No announcement yet.

Patk astral lvl7 or determination lvl7?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patk astral lvl7 or determination lvl7?

Hello. I have been digging through the formulas on forums, but haven' t found a clear answer yet.

I have 16000 patk, level 6 patk astral which gives +1296 and level 6 determination which gives 30% critical base damage bonus. In this scenario, which upgrade would give more damage to world boss AND players -

+216 patk or 5% more critical base damage?

My class is archer.
    Last edited by Emilyfairyss; 05-04-2013, 12:57 PM.

You really have me stumped with that question LOL.

Increasing Patk should increase the minimum base rate of all your attacks.
    Not sure on the formula, but I don't see any of my attacks hitting for around 200 anymore like they did when I was low level. Using this info, it is fair to assume that the base damage level is elevated every time you add Patk.

Increasing determination will only increase the crit base rate, which should in theory give you an extra 5% on crit hits. At the WB this can equate to 90% of your attacks if you crit most turns. However, I recently went from 6 to 7 on determination and have seen no extra returns from the WB.
    I usually made around 1.2mil per boss with lv6 determination, with lv7 I am still taking about the same.

So in my experience I would usually go for Patk 1st as this increases all of your attacks, which in turn should increase your damage base level and in turn increase your crit damage also. (By virtue that crit is worked out usually at 1.5x your normal attack).

I have to add that I have no firm data to back this conclusion up, it just feels like it is right to me.

Hope I have helped a little, and hopefully some other people will be able to give better explanation of how it works

Comment

Thanks for you thoughts. What I was thinking - with 10 buffs at wb I have 50% increased stats, that' s 24k patk.

At the start of wb, when there is no inspiration yet, I crit my delphics for like 85-90k. If that would be 56-60k without crit, then the crit dmg is about 28-30k. Thats with 30% determination. So 130% is 28-30k, 100% is
      21.5k -23.1k, 135% is 29-31.2k. The 5% increase gives 1-1.2k damage.

But that is with Delphic sniper, where crit matters the most. Other of my attacks are AS and MS, which would
      increase less.

So looks like the rule "with big numbers percentages give more than small basic increase" doesn't work there yet and plain patk is better.

Comment

patk for pvp, determination for wb. i know exactly how all the dmg formulas works, but won't be going into those details.

Comment

Originally posted by shynnblu View Post
          patk for pvp, determination for wb. i know exactly how all the dmg formulas works, but won't be going into those details.
          And what would you choose? ^^ getting more gold is first priority for me.

Maybe you can give a link with formulas explained? Because there are so many missing variables - like by how much critical hit actually increases dmg compared to non crit attack. I don't believe it is always 1.5x, because it is said that critical stat increases both rate of critical and damage of critical.

Comment

I'd go for determination first.

Comment

Originally posted by Emilyfairyss View Post
              And what would you choose? ^^ getting more gold is first priority for me.

Maybe you can give a link with formulas explained? Because there are so many missing variables - like by how much critical hit actually increases dmg compared to non crit attack. I don't believe it is always 1.5x, because it is said that critical stat increases both rate of critical and damage of critical.
              personally i'd go for patk. but that's just a preference. i'm an archer, i need the patk to break through knight's pdef. 5% crit dmg not gonna help beat those crazy pdef knights lol.

well you can call me selfish, but those formulas i prefer to save it for my own use, but i can say that critical stat do not increase crit damage, just the crit rate that's all. and apparently opponent's level play a part in how often you crit too.
              Last edited by shynnblu; 05-04-2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X