X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah Group arena is mess now since the merge
    Every Action Has A Reaction

Comment

prior to 1.5 it seemed that there were some "fairly" consistent matching rules but you would see some outrageous mismatches (i recall being one-shot so fast that the screen didn't have time to fully rez). now, it's not just that there are mismatches, but you get matched up against the same team for 10-15 consecutive times, even when you wait 15-20 seconds to start. in a run of 30, it's not out of the ordinary to see only 5 to 10 unique teams. something is awfully wrong about that.

some things that you should do, regardless of the screwy system: keep your team in a 5k br range (3k is even better if you can), stay in a 5 lvl bracket (30-34, 35-39, etc) as a high outlier will drag your group up against a bracket according to the high player (a 30, 34 and a 37 will get matched up with teams in the 35-39 range more often). these things won't guarantee that the system won't screw with you anyway, i just find that they make life a bit easier when you get "normal" matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooBee View Post
        No guys don't go there, it is something wrong with the matching system, period!

We were 3 guys at level 48-49 and lost big times at least 80%!

So the matching system is out of control, no doubt at all, don't blame anything else.
        80% at least? Weird, are you facing a lot of level 50s especially those who always use HS that you have a lot of losses? Because in my arena team's everyday fights, we win 25-28 out of 30 for some mistmaches (opponents of level 50-55 with above average builds and powerful hs) and perfect win if no mismatches (we are levels 41, 48 and 49 with average 32k br, 2 of us are light cashers, 1 is a non-casher). I observe that if it is the last hour of arena, there are more mismatches.

Comment

Xaichazarai generally sees more unbalanced teams (and wilder mismatches) when Battleground is running.

Comment

Maybe the game is trying to tell you that being the "best level 39 archer" is worthless...?

Comment

Originally posted by XzystTense View Post
              Maybe the game is trying to tell you that being the "best level 39 archer" is worthless...?
              It's totally better to be best lvl 70 hard casher right? roflmao

Comment

Originally posted by DukeOfViljamovka View Post
                It's totally better to be best lvl 70 hard casher right? roflmao
                Who said anything about hard casher? I am not a hard casher at all, im 68 and have spent 20 dollars....I am under 45k BR and I range from 30-90 in solo arena on my server (if im rising I can get to 30 when I am falling my AI beats people worse than 100 most of the time), I am Elite Crusader and I have never left a quest incomplete on purpose, I have never stayed at a level purposely except when getting talent points, its not hard to play this game the way it was meant to be played without spending money...

IMO hard/heavy cashers are almost as bad....it's their own decision to spend their money on whatever they want, but I believe, eventually one day, they will look back and regret it...I know I would...so I am much happier *eventually* (hopefully) being the best light casher on my server than being the 3rd-20th best hard casher....

But at least the 70 hard casher is helping their guild progress....a slow leveler is nothing but selfish and helps no one but themselves because of how much they limit their playability because of things being "too much exp"...

In the end, everyone *may* have regrets on some of their decisions....but I *know* slow levelers will eventually look back and regret some things....all the lost gems from not doing Crypts every day, or all the Spire Chests missed (the ones who dont know something), even maybe all the lost items from skipping Divine Altar (Mount Whips, Crystals, etc.)....it is a LOT of lost time, and as the WoW goblins say, "Time is money, friend."

I guess neither is *better* per se...but one is much more selfish than the other...just my opinion...

Comment

But at least the 70 hard casher is helping their guild progress....a slow leveler is nothing but selfish and helps no one but themselves because of how much they limit their playability because of things being "too much exp"...
                  Nonsense! Enter and leave 3 Nether and you can help people plenty, also group arena gives no exp...

The only thing I can't help with is Spire (which you can only do once anyway)
                  Blizzarea
                  S147
                  Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
                    Nonsense! Enter and leave 3 Nether and you can help people plenty, also group arena gives no exp...

The only thing I can't help with is Spire (which you can only do once anyway)
                    Eh, they will find another way to call slow levelers selfish. We find ways around the gaining of exp to help people out, but we are always selfish lol
                    Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

a slow leveler is nothing but selfish and helps no one but themselves because of how much they limit their playability because of things being "too much exp"...
                      I've had this discussion before.

I'm a slow leveller.

I do on average 90 to 120 runs through arena 3v3 everyday, helping guildies weaker than me get their insignia. I like you to take one person of a significantly lower BR than yourself, into 3v3 and see how many times you win. By significantly lower - lets say under 30k BR.

I'm also happy to help people in all the multi player dungeons, so long as my own three runs are done, or I'm not gaining xp.

All players are selfish. You & I included. To say that a slow leveller is more selfish is silly.
                      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

you know what you r problem? why you can meet a higher lvl person? its becoz you honor rank. you re crusader. when matching it sometimes give you same honor opponent like you. i exprienced alot when im at 39 and 49.

Comment

Who said anything about hard casher? I am not a hard casher at all, im 68 and have spent 20 dollars....I am under 45k BR and I range from 30-90 in solo arena on my server (if im rising I can get to 30 when I am falling my AI beats people worse than 100 most of the time), I am Elite Crusader and I have never left a quest incomplete on purpose, I have never stayed at a level purposely except when getting talent points, its not hard to play this game the way it was meant to be played without spending money...

IMO hard/heavy cashers are almost as bad....it's their own decision to spend their money on whatever they want, but I believe, eventually one day, they will look back and regret it...I know I would...so I am much happier *eventually* (hopefully) being the best light casher on my server than being the 3rd-20th best hard casher....

In the end, everyone *may* have regrets on some of their decisions....but I *know* slow levelers will eventually look back and regret some things....all the lost gems from not doing Crypts every day, or all the Spire Chests missed (the ones who dont know something), even maybe all the lost items from skipping Divine Altar (Mount Whips, Crystals, etc.)....it is a LOT of lost time, and as the WoW goblins say, "Time is money, friend."

I guess neither is *better* per se...but one is much more selfish than the other...just my opinion...
                          Didn't know it's selfish to help lowbies getting some free insignia I stay at 39 cuz i'm lazy to lvl and for me it's all about pvp, so i enter only in bg and arena when i have free time, as i said earlier i don't need insignia or anything i have plenty of it. Ask a lowbie if it's easy at their lvl to get pvp set before hitting lvl 40 and then tell me i'm selfish, you have no idea how many people i helped to get full pvp sets... If i feel like playing peacefully and help other people out instead of myself i'd rather go play minecraft or ican always make another account and rush to 80.

Comment

If only a dev would post at least a hint about how the matchup algorithm works. It drives me nuts when I lose 75% of my matches almost consistently. As an aside, I haven't won a single BG (out of 10-15 attempts) since i started this game...

Comment

Originally posted by R217518503 View Post
                              If only a dev would post at least a hint about how the matchup algorithm works. It drives me nuts when I lose 75% of my matches almost consistently. As an aside, I haven't won a single BG (out of 10-15 attempts) since i started this game...
                              BG would appear to simply be a simple arrangement of assigning each person who signs up to an alternate team till the BG is full and then starting again.

The guild I am in has BG parties, where several of us all click simultaneously. We usually end up in the same BG. sometimes one of us ends up filling up the 30th slot in a BG where someone has left prematurely.
                              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

This match system sux. It should be done by medium BR of the team not matching the highest BR and Level. Also,the system gives you the next available team as opponent not even the level or the br match. If the next available is lvl 80 team you`re ****-ed up. They really should work on this system and write some codes in it to prevent that ****.
                                Your worst nightmare .
                                Azazael - S20

Comment

Working...
                                X