Suggestion for R2 - Vacation and Sick AFK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for R2 - Vacation and Sick AFK

Currently there is no way to temporarily take your account out of the game when you log off. While you are asleep and logged off from the game (I mean actually clicking "log off" and shutting off your computer), you can still be plundered. To me this seems unfair. When you're off, you should be off. No rewards gained, and no interaction between your character or anyone else's should possible. Off is off.

From time to time, people do need to leave the game for an extended period of time due to family obligations and illness, or a vacation. If I go on vacation, or have to go to the hospital for an elective surgery, during this time I will not be playing the game. But others will be...plundering my castle, etc. Some lucky toon would get a nice payday in gold from my castle because it will probably accumulate to maximum, (I'm currently lv59 mage).

What I would really like to see is an option where when an account is logged off, the castle disappears from the map. There would be no plundering because your castle is gone until you log back in. If the point at which you logged off from is occupied by another castle, then randomly put the castle at teleport point the same as you do when you change maps.

Another alternative might be to create a plunder free map. On this map would be no quarries, you could not plunder or be plundered and you would accumulate no gold while you are there. While your account is logged off, you collect absolutely no rewards, but nobody would be able take rewards away from your account either.

Thank you for your consideration of my suggestion.

While I like the idea in theory. Especially for long term (Ie more than a few days) periods away I think this could be great.

However there are is a question I have. Would it be open to abuse by people just 'logging out' over night and removing themselves from the game and saving their backside. How would you work the idea around this?
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

While the suggestion is nice in theory, it is not needed.

When you logoff, no gold is actually added to your account. You receive the gold upon logging in.
      So if you dump gold and go offline, they'll get nothing, when you login, you'll have all the gold your city would have produced in that period of time.

Comment

Umm, somehow the whole gold thing is incorrect, I have been plundered for more gold than I had before I logged off, please explain this.

Comment

Shrug. Too many suggestions here are not to improve gameplay, but to protect themselves.
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
            However there are is a question I have. Would it be open to abuse by people just 'logging out' over night and removing themselves from the game and saving their backside. How would you work the idea around this?
            Personally I don't have a problem with this. When you're off, you're off. When you're out of the game, you're out of the game. I don't see how it can be abused because in my scenario you get nothing....no rewards, no bonuses, no checkins, no events, no vip... nothing, zip, zero, nada....a digital suspended animation of your character.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
              While the suggestion is nice in theory, it is not needed.

When you logoff, no gold is actually added to your account. You receive the gold upon logging in.
              So if you dump gold and go offline, they'll get nothing, when you login, you'll have all the gold your city would have produced in that period of time.
              I've plundered people who have quit the game and received the normal gold percentage. I also quit the game for a while when I was just a 30 something. When I came back my gold was maxed.

Comment

Or you could just go hide in the level 11-20 land, it's freaking huge, so would take quite a while for people to find you
                It's where i hide if i need to start saving gold, or know that i will be away for a couple of days
                Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

Originally posted by Science_Obsessed View Post
                  I've plundered people who have quit the game and received the normal gold percentage. I also quit the game for a while when I was just a 30 something. When I came back my gold was maxed.
                  Assuming someone quits/logs off with 500k, you'll get 50k, then 45k etc. Their gold will never increase while they are offline.
                  But the moment they login, all the gold that was not being added to their account, now gets added, until they're at max capacity.

So if I dump all my gold, and left with 900 gold and logoff, anyone who hits me while I'm offline gets 90 gold > 81 gold etc
                  and my gold production is 10k per hour.. and I login 12 hours later.. No matter how many times I've been plundered between that, I'll login to 120k gold.

Comment

Working...
                  X