Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did R2 change the crit rate since one of the last maintenances?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did R2 change the crit rate since one of the last maintenances?

I can't help but notice over the last week or so the amount of crits I've been getting has diminished somewhat...this annoys me. Before anyone goes on a rant that knights/mages shouldn't be doing crit...don't. I don't care. That's not what this post is about. There are other numerous posts out there just for that. This is purely game mechanics.

What I've started to do is keep tabs of the fights I'm in and tally how many crits I get vs how many attacks in the round. I'm only using the solo arena and I'm only using slasher and ultimate slasher to test. I've only been in 5 fights since I started keeping tabs and the results worry me some. My toon has a modest 2.1k crit rate. Not high but not low. Better than some archers actually. In the 5 fights I've landed a total of 58 hits and only 8 crits. That's about 14% of the time I'll crit. If anyone else would be willing to keep tabs of their crits and post here, then maybe we can find something or maybe I'm just really unlucky with the crits.

Update: Gone 12 fights and my % has increased to 20%. 1 out of 5 but still I expect it to be somewhat higher but maybe that's just my hope
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-25-2013, 12:41 AM.
    Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
    BR: 67K
    Server: Qianfo Hall

yup crit rate drop here too thought i'm alone

Comment

Originally posted by Mim73 View Post
      yup crit rate drop here too thought i'm alone
      Can you provide statistics of it? I would like something concrete. I know archers have MS that crits 100% of the time so that can't count. Mind taking down some numbers of the crits in your fights? I know archers don't have many 1 shot skills so it might be more difficult but if we have the numbers to prove the drop rate then we have something concrete.
      Yitien:

Comment

Yup like do an excel spreadsheet like

Hits Crit and # of crits

For example

Knight lv 60

Hits = 10000 Crit = 2547 # of crits = 9900 in wb.
        Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
        Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
        Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
        One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
        In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
        One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
        One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
        In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
          Can you provide statistics of it? I would like something concrete. I know archers have MS that crits 100% of the time so that can't count. Mind taking down some numbers of the crits in your fights? I know archers don't have many 1 shot skills so it might be more difficult but if we have the numbers to prove the drop rate then we have something concrete.
          i would like to do it but it goes so random with me especially in world bosses i use crit gems and get 3.7k crit sometimes crit full round sometimes crit once or twice a round but never happen to not crit full round and i don't use multishot for wb

Comment

Originally posted by Mim73 View Post
            i would like to do it but it goes so random with me especially in world bosses i use crit gems and get 3.7k crit sometimes crit full round sometimes crit once or twice a round but never happen to not crit full round and i don't use multishot for wb
            I'm not worried about WB because that's a skewed view. The crit rate is increased in WB and most non-archers aren't crit builds outside of WB. I'm just curious to see if the rate has dropped in pve/pvp settings. Seems to me like it has but I need proof instead of speculation.
            Yitien:

Comment

didn't you guys know that r2 always responds to whiny players? they probably nerfed the crit rate after so many people whine about archer's crit rate in wb. armor piercer crit rate dropped quite alot in wb after recent patches. so i assume they have to nerf crit as a whole.. not just for wb.

Comment

They recently BOOSTED crit rate in wb... BY A LOT... before one of the latest patches it was not worth it going crit for mage/knight... now it definently is.... They removed all crit-resistance that wb had.
                For those that know what crit-resistance is: Try using same crit rate you have in lvl 30, in lvl 60, see if you crit as much.... you automatically need more crit rate as you progress to keep critting.. they removed that from WB so now it's a lot easier to crit.

Comment

oh BTW many players used guardian angel astral to replace the illusion astral since the dodge has been Nerf.
                  Maybe u can check out what astral they use to counter critical rate?
                  I got a level 7 guardian angles that reduce 35% critical receive rate, with the trinkets set -10% and a passive skill that reduce another 5%, i actually got a total sum of 50% reduce critical receive rate.
                  I will switch the brilliance astral to guardian angel once the top 2 archers was found opposite me in the battle ground.
                  The astral is very useful against high critical rate players
                  Last edited by NARTH; 04-27-2013, 04:32 AM.
                  Serenity
                  SteelLord
                  Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarossa View Post
                    My toon has a modest 2.1k crit rate. Not high but not low. Better than some archers actually.
                    this is a mistake to compare ur crit to other archers crit. although u have 2.1k crit, and as u pointed out better than some archers, ur forgetting that some archers skill have a x% chance to land a crit, so although there crit might be lower than urs, they can still land a lot more crit than u thanks to those skills.

Comment

Originally posted by shynnblu View Post
                      didn't you guys know that r2 always responds to whiny players? they probably nerfed the crit rate after so many people whine about archer's crit rate in wb. armor piercer crit rate dropped quite alot in wb after recent patches. so i assume they have to nerf crit as a whole.. not just for wb.
                      Uhhh...I don't care about wb. Where in my posts do I mention calculating crits in wb? What I care about is crit rates in pve/pvp situations. I know crit rate has increased in WB but I suspect its dropped some but all I care about is did it drop outside of wb.
                      Yitien:

Comment

Originally posted by R23209055 View Post
                        this is a mistake to compare ur crit to other archers crit. although u have 2.1k crit, and as u pointed out better than some archers, ur forgetting that some archers skill have a x% chance to land a crit, so although there crit might be lower than urs, they can still land a lot more crit than u thanks to those skills.
                        Dude..I'm a knight. I understand that archers crit more than knights. I've done my homework. I know that archers have skills that are 100% crits. That's not what I'm talking about. What I'm really talking about is those knights/mages that have gone with a crit build, have they noticed a drop in crit rates? I mentioned my crit rate because I didn't want some troll telling me I needed to upgrade my crit stat...
                        Yitien:

Comment

Originally posted by NARTH View Post
                          oh BTW many players used guardian angel astral to replace the illusion astral since the dodge has been Nerf.
                          Maybe u can check out what astral they use to counter critical rate?
                          I got a level 7 guardian angles that reduce 35% critical receive rate, with the trinkets set -10% and a passive skill that reduce another 5%, i actually got a total sum of 50% reduce critical receive rate.
                          I will switch the brilliance astral to guardian angel once the top 2 archers was found opposite me in the battle ground.
                          The astral is very useful against high critical rate players
                          I had considered that possibility as well but guardian angel has no relevance in pve settings. Doesn't change anything there.
                          Yitien:

Comment

Working...
                          X