Defunct Guild Battle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defunct Guild Battle

My guild on server 197 just got an 'automatic win' in the Guild Battle since the opposing guild no longer existed by the time of the battle. However, we don't feel much like winners since we are now cheated out of the participation and performance rewards that go along with a guild battle. There should definitely be a fail-safe against this kind of thing happening. It is totally unfair for an entire guild to suffer just because the opposing guild decided to jump ship. I cannot stress how annoying this is and how much it upsets players. It is an issue that should be looked into. At the very least the remaining guild should be compensated for the totally wasted day of guild battles.

Wait what? O_O
    You complaining about a free win? o.o
    Are you GarudaArmy? :/
    Game: Wartune
    Server: 2 Edena Village
    Class: Mage
    Name: Mary Magdalene
    Following the guide from Ginger and Creamy ^_^

Best troll ever ^_^

I'm Probably in the sky,
    Flying with the fishes,
    Or maybe in the Ocean,
    swimming with the pigeons,
    See my world is Different.

Comment

How about you read properly before you make stupid replies. I am not gonna comment further.

Comment

Yeah it sucks. But it's always been this way. I doubt they're gonna change it now. :/
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Khaylis View Post
          How about you read properly before you make stupid replies. I am not gonna comment further.
          I did read. How about you take you angry some place else ^^
          But serouisly I am confused on what you are saying. Hopefully there will be a person who can tell me whatever you mean.
          Game: Wartune
          Server: 2 Edena Village
          Class: Mage
          Name: Mary Magdalene
          Following the guide from Ginger and Creamy ^_^

Best troll ever ^_^

I'm Probably in the sky,
          Flying with the fishes,
          Or maybe in the Ocean,
          swimming with the pigeons,
          See my world is Different.

Comment

The point is not whether we won or lost; although the other guild had some decent players, we were almost assured a win regardless. However, we are now robbed of the honour, insignias and mount training whips that we would have received for participating in the Guild Battle since we were not even able to enter the fight.

And if you are gonna make snide remarks then you should expect unfriendly responses.

Comment

This is the rule that has been set in place when GB was first implemented (way back in the 2nd week of November 2012).

The rationale was to prevent abuse; players could create alternate guilds so that when their main guild had to fight their alternate guild, they can quickly disband the alternate guild to get their main guild a free win (and free rewards).
              Now, another type of abuse came up.

I doubt there's a good solution to this. If you have one, please do propose it.
              Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                I doubt there's a good solution to this. If you have one, please do propose it.
                The only one I can think of is *anybody* who has recently changed guild can not participate in Guild Battle for 2 days ... wouldn't that solve all the issues ? "Normal" players don't change guilds every 5 mins, therefore anyone doing so should be penalised, albeit for a couple of days only.
                Daveyboog - "Voted Mage with Most Disappointing BR 2013 - But Crusader None The Less !!!"
                NEPHILIM - S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                Veni, vermini, vomui

Comment

Originally posted by daveime View Post
                  The only one I can think of is *anybody* who has recently changed guild can not participate in Guild Battle for 2 days ... wouldn't that solve all the issues ? "Normal" players don't change guilds every 5 mins, therefore anyone doing so should be penalised, albeit for a couple of days only.
                  This doesn't solve the problem. You are solving the problem of guild-hopping, which isn't in this case.

Alternates do not need to join any GB to get rewards.

Alternates make alternate guild on Saturday.
                  Guild Battles schedule is drawn on Sunday morning.
                  When the main guild face the alternate guild, simply disband the alternate guild.
                  Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                    Alternates make alternate guild on Saturday.
                    Guild Battles schedule is drawn on Sunday morning.
                    When the main guild face the alternate guild, simply disband the alternate guild.
                    And because they just hopped guild, they cannot participate in Guild Battle for 2 days ... thus that guild in whole will not be eligable for GB because it doesn't have enough "long term" members to get Guild Rank high enough to be in the top 8. Hance main guild will not be matched against them.

Seems like a solution to me ?
                    Daveyboog - "Voted Mage with Most Disappointing BR 2013 - But Crusader None The Less !!!"
                    NEPHILIM - S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                    Veni, vermini, vomui

Comment

you are still missing the point. The other guild is entirely gone. Zero people in the guild. No more guild. Meaning we didn't even have a tower to attack. Zero points Zero Honor Zero mount training whips.

Comment

Working...
                      X