Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Doing NM 65 without archer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing NM 65 without archer

is it possible?
    our key group doesn't have an archer.. so wondering if it is possible to take 1st boss without an archer
    (3 mages 1 knight in the group, 2 mages with pve set, both 15k-ish matk... will have more when reaching around 65)
    I am wondering if it is possible for our team to do key runs in 65 NM with this group, and if it is what BR/talents/stuffs like that do we need? (we are only around 60, but just want a heads up on what we should prepare for )
    I couldn't find any info about if a group like this could run it when searching so dont flame at me for not trying, thank you in advance

Not 100% sure, but I would not think so.

Think DF and scatter are needed to pass here, but I could not say it's not possible, as I haven't tried it without archer.

Comment

Was hoping scatter wouldn't be needed:/ ..
      Would it be possible with a pve mage spamming thunderer almost all the time?

Comment

I honestly don't know. I usually run with 2 archers, 1 knight and 1 mage, but I am sure other combinations are possible.

Hopefully someone else will be better able to advise you. The only other option is the old fashioned way, try it after you have used up your runs, that way you don't lose anything apart from some HP!

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
          is it possible?
          our key group doesn't have an archer.. so wondering if it is possible to take 1st boss without an archer
          (3 mages 1 knight in the group, 2 mages with pve set, both 15k-ish matk... will have more when reaching around 65)
          I am wondering if it is possible for our team to do key runs in 65 NM with this group, and if it is what BR/talents/stuffs like that do we need? (we are only around 60, but just want a heads up on what we should prepare for )
          I couldn't find any info about if a group like this could run it when searching so dont flame at me for not trying, thank you in advance
          It would be impossible to pass it. DF and Scatter are needed for 1st boss. Idk If DF worked before but It works well now. And when the boss does increase dam. It will hit around 70 80k per hit --> If u have around 200k HP --> u can pass lol

Comment

Originally posted by R27537271 View Post
            It would be impossible to pass it. DF and Scatter are needed for 1st boss. Idk If DF worked before but It works well now. And when the boss does increase dam. It will hit around 70 80k per hit --> If u have around 200k HP --> u can pass lol
            oh guess not thx for info... dam buffs-_-

Comment

df not a must but helps you a lot, scatter is 100% needed though

Comment

It is impossible.

DF is important.
                Thunderer procs 50% of the time, but in my own experience, I've spammed it nonstop and it seems that the actual proc rate is much less than 50%.
                Without DF, you will get the boss attacking you really fast. Your 3 mages will have a hard time keeping up with the healing (due to CD, not rage).
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

is it possible?
                  Yeah it is possible, coz in the olden days pre 1.5 patch, we cant scatter the 1st boss, so it was a big monstrous race against time. I remember about 20k patk avg is needed and maybe 20k+ matk buffed. It was during those time just before the 1.5 patch with unlimited summons, that super squads cleared temple 1st boss nm mode.

Comment

is it possible?
                    I do L65 NM daily and help others there also. Archers are very important ( I am one), as scatter is needed not at the start of the fight but towards the end when the boss buffs. While two archers is ideal, both alternating DF and one or both using incend (one scatters later), the boss can be beaten ok with one archer in group, using either a load of rage runes, or having the 60s pve set...

I am not saying it is impossible without an archer to win, but would be extremely difficult! Your tank and mages would probably have to be among the best on your server. Even then the damage towards then end of the fight would probably be too high and too fast without df! Personally I would not consider fighting that boss without an archer...

The simple answer is to do your normal runs 3/3, then try the L65 NM when there is nothing to lose with the team that you suggest! - Howie
                    Last edited by Howie1; 05-23-2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                      It is impossible.

DF is important.
                      Thunderer procs 50% of the time, but in my own experience, I've spammed it nonstop and it seems that the actual proc rate is much less than 50%.
                      Without DF, you will get the boss attacking you really fast. Your 3 mages will have a hard time keeping up with the healing (due to CD, not rage).
                      Trying asking around in S1 Havoc guild see if it is impossible without scatter.

Comment

Originally posted by R25834513 View Post
                        Trying asking around in S1 Havoc guild see if it is impossible without scatter.
                        If you have 120k BR, you can do it with any class.
                        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                          If you have 120k BR, you can do it with any class.
                          I think 70k+ br is enough to do it without any archers, and knights need to have 70k+ hp. The 1st buff does around 65k dmg.
                          Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                          Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                          Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                          One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                          In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                          One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                          One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                          In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

yea I'm the knight in this group, we wont be anywhere near 70-120k br by 65. Prob. more like 55-60k-ish with all having the lvl 50 pve set. I would still give it a try when we have no attempts but it seems like we wont be passing it with our current group.

let me ask this, Is the first boss Patk or Matk? and around how much mdef/pdef do you need to properly tank it?
                            Last edited by bleedingxorange; 05-23-2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

i dont see how its possible without archer even with 70k br. without archer it simply buffs itself up too fast. unless the knight can tank the boss with 2 stacks or more buff and the team can kill it really fast. and it does a crazy ton of dmg when it is stacked up 2 times. 100k dmg maybe.

okay maybe there is a chance of passing it with whole team 70k++ br, 3 mage + 1 knight. 3 mages are all on pve set to spam thunderer to slow down the boss to prevent it buffing up too fast, and rotate heals on the knight. and knight with some insane amount of pdef so the boss % buff doesn't multiply up so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X