Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Battle and "Walling"

Hi all,

I was wondering if people could provide some guidance as to the etiquette of "walling" during a guild battle. While it seems universally agreed that everyone stays out of the spawn area, the specific spot one "isn't supposed to cross" is in contention. My personal experience has been that walling off the other guild is fine at the narrow point after the enemy's ward tower, since that doesn't invade their spawn area at all. However, I've been told by other people that one shouldn't go past the ward tower at all (that the ward tower was the line), and by others that walling should occur at the narrow point before the enemy's ward tower, which you shouldn't cross unless attacking the ward tower. All of these options seem respectable to me, but there's disagreement between me and others, and so I was wondering what the general consensus was in the Wartune community. The most logical point to me to wall off the other guild is at the far side, closest to their camp, so that they don't interfere with people attacking the ward tower. But if this is the minority view, I'd like to know so I don't raise it again.

Thanks!

Either way, it's spawn camping in both scenarios. One gives your guild access to the ward tower, one does not.
    Standing just before their spawn gives your guild more of an advantage, however if you're dominating them that badly, everyone should be attacking ward tower to end it within 20 minutes.

Comment

Aeriagames (another publisher of Wartune) deems it illegal. Spawncamping will be punished.

In R2Games, there are currently no rules against spawncamping.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Wait, how is any of that considered spawn camping? You aren't entering the spawn zone at all, and clearly you can be around the enemy's ward tower. The problematic thing is when people actually enter the spawn zone and kill people that choose to be in gb and not fight. I've been in a couple servers, and no one has suggested that hanging around the ward tower is spawn camping. The question I'm asking is what is the usual norm for the line people can't cross. And it's not an invalid tactic when you can't kill the ward tower, especially in the newer stages of a server.

Comment

All the guilds i have been in, have said that no one can go pass the Ward Tower itself, you can hit the tower, stand in front of it (Not near spawn), and that's alright, cause gotta given them a chance to get out of the spawn area, before you put them back in it lol
          Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

Spawn camping is a strategy. It allows you to attack their players one at a time w/o giving them a chance to form a strong group of 4. It's encouraged in the server I play on. If R2 wants to change it, then just add an imaginary line that players can't cross.

Comment

Originally posted by SeleneTheSable View Post
              Wait, how is any of that considered spawn camping? You aren't entering the spawn zone at all, and clearly you can be around the enemy's ward tower. The problematic thing is when people actually enter the spawn zone and kill people that choose to be in gb and not fight. I've been in a couple servers, and no one has suggested that hanging around the ward tower is spawn camping. The question I'm asking is what is the usual norm for the line people can't cross. And it's not an invalid tactic when you can't kill the ward tower, especially in the newer stages of a server.
              Because either way you're keeping them trapped in the spawn. Before or after, there'll be a mass of players ready to jump on them the moment they leave.
              And I agree with the above poster, It's a strategy, until the game makes it impossible to do, it's allowed in my books.

Comment

Apparently not as universally agreed as one might have thought. Spawn camping happens all the time in S1 and while some complain, it's just part of the game. If people are joining the GB but have no intention to fight, then they have to deal with the camping. As was mentioned, it's perfectly legal and a decent tactic to keep the opponent disorganized. Until R2 says differently, many guilds will continue to do it. And by camping I don't mean your definitions of staying near the ward tower, I do mean right in the spawn area itself.

Comment

Just left click in an open area and hold it down then drag mouse through the crowd, you will get through without engaging enemy.

Comment

here's the thing...so-called spawn camping shouldn't be illegal because it is a strategy that allows the guild that is "camping" to attack the ward without being hindered by the other guild protecting it. if you let their players out of the spawn, they can actively block your players from their ward.

Comment

Working...
                    X