Take it Back a Step

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take it Back a Step

Remember back when we had the reindeer mount event? You could get the reindeer for free if you were careful. Then there was the chocobo event where, provided you had friends willing to let you stalk their farms, you could get that mount for free. On the other hand, we've also had the piggy event and now this lynx event, in which you have to spend money to get the mount. My suggestion is that you make every event prize potentially obtainable for free. Yes, the mount should require some insane time spent, because it's good, but I think that it should be possible.

If you want people to spend balens for a mount well, there are already mounts available for balens. There are the $20 mounts and the $70+ mystery shop mount. The point of events is to get people playing the game and spending more time on it, right? That's why you offer items that normally cost balens for free, provided the player spends the time and effort. If someone would rather spend money to get more or even avoid having to spend time and effort, then that's fine too. In fact, people do this! Even if every item from the event is obtainable, people will still spend money on it because they want to get more than just one of the items. (Well, presumably ~ I don't think the clothes are going to be attractive to anyone who's spent money already really, but that's another story.) But when I look at the event and see that I can't get the mount for free, I immediately dismiss the event. I'll get some of the item and trade it in for gold, sure, but I won't be expending any extra effort toward it.
    AyaSnow
    Phoenix
    Server 58

Originally posted by AyaSnow View Post
    ...and now this lynx event, in which you have to spend money to get the mount.
    FYI - You can get the Frost Lynx same way as Nightshade - FREE - Obtained by synthesizing 25 Mount Spirits. Mount spirits are obtained from the Warrior's Mark. However, Nightshade takes only 15 Mount Spirits. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Amiablesweetie View Post
      FYI - You can get the Frost Lynx same way as Nightshade - FREE - Obtained by synthesizing 25 Mount Spirits. Mount spirits are obtained from the Warrior's Mark. However, Nightshade takes only 15 Mount Spirits. Good Luck!
      Stop talking nonsense. See: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....allions-in-May

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
        No sweat, up to you if you think it's nonsense. Frost Lynx is obtainable via various events & chests etc. as well as redemption of 25 Mount Spirits. You talk more nonsense that I do.

Comment

No sweat, up to you if you think it's nonsense. Frost Lynx is obtainable via various events & chests etc. as well as redemption of 25 Mount Spirits. You talk more nonsense that I do.
          It that's the case, then how come you can't synthesize the card in the blacksmith like the Nightshade??

Not saying it is not possible for free, would just like some extra clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
            It that's the case, then how come you can't synthesize the card in the blacksmith like the Nightshade??

Not saying it is not possible for free, would just like some extra clarification
            Be patient, it will be implemented eventually.
            Last edited by Amiablesweetie; 05-12-2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

That makes no sense, why synth 25 cards for +15 stats when you can synth 15 cards for + 20 stats?
              [morfinnor]
              Temple of Ibalize

Comment

He/she is just taking everything from Chinese wartune and applying directly here.

We've heard from the Storm/MemoryLane/Kitwritten that not everything from Chinese Wartune is imported wholesale here.

What's there may not be here.
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

Training whip and the gold are the only items that interest me on this event.

Comment

Working...
                  X