pays to consume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xhiah View Post
    Please tell me how it would be "good business sense" to charge 200 dollars more than the other competeing wartunes out there?
    If you actually check ingame, it's the same prices everyone, stop spouting out your ******** everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by R23209055 View Post
      actual u are. if u find something in a store that is priced wrong, the store is obligated to give it to you for free. or at least thats how it works in the U.S
      U.S based, Michigan (Wherever that is)
      http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-...4114--,00.html
      read #14
      If they're trying to overcharge you on purpose, sure, but if it's incorrectly priced. Nope

Also gonna quote something I found that explains it perfectly, at least to me anyways

You go into the shop and see a price label for £10. This is an invitation to treat. This is basically the shop saying we will take £10 for the item if you are willing to offer it.

When you take the item to the till you are making an offer. Which is basically saying 'I am willing to offer you £10 for this item'.

The £10 you are offering is consideration. This is you promising to pay them £10. The shops promise or consideration is the item they are going to give you for the £10. Most contracts have to have some form of consideration (although not all).

Finally, the shop can decide whether to accept or not. At this stage they can still refuse to sell you the product and they are under no obligation to. Only when they have accepted your offer is the contract complete and they are bound to sell you the product for £10.
      Last edited by ElusionM; 05-03-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
        Also gonna quote something I found that explains it perfectly, at least to me anyways
        Agreed. The shop is under no legal obligation to accept your offer of payment for the goods. Individual retailers may give you the item at the ticketed price, but they are under no legal precedent to do so.

Comment

Wow! this is the good thing that I have a limit on game expenses. I won't even bother thinking if this is really a false ad or not.

Comment

Originally posted by rheasteer View Post
            Wow! this is the good thing that I have a limit on game expenses. I won't even bother thinking if this is really a false ad or not.
            Well stated! Regardless if it is false advertising or not a company that makes an error should stand by it as act of good faith to their customers. The underworld mount is 30K when a server opens. Why should loyal customers have to pay more for it?

Comment

If you purchase something from a supermarket and sticker on the shelf says it's $5, but when they scan it, it comes up $10, and it turns out the sticker was wrong, it's either $10 or put it back.
              What's funny about this quote...

IS that most supermarkets (Walmart sizes) have a policy that states
              "if the price at check out is higher than the value on shelf, you only need to pay shelf price" (quite interesting)

Plus this:
              California B&P Code, 12024.2.
              (a) It is unlawful for any person, at the time of sale of a commodity, to do any of the following:
              (1) Charge an amount greater than the price, or to compute an amount greater than a true extension of a price per unit, that is then advertised, posted, marked, displayed, or quoted for that commodity.

(2) Charge an amount greater than the lowest price posted on the commodity itself or on a shelf tag that corresponds to the commodity, notwithstanding any limitation of the time period for which the posted price is in effect.
              (b) A violation of this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than twenty-five dollars ($25) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not exceeding one year, or by both, if the violation is willful or grossly negligent, or when the overcharge is more than one dollar ($1).

(c) A violation of this section is an infraction punishable by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars ($100) when the overcharge is one dollar ($1) or less.

(d) As used in subdivisions (b) and (c), "overcharge" means the amount by which the charge for a commodity exceeds a price that is advertised, posted, marked, displayed, or quoted to that consumer for that commodity at the time of sale.

(e) Except as provided in subdivision (f), for purposes of this section, when more than one price for the same commodity is advertised, posted, marked, displayed, or quoted, the person offering the commodity for sale shall charge the lowest of those prices.

(f) Pricing may be subject to a condition of sale, such as membership in a retailer-sponsored club, the purchase of a minimum quantity, or the purchase of multiples of the same item, provided that the condition is conspicuously posted in the same location as the price.

If R2 was a supermarket in California... I could basically sue them for thousands of dollars even if the argued price was over an 1 dollar item...
              Last edited by anichaos; 05-03-2013, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                What's funny about this quote...

IS that most supermarkets (Walmart sizes) have a policy that states
                "if the price at check out is higher than the value on shelf, you only need to pay shelf price" (quite interesting)

Plus this:

If R2 was a supermarket in California... I could basically sue them for thousands of dollars even if the argued price was over an 1 dollar item...
                Not once in that does it refer to a mispricing. Simply the obvious,one cannot overcharge.
                Otherwise I'd go and get a label maker and mark everything down in Walmarts and buy it all?

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                  If it was a supermarket in California you would be able to sue them for having the wrong type of lighting in the shop. Just because you can sue them, doesn't mean that you would win.

Comment

Working...
                  X