Doing NM 65 without archer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shynnblue View Post
    yea, and cata boss. its been known widely that the eye boss hits mages for far lesser than the other classes because of their mdef. but maybe he's talking about only MP bosses.. then that i wouldn't know if what he says is indeed true
    next time i run GoD NM, ill put a mage (with similar mdef to my pdef) in the front row with me at the second boss, and see who gets hit harder. I'll also take a screen and post back in here.

Comment

Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
      Nope, boss hits the same if 2 class have the same def for their def class. in other words they only use patk against pdef class (knight/archer), matk against mdef class (mages).
      The reverse, each class hits the boss differently, because the boss same like us have 2 defense stats but different ratios. Astrals like goddess blessing or guardian angel plays role.
      No you are wrong, want an example of this? Void eye(same attack does less dmg on a mage with X mdef, then on a knight with X pdef), GoD bull(me with 11k mdef takes LOT more then a knight with 10.5k pdef, my mdef>knight pdef, yet I take lot more..), TL dragon(same as GoD bull)
      Now there are more examples of this... just about every single boss is enough to show the difference<.<. There are reasons that mages dont stand in front row
      (oh and in my examples, the knight had same lvl GB as me.. I dont know if he had tenacity, but doesnt matter as he still took way less dmg with same GB)

Comment

who started stating that boss attacks are base on what ype of class? **! boss attacks are specifically physical or magical.. it depends on the boss and what skill the boss make..

makes me really laugh reading this **!

Comment

laba-laba did.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post
            who started stating that boss attacks are base on what ype of class? **! boss attacks are specifically physical or magical.. it depends on the boss and what skill the boss make..

makes me really laugh reading this **!
            That would be laba-laba, i highlighted my favorite line:

All MP Bosses have the same amount in both patk and matk. What's different are their defense ratios between mdef/pdef (how fast each class can kill it).
            Any class can tank (Knights are only preferred because their HP, not def) but if any in your team have less than 14k mdef/pdef,
            then you shud have apollo ready.

Comment

You can try it yourself. I've ran and tank plenty of runs once I get the minimum mdef to tank, solo even 40-50 MPs without fortitude.
              Heck today, I opened a NM temple run with a knight who totally forgot to put his mdef astral after world boss.
              Hitting a physical class with magic damage (or vice versa) is non-sense, not present in this game and represent a bad game design
              because class distribution is not regulated. It only make sense if you're not allowed to choose your class at start.
              [morfinnor]
              Temple of Ibalize

Comment

You can try it yourself. I've ran and tank plenty of runs once I get the minimum mdef to tank, solo even 40-50 MPs without fortitude.
                Heck today, I opened a NM temple run with a knight who totally forgot to put his mdef astral after world boss.
                Hitting a physical class with magic damage (or vice versa) is non-sense, not present in this game and represent a bad game design
                because class distribution is not regulated. It only make sense if you're not allowed to choose your class at start.
                Demon 1st boss = patk so the mdef astral is totally useless
                By your thinking a mage should hit a tank with patk right?

Comment

we HAVE tried it ourselves. Go into god nm and put a knight + mage in front row during second boss. See the difference in dmg it is ALOT. the 2nd boss ONLY deals patk.

Comment

now explain that..
                    Last edited by ShiKKihS; 05-26-2013, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by horick View Post
                      Demon 1st boss = patk so the mdef astral is totally useless
                      By your thinking a mage should hit a tank with patk right?
                      no, just for PvE part. I haven't found any evidence that really separates damage taken by any classes from bosses .

Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post
                      now explain that..
                      800 damage is hardly a big difference, any damage can float up to 2000 on any fights even if you have mega defs for both.

If bosses really have specific attack then by all means 7k pdef shouldn't be able to tank any from NM void to TL.
                      Simple as that for me, plus what's the point frustrating yourself with finding specific classes with specific stats for dungeons everyday.
                      Last edited by laba-laba; 05-26-2013, 09:56 AM.
                      [morfinnor]
                      Temple of Ibalize

Comment

no, just for PvE part. I haven't found any evidence that really separates damage taken by any classes from bosses .

800 damage is hardly a big difference, any damage can float up to 2000 on any fights even if you have mega defs for both.

If bosses really have specific attack then by all means 7k pdef shouldn't be able to tank any from NM void to TL.
                        Simple as that for me, plus what's the point frustrating yourself with finding specific classes with specific stats for dungeons everyday.
                        it didnt took me a while to find.. coz they are my partymates all the time.. now you say 800 is not a significant, then LOL.. that 800 is very significant to that 2200 and 1400.. if we are talking about

lets say 7000 and 6200 now that is not significant enough..

Comment

7k pdef is LOADS in 40... 7k pdef is a lot until around 50(if knight, still very good for other classes).. so tanking nm void with 7k is by far enough (be aware that last and 1st boss is pure matk so pdef doesnt matter at all)

Comment

So it sounds like the first boss is purely Patk so we can take out Mdef gems and replace. What about astrals? Would you recommend Illusion, Deflection, Guardian Angel, Regen?

Comment

Originally posted by SirChuck View Post
                              So it sounds like the first boss is purely Patk so we can take out Mdef gems and replace. What about astrals? Would you recommend Illusion, Deflection, Guardian Angel, Regen?
                              deflection is pretty useless for tanking this boss, illusion not that useful unless it is really high level maybe lv 8 above. i tanked this boss with my archer (no warrior call) with fortitude, determination, sniper edge, guardian angel (needed so boss don't crit me too often since do not have knight's crit reduction passive), goddess blessing, holy force. all in all 6 slots.

edit: if i had the 7th slot when i tanked this boss, i would have put in enshieldment. it helps alot when added to at least imperial medallion.
                              Last edited by shynnblue; 05-28-2013, 09:26 AM.

Comment

We had 2 mages, 1 knight, 1 archer and got past it our first try. woo hoo!!! 3 of us did use WC though. Were all around 55k.
                                Last edited by SirChuck; 05-28-2013, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X