How is Arena Opposition picked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Arena Opposition picked

Just want to sort something out to put an end to a certain persons continual comments in my guild.

Are teams you face in arena selected on similar level range....or is it battle rating.

I have always thought that ideal teams to have were like, lvl 30 to 34, lvl 35 - 39, lvl 40 - 44.....etc etc.
    Now if you had teams as mentioned, I assumed you would face teams with one or more people in that same bracket, but not anyone above that level bracket.

Any ideas would be appreciated

I find that three people of the exact same level have the best chance of winning, even with a BR difference of 10K

Comment

No one knows exactly.

Anyone who claimed they know, are pure speculations.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

From my experience it's pretty much entirely by level.

If the matchings were based on BR - my OP team and I would have a more challenging time there.
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Yep, it is by level unless there's no available team for over 20 seconds, and then it chooses randomly.

Comment

I think it's based on players lvls:
            a similar system to BG:
            there must be an area for lvl 40-49 one for 50-59 one for 60-69...etc...

So when u have a team of players of close lvls ( 1 lvl 52, one lvl 56 and one lvl 58 ) they should face ppl of lvl 50-59, so wining/losing will be based on their "BR".
            it may sometimes apear unfair when a team get kicked in 1 or 2 turns, my toughts is that the loosing team have low br ( full lvl 50 team facing full lvl 59 team with huge br diffirence ) (i'm a lvl 64 mage with 39k br "non cacher"...yes very low for my lvl, and there is 1 another mage on my server of exact lvl "64" with 60k br).

One more way to chek if what i say is true is when u face a very "weak" enemie team or you have a very weak team, is for exemple, when a lvl 60 player team up with 2 lvl 35-45 players, they got systematic looses every time cause that lvl 60 player let arena system determin the team as a lvl 60-69 area.

Long story short:
            the highest BR you have on a certain lvl, the more wins you will get (if you tag with players of close BR of corse).
            Last edited by YAMAZORDX; 05-17-2013, 03:26 AM.

Comment

From my experience, this could be the algorithm (but, obviously, I don't know for sure):

1. Calculate some sort of an average connected to the team level (arithmetic, harmonic or maybe even median). This is the main number for comparison.
              2. Search for other teams with similar averages - as time progresses the range of the search widens (at 18-19 seconds the range is at about 10 levels of difference, possibly more).

Why an average, why not max? Because when I queue with people of about 15 levels below me (and sometimes I do) we get opponents who are stronger than them, but usually way weaker than I am.

Other things that I noticed coincide with the matchup (which does not mean the matchup is necessarily affected by it!):
              1. Honor rank of the participants. With level holders who have high honor ranks I sometimes get stronger opponents.

And something someone hinted a while ago, but it's almost impossible to check (and I find it unreliable at best):
              1. Current solo duel arena ranking of the participants.
              2. The medallions people are wearing (no medallions - weakest matchup).
              3. Number of wins with that team. Losing means getting the same teams, winning means getting different, usually stronger. This partially explains why I never get the same teams when I win, but always when I lose, but that's just wishful thinking

However, as people before me said, to win the most matchups, you'll have to max your BR per level.

Comment

We've fought people our level who were naked and we've fought a few really high BR teams. If it was BR based I don't see us getting matched with the naked team so many times.
                As for the number of wins theory above, no way is that accurate, we fight first arena and get same teams over and over. That's with almost all wins.
                I think its as simple as level, how many happen to be fighting atm and random picks.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                  From my experience it's pretty much entirely by level.

If the matchings were based on BR - my OP team and I would have a more challenging time there.
                  Level 60+ meeting kessar , dwarf and arumat daily, they are lvl 78 btw.
                  Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                  Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                  Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                  One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                  In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                  One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                  One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                  In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

To answer the thread title only 1 word is needed - BADLY

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
                      Level 60+ meeting kessar , dwarf and arumat daily, they are lvl 78 btw.
                      The higher your level, the fewer people there are of that level to match with. So the system has more difficulty matching you with a similar team.
                      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                        The higher your level, the fewer people there are of that level to match with. So the system has more difficulty matching you with a similar team.
                        I feel good when we meet those lvl 40+ in s200++
                        Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                        Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                        Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                        One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                        In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                        One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                        One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                        In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

If there are absolutely no teams online, after 2 minutes it will match you up with a weak, anemic 3-knight bot team worth 0xp to defeat. (Yes, Xaichazarai personally tested this during the DNS wipeout last month.) It will cheerfully match up a lvl 20 team with a lvl 55+ team before doing that, but wait time is 45 seconds-ish.

Comment

i dont know when i was lvl 36 or 39 how i came battling with lvl 55 or 45 sometimes (no 40+ partners were there)

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
                              3. Number of wins with that team. Losing means getting the same teams, winning means getting different, usually stronger. This partially explains why I never get the same teams when I win, but always when I lose, but that's just wishful thinking
                              So how does it explain why the other team gets your team over and over when they win?

Comment

Working...
                              X