I'm new, and curious!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new, and curious!

I'm new to Wartune, actually I still haven't played. I put off playing this game until now, for reasons I have no idea about, but my friend actually got me curious about this game and sense I can't really talk to him at the moment I figured I ask my questions here.

(oops)1. Is this a mapstory/elsworld/grand chase clone? I couldn't really tell other then the action bar I saw.
    2. Is there a clan/guild system?
    3. What is the ideal server to play on US West and East (I will play both regions most likely)
    4. Classes, who counters what, why, and whats the first class you'd suggest a newbie take?
    5. Is this game based on purely PvP or does it have PvE aspects. (From what I seen it looks like there is a lot of PvP is the reason I ask.)
    6. Is this a Pay to Win game? What I mean by this is... Are there items that are powerful you can buy (and only buy without actually earning it in-game) in the market? Please keep in mind not to include stuff like upgrades to items (if thats in this game)
    7. Last but not least. ARE THERE COOKIES?!?!?!?!

EDIT: WHOOPS! Delete question 1 :P.... I thought this was something else. Lol
    Last edited by Bloodmorphed; 04-25-2013, 10:09 PM.

1) Not even close to the three mentioned games - I have played all three of them to know.
    2) Yes there is
    3) Depends if you live on the East Coast or West Coast or where ever you live, I can provide you the answer.
    4) Someone will have to help you out here
    5) There are PVE aspects in the game, however, if you enjoy PVP then there is a good mix of PVP in the game.
    6) Damn bet it's a P2W
    7) Hell yeah there are cookies.

Comment

3) I live in the east, but as I said, i will most likely play on both sides... or is it all just 1 server with different connection nodes?
      5) Hmmm I like the option of a good mix of both
      6) Is that a yes or a no? Lol, I'm confused. Haha.
      7) SWEET!

Comment

3) Well, regardless, the only major difference is the three hour difference between the East and West servers.
        6) Yes it is lol

Comment

How bad is the Pay to Win aspect? Is it incredibly game-breaking? If thats a yes I probably wont even bother trying to play.

Comment

Well, let's just say you won't be able to keep up with the cashers of the game if you intend on being purely F2P.
            Otherwise, it's not TOO bad.

Comment

The P2W is pretty bad. You drop enough money into the game and you can just roll your forehead over the keyboard and dominate. But even a light casher can do pretty good if they have a good build (or non-casher). I think if you want to be an uber competitive player in this game...about 200-300 bucks a month should do it.
              Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
              BR: 67K
              Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Rofl, it pains me companies do ridiculous things like these. It had great potential too, people make great games, but then ruin it because they thin Pay to Win is the way to go. Sigh... such a pitiful world we live in right? I say this and I'll still probably play for a little bit haha. But just because it is P2W I probably wont be spending a dime on it.

Comment

Its worth playing in all seriousness though. I'm mostly a free player now and I enjoy it. I just understand I'll never be top dog in the server but that's ok. If you accept that I think you'll have fun with the game.
                  Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                  BR: 67K
                  Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Perhaps, Lol we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodmorphed View Post
                      Rofl, it pains me companies do ridiculous things like these. It had great potential too, people make great games, but then ruin it because they thin Pay to Win is the way to go. Sigh... such a pitiful world we live in right? I say this and I'll still probably play for a little bit haha. But just because it is P2W I probably wont be spending a dime on it.
                      It's totally P2W.

It's also decent game woth a look into at least to L50 (should take you a month or so). Once in a while you will be tempted to spend on things, but I haven't spent a dime either, and there are enough non-leaderboard challenges for me to remain interested.
                      Lord Drake currently lives in: S130 Dragonmar

Comment

They have options to get free balens which is the pay currency in the game. I get around 50-100 balens a day just watching 1 minute movies. You can make alot more for downloading games or doing surveys etc. I'll never be in the top 10 on the server doing this but I'm in the top 50. As for classes its supposed to be mages > knights knights > archers and archers > knights. End game though mages seem to own everyone.

Comment

Since no one answered question 4) yet:

archer kills mage
                          mage kills knights
                          knights kills archers

I think you got the idea
                          As of class to play as a newbie: make an archer, best class early in game while playing free. Once you got the hold of it, if want spend little money and all: get a knight. mage is the middlesome class. Okay early game, okay endgame. archer is OP early game, garbage endgame. knight is garbage early game, godlike endgame. Your pick.
                          Wartune - S9 Camp Calorn
                          Dragon Pals - S6 Emerald Isle
                          Shadowbound - S2 Crystal Meadows
                          Weak warrior

Comment

Working...
                          X