Enchanting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enchanting

This is the 3rd time i have tried to enchant and failed with an 80% chance to succeed. At 140k+ gold a pop and lvl 7 luck stones to boot. That is extremely expansive. Why is it failing so much? Of the last 5 times i tried to gain the last 2 enchant lvl's it has only succeeded once. It there something wrong with the enchanting system? This is not only frustrating but makes it difficult to want to play.

If it's that expensive, why not invest in level 9 luck stones and make sure it's always at 100% rate?

Comment

1st: lvl 9 luck stones are about as expansive as failing 2 or 3 times
      2nd: With an 80% chance to succeed, you shouldn't be failing 3 times in a row.

lvl 7 luck stone 80 contribution
      lvl 9 luck stone 300 contribution

Comment

Originally posted by R28793963 View Post
        1st: lvl 9 luck stones are about as expansive as failing 2 or 3 times
        2nd: With an 80% chance to succeed, you shouldn't be failing 3 times in a row.

lvl 7 luck stone 80 contribution
        lvl 9 luck stone 300 contribution
        *shrug* See how you feel when it fails at 80% when it costs over 400K to enchant. I bet you'll be running to get those level 9 luck stones. If you don't want to invest in them, then don't complain?

Comment

Nice, instead of addressing why its failing so much, you just said stop whining. Sounds like a great plan, don't bring up issues that way they stay issues.

Comment

Nice, instead of addressing why its failing so much, you just said stop whining. Sounds like a great plan, don't bring up issues that way they stay issues.
            Creamy addressed your issue in her first reply.

You followed that up by complaining about the cost of that suggestion.

Then Creamy effectively said that you can't help those who don't want to be helped.

Now you're whining some more...

Buy better luck stones in the future.
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

It's not an issue, as you have the choice to get it to 100%. If you do consider it an issue, it's one you've created yourself by being too cheap to invest in better luck stones...

Comment

some math for you guys

like you said 400k per enchant, lets say you enchant 4 times = 1.6 mill gold
                use lvl 9 luck stones 300 contribution by 4 = 1200 contribution

lets do it the other way
                400k per enchant lets say you enchant 5 times cause of 1 failure (80% 1 in five should fail) = 2 mill gold
                use lvl 7 luck stones 80 contribution by 5 = 400 contribution

Which is more expensive if the system actually works per statically suppose to? To me what that says is that they are not actually 80% it is much lower and they want you to spend more. Just look at the numbers.

Comment

You forget that you can also get level 9 luck stones from a lot of chests, guild altar, VIP wheel and you can synthesize them up. You don't have to buy that many if you save them.
                  And I believe the 80% might not be accurate. It's very rare, but there are reports of people failing at 100%. Still: better save than sorry.

Comment

I will agree that is a work around an issue, but the issue is still there. I right now can not afford the stones and have very bad luck when i comes to chests and the sort. since im not vip, the wheel is out. Right now, so basically once i get enough gold to enchant that's what i do. So, until i stop being low on the food chain, not much else i can do about that.

Comment

some math for you guys

like you said 400k per enchant, lets say you enchant 4 times = 1.6 mill gold
                      use lvl 9 luck stones 300 contribution by 4 = 1200 contribution

lets do it the other way
                      400k per enchant lets say you enchant 5 times cause of 1 failure (80% 1 in five should fail) = 2 mill gold
                      use lvl 7 luck stones 80 contribution by 5 = 400 contribution

Which is more expensive if the system actually works per statically suppose to? To me what that says is that they are not actually 80% it is much lower and they want you to spend more. Just look at the numbers.
                      1 in 5 is the wrong way to look at it because a % failure rate does not work like that.

If you fail the 1st enchant it does not automatically give you success the next 4 times. There is the same statistical change that all 5 enchants will fail.

Simple test of this is to grab a coin, and call heads or tails on a coin flip.
                      Now by your reasoning you should get the correct call every 2nd throw at least.
                      This may happen, but I can also guarantee that within a few flips that you will miss your call 2, 3 or 4 turns in a row.

The same applies to enchanting, apart from the game has a much bigger pool of attempts to balance out with. The % stated is not a personal figure for your game, but an approx % for the whole gaming platform.

Comment

Since you are good with statics, whats the % chance of failing 3 times in a row with an 80% success rate? Now given your example is a 50% chance success rate, i would like you to do the same with that one.

Comment

not a bug, just bad luck..... moving to game discussion
                          Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
                          Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Since you are good with statics, whats the % chance of failing 3 times in a row with an 80% success rate? Now given your example is a 50% chance success rate, i would like you to do the same with that one.
                            Your problem, you go do the maths.

I have given you the information that I set out to give and as such am done with this post. Not going to start a discussion when all that is needed are luck stones that are freely available.

Comment

Working...
                            X