Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

socketing rods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• socketing rods

guys i am a non casher and i have about 6 socketing rods.... as i am nearing lvl 55, i want some advice in using my socketing rods....should i use them in lvl 50 jewels or in my 55 pvp set??? thx in advance
    IGN : ARKANTOS
    CLASS : ARCHER
    SERVER : KABAM S1 (US WEST)

Neither.
    If your planning on playing this game long term, wait till you get 60 or 70 sets before wasting them. Unless you think you can obtain more before that time.

Comment

i have a doubt in that...will i be able to do lvl 60+ dungeons with the pvp set??

Comment

with lvl 8 guilds skills and lvl 5 yelow astrals.

Comment

to do those 60+ ??

Comment

There are a few sets here:

50 pve main set - lots of crystaloids, but not impossible to obtain - strong and useful to lvl 69
            50 rings set - i'd recommend upgrading this last, if at all - the health bonus isn't as important as the bonus from other parts of the set (useful indefinitely)
            50 jewelry set - useful till lvl 59, unless you go for the legendary, but i'd still recommend upgrading it ASAP
            55 pvp set - you can do moonevil with this, but the demon temple is going to be quite a stretch - you'll have to be both really strong and have a lot of rage runes (but it can work - so useful till about lvl 69)
            60 pve main set - start working on this as soon as you get to 60, if you can - incredibly powerful (don't even dream of a lvl 70 set at this point, this one's hard enough as it is)
            60 rings set - i wouldn't recommend this, as the legendary lvl 50 rings are good enough and you'll need every last crypt token you can get
            60 jewelry set - from 60 onward get this, and make it legendary as soon as possible

If you follow what I'm doing, you can use your rods in the following places, depending on the build:

1. lvl 50 pve main set OR lvl 55 pvp set
            2. lvl 50 rings (make them legendary, too)

From my experience, once you reach 60 the growth slows down and the altar is usually well upgraded so you can expect a lot more socketing rods between sets. This shouldn't be an issue if you do the full altar every day. Right now I have everything socketed to the maximum with 2 items awaiting the legendary status and 12-13 socketing rods and I'm not a casher.

The choice also depends on your class - for example, from my experience the lvl 50 pve set is somewhat more useful for archers than mages (as mages with a pvp set can use their AoE's in a row, now almost infinitely). Also, if you're going to delay leveling on 59 to get some honor, like a lot of people do, you might want to consider getting a full lvl 50 legendary set (which is pretty good and will last you till 69).

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
              There are a few sets here:

50 pve main set - lots of crystaloids, but not impossible to obtain - strong and useful to lvl 69
              50 rings set - i'd recommend upgrading this last, if at all - the health bonus isn't as important as the bonus from other parts of the set (useful indefinitely)
              50 jewelry set - useful till lvl 59, unless you go for the legendary, but i'd still recommend upgrading it ASAP
              55 pvp set - you can do moonevil with this, but the demon temple is going to be quite a stretch - you'll have to be both really strong and have a lot of rage runes (but it can work - so useful till about lvl 69)
              60 pve main set - start working on this as soon as you get to 60, if you can - incredibly powerful (don't even dream of a lvl 70 set at this point, this one's hard enough as it is)
              60 rings set - i wouldn't recommend this, as the legendary lvl 50 rings are good enough and you'll need every last crypt token you can get
              60 jewelry set - from 60 onward get this, and make it legendary as soon as possible

If you follow what I'm doing, you can use your rods in the following places, depending on the build:

1. lvl 50 pve main set OR lvl 55 pvp set
              2. lvl 50 rings (make them legendary, too)

From my experience, once you reach 60 the growth slows down and the altar is usually well upgraded so you can expect a lot more socketing rods between sets. This shouldn't be an issue if you do the full altar every day. Right now I have everything socketed to the maximum with 2 items awaiting the legendary status and 12-13 socketing rods and I'm not a casher.

The choice also depends on your class - for example, from my experience the lvl 50 pve set is somewhat more useful for archers than mages (as mages with a pvp set can use their AoE's in a row, now almost infinitely). Also, if you're going to delay leveling on 59 to get some honor, like a lot of people do, you might want to consider getting a full lvl 50 legendary set (which is pretty good and will last you till 69).
              I was just expecting this kind of answer....A lot of thx first. I am an archer and i want to know if the 50 legend set will help me in bg...I want to stay in 59 as long as i can bcoz i dont think i could get honor from 60+ bg. Is the damage of 50 leg equal to pvp set as it does not have ignore def bonus?? Should i complete necro 5 to get 60 jewels legendary??? if so can u also help me with the stats for it??

Comment

Damage is similar but defence much higher.

Comment

Even without the ignore bonus, we get same damage???? That is awesome along with rage gain....

Comment

Jewelry ATK bonus a piece (without the 15% class bonus):
                    60 leg: +1330
                    60: +916
                    50 leg: +1008
                    50: +750

Main set damage:
                    55: +1350, ignore 2k -> ~+2350 (why? because the formula for damage is (ATK-DEF)/2, and this ignores 2k def, meaning it ignores a 1k damage reduction)
                    50 leg: +1600, +300 damage -> ~+1950

So, yeah, if you're going solely for honor perhaps you don't need the lvl 50 set, at least not concerning damage.

HOWEVER!

Let me list a few bonuses of the legendary equips:
                    1. Useful in high level dungeons.
                    2. Gives significantly higher defense.
                    3. Gives an additional socket spot (HP, Crit, Block, whatever you always wanted to have).
                    4. An overall significant increase to your BR.

And now for the minuses:
                    1. Mages might not be able to cast area attacks constantly, and you can't AoE in the first round in arena battles, for example.
                    2. Takes a lot of time and energy to create them. Very likely impossible for you before 60, even with talents (too much xp).

You have guides on the forum on how to beat necro 5.

After getting to 60, focus on getting a lvl 60 legendary set. It will take you somewhere between 4 and 8 months, depending on how lucky and hardworking you are.

Good luck. Say if you need anything else.

Addendum:
                    It could also be a good idea to finish a lvl 50 legendary set even AFTER you've leveled to 60, if you're planning on maxing out talents every level before 65, as the set is great at almost everything. However, this could further delay your lvl 60 legendary set, which is not such a good idea. Still, a noncasher with a lvl 50 set is still impressive.
                    Last edited by WickedSilk; 05-09-2013, 03:03 PM.

Comment

thx a lot for the info wickedsilk... also is there any cap for talents at lvl 59??

Comment

Yes the talent cap is around 16, give or take 1 talent lvl.

Comment

There is no cap. Only cap is your exp bar.

Comment

What krackenker said.

The cap is exactly 16. To level to 60 you need a bit over 28M xp, while the talent lvl 17 costs 30M.

Comment

Now my HS is lvl 5 and stealth is lvl 1. So at 59 i can have my HS at lvl 15 as max...and not any other talent....Am i correct??

Comment

Working...
                              X