Farm Protection Tokens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farm Protection Tokens

Nothing quite as annoying as waiting for your own ancient seeds to mature, only to have them taken from you right underneath your nose because 5 other people were camping your farm. This is why I want to suggest Farm Protection Tokens. They work similar to the City Protection Tokens, but protects your farm from being plundered. 5 minutes would be more than enough. Just something you can turn on last minute that will guaranty you actually get to harvest your own crops first for a change, without losing them to a bunch of "farmville" campers.

There is another option. Delete all the people in your friends list 5mins before the seeds mature, then add them all back when harvested!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
      There is another option. Delete all the people in your friends list 5mins before the seeds mature, then add them all back when harvested!

Comment

Then you lose all friendship bonuses you may built with those people, its not an ideal thing to remove people unless absolutely necessary.

Comment

Sarcasm. Ever heard of it?

Comment

Sarcasm. Ever heard of it?
            Sarcasm when used right is suppose to make you look smarter than the person you use it on, not dumber. Therefore your attempt at sarcasm failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Frecklez View Post
              Sarcasm when used right is suppose to make you look smarter than the person you use it on, not dumber. Therefore your attempt at sarcasm failed.
              Really, because according to post #3 I think it worked

And sarcasm is often refered to as the lowest form of Wit. Never a measure of intelligence as far as I am aware.

Comment

Really, because according to post #3 I think it worked

And sarcasm is often refered to as the lowest form of Wit. Never a measure of intelligence as far as I am aware.
                Post 3 is a classic example of "Sarcasm done right".

People make references for a lot of things. The Pope is also referred to as a holy man. Mean while he's an ex-nazi covering up for child-molesters. Just because people make the reference, doesn't mean it's so.

Anyhoo, you're derailing the thread. Please stay on topic or go away.

Comment

Can a mod please move this thread to where it belongs please.

Any of the following 3 sub forum's will do:-
                  "I don't know how to search, so I will just open the 101st thread on the same topic" or "Let's revisit the same topic over and over" or even "OMFG not this again"
                  Last edited by Billy_McF; 05-01-2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Seriosly, its a farm. People take and you are able to take as well. It isn't stealing bc you can do the same to others. Deal with it and who cares. If you're late to your farm then that is your own fault. Make sure to set the alarm on or something and get to your farm first. The event was for everyone not just you. So if you came late and loss some of your farm that is your fault. Campers suck I do agree but just delete the ones that camp. I doubt you go MP with every single person in your party and most of the time the campers are just noobs that you don't even go do MP with in the first place. Tell your main mp party not to camp your farm that way you don't have to worry about deleteing the them. The others who cares bc if you don't MP with them friendship points means nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                      Seriosly, its a farm. People take and you are able to take as well. It isn't stealing bc you can do the same to others. Deal with it and who cares. If you're late to your farm then that is your own fault. Make sure to set the alarm on or something and get to your farm first. The event was for everyone not just you. So if you came late and loss some of your farm that is your fault. Campers suck I do agree but just delete the ones that camp. I doubt you go MP with every single person in your party and most of the time the campers are just noobs that you don't even go do MP with in the first place. Tell your main mp party not to camp your farm that way you don't have to worry about deleteing the them. The others who cares bc if you don't MP with them friendship points means nothing.
                      the point he's making is that even when your camping ur own farm, ur not always the first to get them as 5 other people are often camping them too, so hes just saying for there to be farm protection tokens, like city protection tokens cuz those exist for when you have a lot of gold in your castle and dont want to get plundered.

Can a mod please move this thread to where it belongs please.

Any of the following 3 sub forum's will do:-
                      "I don't know how to search, so I will just open the 101st thread on the same topic" or "Let's revisit the same topic over and over" or even "OMFG not this again"
                      and as for u, this is a new thread cuz all the others havent suggested his idea, and on top of that its in the right area because its a "suggestion"

Comment

Originally posted by R23209055 View Post
                        and as for u, this is a new thread cuz all the others havent suggested his idea, and on top of that its in the right area because its a "suggestion"
                        Think you may need to go and check again because it has been suggested a number of times

Go find any of the threads about ancient seeds, and eventually it will turn to way's of how to stop people "stealing" them from the farm. Including in many of these threads about the need for a "TOKEN" or "ITEM" to disable stealing crops for a short period of time.
                        Last edited by Billy_McF; 05-01-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

ancient seeds event will end soon ....i hope they will not event like this anymore
                          Every Action Has A Reaction

Comment

Just to clear a few things up, let me say this;

The person you are all referring to as "He" is actually a "She". I know it's hard for you boys to phantom women on the internet that do something other than duckfacing on Facebook, but we do exist.

Second, I have used the search engine first before posting this thread. And other than mere ranting about the problem, I couldn't find any with a reasonable suggestion to solve it.

And finally, even if you are on your farm in time to harvest your crops, that will not guaranty you will be the first to harvest them. Especially if your crops produce event or other hard-to-get items, people will be laying in waiting. And sometimes you are beaten to your own crops by just a millisecond. If you are too late to harvest, then you are too late, and I agree that that is due to your own fault. But if you are losing crops due to a slightly faster click on a button, then that's just wrong. And there is nothing unreasonable about putting up a "scarecrow" to keep the scavengers off your farm and giving yourself a few minutes to harvest your own crops in peace, without having to turn it into a bloody race. And sure, you can delete all the people that camp your crops, but by then it's already too late, now isn't it?
                            Last edited by Frecklez; 05-01-2013, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Woulda been a great idea when the event started. R2 coulda made a killing on it, and spared me some butthurt PM's from people whose crops I poached out from under their noses. Oh wait....I got good lulz from their butthurt! That was fun!

In all seriousness, there should be an item like this. Farm poachers don't bother me at all, but I know a lot of people who would buy these tokens. More people buying more junk might...just Might (no, probably not) mean better service, servers, and prices on the rest of the stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X