't deserve to have fun either.

Comment

Don't tell me being plundered a few times a day ruins your whole gaming experience... It's a war game, after all. You get attacked by people a lot higher than you: in BG, single arena, GB, Group Arena... That doesn't bug you, but being plundered does?

Try moving your city. Try camping in a lower map (*giggle*). Try making yourself as unattractive to be plundered as possible (have no gold sitting around at all times). Try asking your guildies for help... You're still able to play, even when plundered, yet you want to punish the plunderer by not being able to play... Completely out of proportion...

Comment

Well, there's almost no incentives for players to move their city in the higher zone available, except mines (but the difference isn't that important), and availability of targets for plunders.
                          But... well, when there's a lot of 60+ players, why would you ask a lv 51 to move to erandel to have no chances at plunders?
                          E314
                          Armor Games - S2
                          Lv 65
                          FairyTail

Comment

@e314159
                            Now here's the problem: Since nobody's moving to Erandel, of course there'll be nobody there that they can plunder!

Comment

I fear this suggestion would just further reinforce the camping out at levels 39, 49 & 59.

As in patches potentially to come 7roads appears to be moving toward, trying to encourage peeps to level up with the varying BG tiers. This suggestion would undo any progression that change seems to be bringing on.

Comment

Working...
                              X