Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Guild Tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Tax

We run a server where Contributions are a requirement to help build the guild. I would like to suggest that a new option is put into place to have the Guild Master opt for requiring a Guild Tax. This Guild Tax could be a simple addon that takes 1%-10% or so of income from players in the guild to be automatically contributed. Whether this is on all revenue or just quest based.

Even if there is an option to allow the Guild Master the ability to see daily or weekly contributions from the guild members, not just the total.
    Yes, Definately
    66.67%
    Yes, Depends on Guild
    11.11%
    No, I am greedy
    22.22%
    Not certain, depends on amounts.
    0.00%

That sounds like a government... That, together with your forum name made me giggle. ^_^

Comment

There is already a "Member Fee", which is deducted every week automatically.

A % based tax would be highly unfair for those that are trying to purchase higher level items, such as legend stones x5, the guild horse or guild skills. These all require higher than average contribution, and would only penalize those members who are contributing the most.

Comment

Member fee comes from guild wealth not individual contributions. I check my list daily to see who is contributing or not. It doesn't take a special list for people to see it takes someone being observant. The guild tax.. as was pointed out, is too much like a government. This is a game, not *gasp* real life where where the only thing certain is death and taxes. This is a game where we never die we just respawn and taxes are for the idiots outside our pixelated window screen.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Not saying as a government based. Like I stated, even if there would be a page that the Guild Master or Assist could pull up and see the daily or weekly contributions without logging in and writing 90 members contributions down every day.

Comment

so u mean auto-collect from the every member's passive income?

Comment

You are not getting it, Corrupt. There is already a page to show today's contributions on the guild. You simply page through the members.

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Comment

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
                You are not getting it, Corrupt. There is already a page to show today's contributions on the guild. You simply page through the members.
                Actually that shows the total contribution and remaining contribution, not what the contributed this week.
                Last edited by Corrupt1; 04-28-2013, 12:13 AM.

Comment

TODAY"S CONTRIBUTION SHOWS Today's contribution.

There are two tabs, one for today one for total.

adding pics names blacked out cause you really don't need to see who donated what in my guild.

Click image for larger version

Name:	todayscontri.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1668879

Click image for larger version

Name:	totalcontribution.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1668880
                  Last edited by Serrin; 04-27-2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

I see that with the per day but that is reset if you don't catch it and no weekly. The record is nice for overall but includes those that may not have in like 5-6 weeks to. And if a member misses 1-2 days, we don't want to hurt them in guild. Weekly is best and the member fee is taken weekly too.

Thank you all for your posts on seeing daily and totals, but the main thing is finding an easier way to see who helped the guild to pay for the member fees. I don't (and I know no one does) want to carry others that don't help much if any.

Thanks all.

Comment

well if the tax was able to give contribution points, I think not many people would mind losing some gold each day and they can buy things from the guild and not worry about not having money for crops after contributing everything. I now buy more seeds than I need for just in case that happens and always have extra just in case.

Comment

lol maybe u just want to plunder gold i see your name lol
                        Every Action Has A Reaction

Comment

Working...
                        X