Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Get rid of stun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get rid of stun

Stun is mainly for human on human battles. And it pretty much only works against lesser rated players.

The problem is, the strong player doesn't need stun, because he's going to win anyway, so all it does is make a bad situation worse for the weaker player.

One example from battleground; I'm going against a guy that has lvl 59 (!) templars versus my level 31. It's obvious I'm not going to do much damage. But now he uses stun and I don't even get a shot off. I fought him maybe 6 times during the last battleground and at least half the time, I got no shot on him at all.

Battleground should have at least some risk to the bigger player. To a large extent, stun takes that risk away. Drop stun or make it work equally for the lesser player.

If someone who is stronger has a higher risk to lose to a weaker player, then there is no motivation for anyone to build his character.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by Gramps1 View Post
      Stun is mainly for human on human battles. And it pretty much only works against lesser rated players.

The problem is, the strong player doesn't need stun, because he's going to win anyway, so all it does is make a bad situation worse for the weaker player.

One example from battleground; I'm going against a guy that has lvl 59 (!) templars versus my level 31. It's obvious I'm not going to do much damage. But now he uses stun and I don't even get a shot off. I fought him maybe 6 times during the last battleground and at least half the time, I got no shot on him at all.

Battleground should have at least some risk to the bigger player. To a large extent, stun takes that risk away. Drop stun or make it work equally for the lesser player.
      Just FYI, holy seal isnt only used for stun. I am a knight, one of my skills Ultimate Slasher targets the person with the least HP, meaning if i hit you with seal first you now have the lowest HP whether i stun you or not and i can target you before your troops. Also, seeing as how the only way to heal in BG is by using star points players are stunning you to avoid taking damage, which you are already said you dont even get a hit in. THATS THE POINT, to target players behind their troops and to not take ANY damage. It makes no difference AT ALL if they were gonna win the fight anyway, after going through 20 fights, even if you only take 1-2k dmg ea time your life will slowly start to drain. Why take damage when you dont have to in BG? seems like common sense really.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedingxorange View Post
        Just FYI, holy seal isnt only used for stun. I am a knight, one of my skills Ultimate Slasher targets the person with the least HP, meaning if i hit you with seal first you now have the lowest HP whether i stun you or not and i can target you before your troops. Also, seeing as how the only way to heal in BG is by using star points players are stunning you to avoid taking damage, which you are already said you dont even get a hit in. THATS THE POINT, to target players behind their troops and to not take ANY damage. It makes no difference AT ALL if they were gonna win the fight anyway, after going through 20 fights, even if you only take 1-2k dmg ea time your life will slowly start to drain. Why take damage when you dont have to in BG? seems like common sense really.
        I guess we'll agree to disagree. The point is to make the game interesting for all. Not getting a shot off, or only getting one shot off is dumb. Similar to what you said, the big dog SHOULD take a few hits each time to wear him down. If he doesn't, he has no risk, no penalty, and he never has to use star points to stay alive. That makes BG weaker to me. Having to use star points to stay alive weakens the team, although that doesn't really mean much, but at least then, as a player, you feel like you're contributing to the effort.

Just because a feature is in the game, doesn't make it good. There are most likely better ways to give the big dogs another skill. Stun is not one of the good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
          If someone who is stronger has a higher risk to lose to a weaker player, then there is no motivation for anyone to build his character.
          For sure, you didn't read what I wrote. There was no risk of losing for this player. Besides, losing is exactly the motivation to build a better player. I just want a chance to do a little damage while I'm losing.

Comment

Just out of curiousity, what level are you?
            If you've just leveled up to level 50 or something, build up Holy Seal, or don't go into arena/BG at all.

If you're a higher level though, then this is what you get for not building up holy seal enough.
            Character Name: Piman
            Server: Kabam S15
            Class: Mage
            Level: 55 Finally
            Some Awesome Tank War Scores :D

Comment

shouldn't get rid of but 1 or 2 round would be better than 20 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gramps1 View Post

no. keep the stun if ur getting stunned and not getting a shot too bad that means u just need to work on ur own. this game doesnt have to be fair its pay to win.

Comment

Originally posted by kim346 View Post
                  Just out of curiousity, what level are you?
                  If you've just leveled up to level 50 or something, build up Holy Seal, or don't go into arena/BG at all.

If you're a higher level though, then this is what you get for not building up holy seal enough.
                  and when ur 65 don't go in either or 67 for that matter coz i 68 still has higher hs! stun is worst addition to game yet! any higher level toon becomes a bat from void n cata

Comment

Originally posted by EndLessPain View Post
                    no. keep the stun if ur getting stunned and not getting a shot too bad that means u just need to work on ur own. this game doesnt have to be fair its pay to win.
                    and ur an idiot lol, i guess from early server

Comment

Originally posted by BrixunMortar View Post
                      and when ur 65 don't go in either or 67 for that matter coz i 68 still has higher hs! stun is worst addition to game yet! any higher level toon becomes a bat from void n cata
                      What do you mean by higher HS? You mean like higher HS from when you were 50, or higher HS than other people at your level?

And what do you mean by "bat from void n cata"?
                      Character Name: Piman
                      Server: Kabam S15
                      Class: Mage
                      Level: 55 Finally
                      Some Awesome Tank War Scores :D

Comment

If you witH 50v fight witH 45k br 59v...you dont have any chance...you are breakfast 4us before 55v...
                        If someone is idiot - is a guy who say it

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Dont forget that holy seal is the only deffense against people which abuse dryad buff.... If someone with lower rank and way less atk you and has buff of 20-30% holy seal is the only way to save the huge honor loss....

So i dont think stun is something bad. Next to that its enourmoust amount of invested exp to get high level stun. So if you get stunned for more than 1 turn you have someone who is playinh way longer than you and deserves to win

Comment

stun is just annoying and uncreative in my opinion. some people in my server have holy seal level 52. thats just ridiculous. they dont bother with the talents cuz its all about the holy stun. so, in my opinion, the talents are useless pretty much.
                            Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

I like stun... It gives small cashers a chance against big cashers with lvl 3+ stables
                              One the only things in this game which you cant really buy

Comment

Working...
                              X