X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gramps1
    started a topic Get rid of stun

Get rid of stun

Stun is mainly for human on human battles. And it pretty much only works against lesser rated players.

The problem is, the strong player doesn't need stun, because he's going to win anyway, so all it does is make a bad situation worse for the weaker player.

One example from battleground; I'm going against a guy that has lvl 59 (!) templars versus my level 31. It's obvious I'm not going to do much damage. But now he uses stun and I don't even get a shot off. I fought him maybe 6 times during the last battleground and at least half the time, I got no shot on him at all.

Battleground should have at least some risk to the bigger player. To a large extent, stun takes that risk away. Drop stun or make it work equally for the lesser player.

• MadmanMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Gramps1 View Post
    Stun is mainly for human on human battles. And it pretty much only works against lesser rated players.

The problem is, the strong player doesn't need stun, because he's going to win anyway, so all it does is make a bad situation worse for the weaker player.

One example from battleground; I'm going against a guy that has lvl 59 (!) templars versus my level 31. It's obvious I'm not going to do much damage. But now he uses stun and I don't even get a shot off. I fought him maybe 6 times during the last battleground and at least half the time, I got no shot on him at all.

Battleground should have at least some risk to the bigger player. To a large extent, stun takes that risk away. Drop stun or make it work equally for the lesser player.

so wrong on so many levels, many times iv hit a player a good levels higher then me with stun, BUT, because they done run off n leveled up WITHOUT upping their talents I have won the battle. pvp, arena et all.

Depends so much on how a player plays

Leave a comment:

• miQQQs
    replied
    Dryad bombers cant win with 50% buff...ah so sad :] i'm 58 lvl with 14 v hs, on 59 i get 15 and 1 passive and this is not that easy.
    This is not my fould if you with 52v and 50% dryad cant win with me or you have hs 10 on 59v...or you dont want be stuned on 60v from 69v who works with stun 3 months.
    Time to grove up

Leave a comment:

• Zaaqen
    replied
    As someone who can use stun and effectively hit almost everyone I come across in the 60-69 BG (obviously there are exceptions, but their numbers are few), I actually don't like seal. I use it, because the game kind of forces it on you if you want to gain honor significantly and avoid risking it entirely.

As is, it's the only defense a higher character has against dryad bombing. Because dryad is so powerful, the higher levels need a defense against it, otherwise the game wouldn't be fair for people who have taken the time to build their honor. A low honor can safely charge headlong into battle with almost 0 risk of honor where the higher honor character never has that option (Unless they're VIP 9, but they're heavy cashers who aren't having issues gaining honor, most likely, anyway).

Holy seal just feels like poor game design. "You know what would be good for pvp? Removing people's ability to participate in it!" --- But then, removing people's ability to fight helps prevent dryad bombing..... It's 2 poorly implemented parts of the game cancelling each other out, to some extent. Of course, I didn't touch on seal's use outside of BG, but you guys can fight over that =P.

Leave a comment:

• Gramps1
    replied
    Actually, I'm a 53 now, lvl 42 templars, holy seal is at 6, and still fighting against 60's with 59 templars and doing 2k damage to them. Stun may have a place, but as it is currently designed, it decides the battle all by itself, and that's too much power for 1 skill. At least make stun so it works both ways, just not as often for the weaker players.

Leave a comment:

• R23221469
    replied
    Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
    one level cost 900++k gold, so it's not cheap nor easy.
    3-4 days exp and 1 world boss, its cheap and its easy, yawn

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    Originally posted by BrixunMortar View Post
    no it just means they are higher level than you n have all hs in talent! 1st the dryad bombers n now HS warriors! weak *** toons with no fight in them hiding behind stun
    one level cost 900++k gold, so it's not cheap nor easy.

Leave a comment:

• ShiKKihS
    replied
    Originally posted by BrixunMortar View Post
    no it just means they are higher level than you n have all hs in talent! 1st the dryad bombers n now HS warriors! weak *** toons with no fight in them hiding behind stun
    next are the whiners

Leave a comment:

• e314159
    replied
    Ok, holy seal is a defense against dryading. But it's also just too long for a 0-rage spell.
    Other skills that can stun are the 100-rage ultimate of archers and mages. And they don't even have a 100% stun chance...
    Make holy seal cost those 100 rage, and it'll be fair. Or make the "slow" effect work in PVP, so that holy seal is balanced with deep freeze/Thunderer. (but warriors will have it really bad)

I level holy seal only to get a defense against holy sealers, but i'd prefer investing in talents to have a "choice". HS is just "not playing" for the stunned one... If it was "not consuming rage", at least, we could use the base attack. If it was "not skilling", we'll try runes, something!. But no, it's "not playing", and I'm here to play.

Leave a comment:

• BrixunMortar
    replied
    Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post
    they didnt get their high lvl HS for free.. stop whining when people can stun you.. it simply means they are much stronger/advanced than you are.. leveling HS is not cheap FYI.. and it is worth it!

Leave a comment:

• R23221469
    replied
    mine is 32 and i still get stunned .... zzzzzzzzzzz
    so boring.

Leave a comment:

• ShiKKihS
    replied
    they didnt get their high lvl HS for free.. stop whining when people can stun you.. it simply means they are much stronger/advanced than you are.. leveling HS is not cheap FYI.. and it is worth it!

Leave a comment:

• R29998503
    replied
    I have to agree with the OP. The stun makes a huge difference, and when they can stun you every single time... Please also consider that there is no way to counter this. It isn't like runes/shield/health bonus... those you can do something about. Especially if you're an archer. But the stuns, you just have no chance. And you shouldn't need to stun every single opponent to dominate the bg....

Leave a comment:

• bleedingxorange
    replied
    Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
    It's all well and good when you can land a stun, but when someone who has played for a month or two or more than you, they should have a higher Holy Seal, and even if they have lower stats, they can still get the win due to 3 missed turns.
    If R2 goes the same way as the china server, there will be caps on holy seal based on charater lvl. This will help to make it not only more fair to those who havent been playing as long, but will give a reason to spend talent points on actually talents instead of always trying to get seal as high as possible. In another thread, someone posted the chart of player lvl/seal cap if you care to go find it.

Leave a comment:

• ElusionM
    replied
    Holy Seal is the single most annoying thing to happen to the game.
    It's all well and good when you can land a stun, but when someone who has played for a month or two or more than you, they should have a higher Holy Seal, and even if they have lower stats, they can still get the win due to 3 missed turns.

I think when it comes to Battlegrounds, good idea is to avoid the server that's been around much longer. I play on an oceanic server, lowest server I've fought is S40. So I try and avoid people from S40 unless I've already checked their stats and know I could beat them.

However in Arena, if you're lucky there is a bug with Holy Seal, if someone hits you twice with Holy Seal in a row, seems to sometimes bug out and take no effect at all. So no more stun.

I wouldn't mind if Holy Seal got nerfed, it currently takes around 2 turns to cast Holy Seal, I would rather see it take 3 turns to cast just to make it a bigger waste to use.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X