Get rid of stun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitashki View Post
    Dont forget that holy seal is the only deffense against people which abuse dryad buff.... If someone with lower rank and way less atk you and has buff of 20-30% holy seal is the only way to save the huge honor loss....

So i dont think stun is something bad. Next to that its enourmoust amount of invested exp to get high level stun. So if you get stunned for more than 1 turn you have someone who is playinh way longer than you and deserves to win
    i totally agree is really stinks to lose 400 or more honor cause someone has lost 5-10 times and can now beat you once

Comment

Originally posted by Gramps1 View Post
      I guess we'll agree to disagree. The point is to make the game interesting for all. Not getting a shot off, or only getting one shot off is dumb. Similar to what you said, the big dog SHOULD take a few hits each time to wear him down. If he doesn't, he has no risk, no penalty, and he never has to use star points to stay alive. That makes BG weaker to me. Having to use star points to stay alive weakens the team, although that doesn't really mean much, but at least then, as a player, you feel like you're contributing to the effort.

Just because a feature is in the game, doesn't make it good. There are most likely better ways to give the big dogs another skill. Stun is not one of the good ones.
      This is where your wrong, just because someone can beat YOU doesnt mean they can kill everyone on your team. When i fight any player lower or higher BR i start with Holy Seal, for reason i already explained. however there are a ton of people in BG with the same lvl holy seal and higher BR. Even if i could beat them i want my star points THEN when i actually need it instead of wasting them on 7-8 fight vs people with 35k or less BR. As far as it being fair, nothing is stopping you from getting exp and lvl'ing up your talents. And before you say, you dont have enough exp to get your holy seal up, chances are your BR is really to low for you to even be effective in BG with or without being stunned. Maybe take a breather from BG until you are able to compete like most of the non-raging people have done, including me.

On a side note, if you actually tried to use the search function. On the china server on patch 1.6 there becomes caps on holy seal lvl based on player lvl. 50-59 i think is capped at lvl 10 holy seal (max talent to lvl 59 is lvl 16). so calm down and be patient because it wont "be so unfair" forever.
      Last edited by bleedingxorange; 05-19-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Holy Seal is the single most annoying thing to happen to the game.
        It's all well and good when you can land a stun, but when someone who has played for a month or two or more than you, they should have a higher Holy Seal, and even if they have lower stats, they can still get the win due to 3 missed turns.

I think when it comes to Battlegrounds, good idea is to avoid the server that's been around much longer. I play on an oceanic server, lowest server I've fought is S40. So I try and avoid people from S40 unless I've already checked their stats and know I could beat them.

However in Arena, if you're lucky there is a bug with Holy Seal, if someone hits you twice with Holy Seal in a row, seems to sometimes bug out and take no effect at all. So no more stun.

I wouldn't mind if Holy Seal got nerfed, it currently takes around 2 turns to cast Holy Seal, I would rather see it take 3 turns to cast just to make it a bigger waste to use.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
          It's all well and good when you can land a stun, but when someone who has played for a month or two or more than you, they should have a higher Holy Seal, and even if they have lower stats, they can still get the win due to 3 missed turns.
          If R2 goes the same way as the china server, there will be caps on holy seal based on charater lvl. This will help to make it not only more fair to those who havent been playing as long, but will give a reason to spend talent points on actually talents instead of always trying to get seal as high as possible. In another thread, someone posted the chart of player lvl/seal cap if you care to go find it.

Comment

I have to agree with the OP. The stun makes a huge difference, and when they can stun you every single time... Please also consider that there is no way to counter this. It isn't like runes/shield/health bonus... those you can do something about. Especially if you're an archer. But the stuns, you just have no chance. And you shouldn't need to stun every single opponent to dominate the bg....

Comment

they didnt get their high lvl HS for free.. stop whining when people can stun you.. it simply means they are much stronger/advanced than you are.. leveling HS is not cheap FYI.. and it is worth it!

Comment

mine is 32 and i still get stunned .... zzzzzzzzzzz
                so boring.
                Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post
                  they didnt get their high lvl HS for free.. stop whining when people can stun you.. it simply means they are much stronger/advanced than you are.. leveling HS is not cheap FYI.. and it is worth it!
                  no it just means they are higher level than you n have all hs in talent! 1st the dryad bombers n now HS warriors! weak *** toons with no fight in them hiding behind stun

Comment

Ok, holy seal is a defense against dryading. But it's also just too long for a 0-rage spell.
                    Other skills that can stun are the 100-rage ultimate of archers and mages. And they don't even have a 100% stun chance...
                    Make holy seal cost those 100 rage, and it'll be fair. Or make the "slow" effect work in PVP, so that holy seal is balanced with deep freeze/Thunderer. (but warriors will have it really bad)

I level holy seal only to get a defense against holy sealers, but i'd prefer investing in talents to have a "choice". HS is just "not playing" for the stunned one... If it was "not consuming rage", at least, we could use the base attack. If it was "not skilling", we'll try runes, something!. But no, it's "not playing", and I'm here to play.
                    E314
                    Armor Games - S2
                    Lv 65
                    FairyTail

Comment

Originally posted by BrixunMortar View Post
                      no it just means they are higher level than you n have all hs in talent! 1st the dryad bombers n now HS warriors! weak *** toons with no fight in them hiding behind stun
                      next are the whiners

Comment

Originally posted by BrixunMortar View Post
                        one level cost 900++k gold, so it's not cheap nor easy.
                        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                          one level cost 900++k gold, so it's not cheap nor easy.
                          3-4 days exp and 1 world boss, its cheap and its easy, yawn
                          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Actually, I'm a 53 now, lvl 42 templars, holy seal is at 6, and still fighting against 60's with 59 templars and doing 2k damage to them. Stun may have a place, but as it is currently designed, it decides the battle all by itself, and that's too much power for 1 skill. At least make stun so it works both ways, just not as often for the weaker players.

Comment

As someone who can use stun and effectively hit almost everyone I come across in the 60-69 BG (obviously there are exceptions, but their numbers are few), I actually don't like seal. I use it, because the game kind of forces it on you if you want to gain honor significantly and avoid risking it entirely.

As is, it's the only defense a higher character has against dryad bombing. Because dryad is so powerful, the higher levels need a defense against it, otherwise the game wouldn't be fair for people who have taken the time to build their honor. A low honor can safely charge headlong into battle with almost 0 risk of honor where the higher honor character never has that option (Unless they're VIP 9, but they're heavy cashers who aren't having issues gaining honor, most likely, anyway).

Holy seal just feels like poor game design. "You know what would be good for pvp? Removing people's ability to participate in it!" --- But then, removing people's ability to fight helps prevent dryad bombing..... It's 2 poorly implemented parts of the game cancelling each other out, to some extent. Of course, I didn't touch on seal's use outside of BG, but you guys can fight over that =P.

Comment

Dryad bombers cant win with 50% buff...ah so sad :] i'm 58 lvl with 14 v hs, on 59 i get 15 and 1 passive and this is not that easy.
                                This is not my fould if you with 52v and 50% dryad cant win with me or you have hs 10 on 59v...or you dont want be stuned on 60v from 69v who works with stun 3 months.
                                Time to grove up

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                                ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Working...
                                X