Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make it more appealing to invest in other talents, rather than just Holy Seal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
    Eh, just remove Holy Seal altogether. With older servers merging with newer ones, or fighting newer ones, you can drop a ♥♥♥♥ load of cash and still lose because of Holy Seal.
    Well that proves that time investment is still valuable.

You can drop a whole load of cash, but you still need time to catch up.

Holy Seal is a good idea as a form of defense for insane cashers (one mage in S127 is now top of the echelon on the East Coast Servers, beating even the top players in S2).
    Holy Seal is the only way to delay his rise.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
      Well that proves that time investment is still valuable.

You can drop a whole load of cash, but you still need time to catch up.

Holy Seal is a good idea as a form of defense for insane cashers (one mage in S127 is now top of the echelon on the East Coast Servers, beating even the top players in S2).
      Holy Seal is the only way to delay his rise.
      just put in more cash and survive the stun seen it happen, trust me.
      Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by Frecklez View Post
        Because of the power of the Holy Seal, no one can really afford to invest in other talents. It is either level up your Holy Seal or be disabled for 3 rounds by those who have maxed out theirs. This makes the other talents, however useful they might have been, completely unappealing. A drastic change in how the Holy Seal works is desperately needed.

The first change that needs to be put through, is allowing it to be used only once per battle. Being disabled for 3 rounds is bad enough, but being disabled for 6 rounds and you'll never stand a chance of winning against this player.

The second change that needs to be put through, is allowing Holy Seal to be useful to a player, EVEN when that player's holy seal is lower in level than his opponent's. This will take away the need to invest so much in Holy Seal, and allowing you to pick another Talent for a change.

And the third and final change that needs to be put through, is lower the chance that the Holy Seal actually disables a player. As of right now, someone with 3 levels more in Holy Seal has a 100% chance of disabling his opponent for 3 rounds. Leading to overuse in Battle Ground, Player vs Player Arena and Guild Battles.

This is how I feel the Holy Seal SHOULD work:
        • 3 lvls or more lower:
          • 20% chance of disabling opponent for 1 turn.
          • 80% chance of no effect.

2 lvls lower:
          • 25% chance of disabling opponent for 1 turn.
          • 5% chance of disabling opponent for 2 turns.
          • 70% chance of no effect.

1 lvl lower:
          • 30% chance of disabling opponent for 1 turn.
          • 10% chance of disabling opponent for 2 turns.
          • 60% chance of no effect.

Equal lvl:
          • 35% chance of disabling opponent for 1 turn.
          • 15% chance of disabling opponent for 2 turns.
          • 50% chance of no effect.

1 lvl higher:
          • 40% chance of disabling opponent for 1 turn.
          • 20% chance of disabling opponent for 2 turns.
          • 40% chance of no effect.

2 lvls higher:
          • 45% chance of disabling opponent for 1 turn.
          • 25% chance of disabling opponent for 2 turns.
          • 5% chance of disabling opponent for 3 turns.
          • 25% chance of no effect.

3 lvls or more higher:
          • 50% chance of disabling opponent for 1 turn.
          • 30% chance of disabling opponent for 2 turns.
          • 10% chance of disabling opponent for 3 turns.
          • 10% chance of no effect.

With this system the Holy Seal will be less dominant in combat and people might even consider spending their points on talents for a change, for this is far more forgiving to those with lower level Holy Seals.
        OMG Somebody that males sence in the Forums! If I could +1 this I would but that is an excellent idea! Too bad you dont work for wartune

Comment

i think holy seal should work like knights shield after so much damage the effects ware off.. i am lvl 51 and was in bg with a guy lvl 57 - 59 and he did holy seal to me then let his character auto hit me and his templas finish me off LOL but it is silly being disabled for the whole battle i would of atleast like to get 1 hit in.
          ''No body wants to play the game,Everybody just wants to win!"

Comment

Frecklez good job bro +10 for this post
            Wartune
            Name : Death✞Lord
            Server : s144
            Profession : Knight
            Level : 80

Blade Hunter
            Name : Death✞Lady
            Server : s14
            Profession : Valkyrie
            Level : 175
            BR:3106340

Comment

I now have 35 levels into Holy Seal, and 12 in other talents. As a archer I can tell you Bloodthirsty Strike talent is good at level 1, but at level 4 theirs a huge difference. Their will always be people that only do Holy Seal because they just care about stunning. Eventually a 1 turn stun cant compare to 8% damage down from talents.

Comment

totally agree on most of it. it's definitely going in the right direction with better balance. the %'s may need a bit of tweaking tho

holy seal is the most advantageous skill in PVP and 100% occurrence is clearly overpowering.

i would suggest getting rid of the 3 turn stun and cap it at 2 turns maximum
                Wartune Tips and Guides:

Comment

one question the points i wont be able to use till i pick up a lvlor two do they sit or do i loose
                  forever faithful

Comment

Its 3 turn stun max because its a long cast. They are unable to change it. Even if they could change it then you would have people crying because 3 mage parties can spam bless non stop and theirs nothing you can do to stop it. Without Holy Seal cashers get to much of an advantage.

Comment

damn it i reloaded only got to script 6
                      forever faithful

Comment

so far i got 5800 on wack a mouse on load screen lol
                        forever faithful

Comment

Originally posted by kraist View Post
                          Its 3 turn stun max because its a long cast. They are unable to change it. Even if they could change it then you would have people crying because 3 mage parties can spam bless non stop and theirs nothing you can do to stop it. Without Holy Seal cashers get to much of an advantage.
                          Unable to change it?... really...

It's really quite easy to change this simply because the coding is already there and you just need to change the numbers.

Like 3 to 1.

The main thing people complain isn't on Arena (in fact, remove Holy seal use from arena like they're doing for Class War (yes, if they're placing the right things, Holy Seal isn't useable in Class War))

What they're complaining on is Battleground and higher levels with 100% chance to stun you because they will always have higher level Holy Seal.

Comment

Working...
                          X