Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Floating Astral increase income from WB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisterChi View Post
    post #29
    "spoon feeding" remarks is only a response for your thinking others are lv 40 ish without seemingly understanding the full side of the story. i only return as much offense as it is given, simple.

theres a reason why they let you swap astrals. because it is meant to be swapped (duh) for different scenario. otherwise they should have just given you a few fixed tabs and let you level them up don't you think? and the words in this post is but an attempt to waste the efforts in my previous post, because,

Originally posted by MisterChi View Post
    my contention is with the cost benefit of leveling an astral for a single, specific scenario for which it is useful. why not use that gold to level an astral that is universally useful...say...goddess blessing? brilliance? enshieldment?

ultimately, i think you don't like me giving the charm astral the "useless" label. you give a good example of a use for it, although its value add is debatable outside that particular scenario. how about you call it "useful" and i say that it's "debatable" and we find something else to discuss?
    i already answered you with:

Originally posted by me View Post
    and don't forget exp required to level up astrals goes up exponentially. given a lv 8 mdef astral or a lv 7 mdef astral + lv 7 charm astral which would you choose? you'd probably go for lv 8 mdef astral but not me. i'd choose the lv 7 mdef + the swapable lv 7 charm anyday. because 200 mdef is not going to help you much even against matk enemies, infact you'd hardly notice a difference with extra an 200 mdef. but having a lv 7 charm astral that you can readily swap into use lets you bring the effectiveness of your character to the fullest especially if you need to defeat tough bosses in necro.
    and given the astrals help much in some specific scenarios while it doesn't compromise the other areas much (because of the exponentially increasing exp factor), we can't really say the astral is useless while others are making such good use of it.

and daftone. two level 5 = one level 6. two level 6= one level 7. you can only level an astral to lv 7 with a level 5 only if the level 6 was already extremely near level 7. level 5 astral gets you nowhere if you are trying to level up a level 6 for 7. and why level up charm when it is useful for 1 area (actually more than one areas if you read) of the game you ask? i already gave him the answer for that in the previous post.. to excel in every situation while not compromising others because exp required for leveling astral rises exponentially. because of that, the system is designed such that it would benefit you to have different astrals ready in your backpack to be swapped.

to conclude, its like tons of WD mages swapping to crit build during world boss and do so much more dmg than they would otherwise have. that way you can never say determination and sniper edge are useless for mages that decide to use WD out of wb. because it is far from useless.

edit: and just to illustrate what i do: i have lv 7 red sniper edge and red force, lv 8 determination, lv 7 mdef/pdef astrals, lv 7 goddes bless and lv 6 red brilliance. the swappable ones are charm level 6, guardian angel 6.

if i sythesise the charm and guadian angel to my main mdef/pdef or other astrals, seriously it would have hardly made a difference. (200mdef/pdef more). but with what i do, i can clear high level necropolis everyday or anyday i want. i can tank nm DT first boss as an archer anyday because the boss hardly crits me much with guardian angel equipped. (and i even have df and scatter equipped to deal with the boss.. the team would choose me over a knight anyday). i hope you can finally see the benefit of swapping now.
    Last edited by shynnblue; 05-29-2013, 08:53 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I just did floating damage 14% for the first time at WB and let me tell you, I'm in love with it. I used EWD 25% and Ruthlessness 14% and was a solid 15k Gold ahead every time (from not having it). Just my first experience, so we'll see after another WB.

Comment

I want Float Damage, people say it's useless, but it's awesome in WB, especially if you crit a lot and have high level crit dmg inc.

Same thing with Reflect Damage, this actually works on Guild War's Ward... I reflect back 3000~5000 dmg (if I didn't dodge)

Comment

So using floating damage for 3 days now vs world boss (2 WBs with and 1 without) and I'm confident that my floating damage @21% is making me much more gold and finally placing me in top 10 damage

Comment

see a lot of people using floating with crit builds thy have increased there income in the range of 15-20k a turn they also so seem to be using carisma removing both defence astrals i'm guessing but high lvl troops more dmg ?

Comment

Charisma only increase Troop Count = HP

It does not increase damage or Troop Level.

No one uses Defense Astrals unless they're going to Tank all 5 WB hits.

Comment

Floating Damage Astral

I think some people are not fully understanding Ruthlessness....unless of course it is I who is not understanding it...but I have noticed quite a difference in using level 5 not only in WB, but in MPDs and honestly everywhere....this is how I have been told it works and it makes more sense this way, as it shows it would actually be useful....

If your Enhanced Ruthlessness Astral is level 3, so 21%, and your minimum damage is 1k, and your max damage 2k, the astral would reduce your minimum dmg by 210 (1000 * 21% = 210) which would make it 790, but it would increase your max dmg of 2000 by 420 (2000 * 21% = 420) to a total of 2420, so in essence, it should increase your overall dmg, because your max dmg is a higher number and gaining a larger total number from its percentage....and thats at a low dmg...lets see a bit higher...

If your astral is level 5, so 35%, and your min dmg is 3k and your max dmg is 8k.... it would lower your min dmg by 1050 (3000 * 35% = 1050) to 1950, and your max dmg by 2800 (8000 * 35% = 2800) to 10800....

Make sense to you guys?

Edit: shynn...thank you...you made some awesome points about charisma...if I ever get a red one I will save it now, most definitely
                Last edited by XzystTense; 06-03-2013, 04:58 PM. Reason: shynn...

Comment

Originally posted by XzystTense View Post
                  I think some people are not fully understanding Ruthlessness....unless of course it is I who is not understanding it...but I have noticed quite a difference in using level 5 not only in WB, but in MPDs and honestly everywhere....this is how I have been told it works and it makes more sense this way, as it shows it would actually be useful....

If your Enhanced Ruthlessness Astral is level 3, so 21%, and your minimum damage is 1k, and your max damage 2k, the astral would reduce your minimum dmg by 210 (1000 * 21% = 210) which would make it 790, but it would increase your max dmg of 2000 by 420 (2000 * 21% = 420) to a total of 2420, so in essence, it should increase your overall dmg, because your max dmg is a higher number and gaining a larger total number from its percentage....and thats at a low dmg...lets see a bit higher...

If your astral is level 5, so 35%, and your min dmg is 3k and your max dmg is 8k.... it would lower your min dmg by 1050 (3000 * 35% = 1050) to 1950, and your max dmg by 2800 (8000 * 35% = 2800) to 10800....

Make sense to you guys?

Edit: shynn...thank you...you made some awesome points about charisma...if I ever get a red one I will save it now, most definitely
                  2 things
                  Learn game mechanics
                  Learn how to use calculator
                  From where you get 3k minimum dmg and 8k max if dmg what you deal is 90%-110% ... Even with 100%=10000 diference min-max is 2k.
                  Lets go with this... With your calculation is super great but this is wrong calc...
                  Lets say float astro with 21% bonus and 10000 100% dmg.
                  This astro give you 2100 more or less dmg on minimum-maximum numbers so you can hit 6900-13100.
                  I dont have good feelings with that astro, use sometimes on wb for fun but this is waste of astro slot on other aspects...
                  Good night

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                  ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
                    2 things
                    Learn game mechanics
                    Learn how to use calculator
                    From where you get 3k minimum dmg and 8k max if dmg what you deal is 90%-110% ... Even with 100%=10000 diference min-max is 2k.
                    Lets go with this... With your calculation is super great but this is wrong calc...
                    Lets say float astro with 21% bonus and 10000 100% dmg.
                    This astro give you 2100 more or less dmg on minimum-maximum numbers so you can hit 6900-13100.
                    I dont have good feelings with that astro, use sometimes on wb for fun but this is waste of astro slot on other aspects...
                    Good night
                    They were purely hypothetical numbers, I guess they were a bit outrageous, but the dmg you deal and the dmg you hit for have many factors that come into play and which factors are calculated first would make a big difference, do you know all these? If so please direct me to where you found your information...I always like learning things....but from my experience, what you are saying does not seem true, there is something that you are not taking into effect

Edit: BTW I used a calculator....a usage of a calculator would not have any effect on your problems with my post...

Comment

They were purely hypothetical numbers, I guess they were a bit outrageous, but the dmg you deal and the dmg you hit for have many factors that come into play and which factors are calculated first would make a big difference, do you know all these? If so please direct me to where you found your information...I always like learning things....but from my experience, what you are saying does not seem true, there is something that you are not taking into effect

Edit: BTW I used a calculator....a usage of a calculator would not have any effect on your problems with my post...
                      Idk where you see problem...This is pure matematic and read with understanding...
                      If float astro change,like discription say, my numbers are ok.
                      If basic dmg is 90-110%, what knows most of ppl here, my numbers are ok.
                      If Both uper things are correct -what you dont Understand?
                      I know you think about -% from medal or godess bless or talent or other bonuses, but all thise things base on your normal dmg , what float astro changing.
                      The same with +% bonuses...
                      If you have luck you can hit harder thats true, but you can hit lower to - when you need.
                      At last using float astro on others areas then wb is waste of slot
                      I hope now you understand my point

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                      ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Lol....cite your sources please....you just saying something doesnt mean anything to me....damage calculation is not that simple....sorry, please show me proof and I'll believe you....until then, sorry no

Edit: And by proof I mean from r2 or someone that can confirm it, or someone with parse logs, otherwise my experience tells me otherwise
                        Last edited by XzystTense; 06-04-2013, 02:20 AM.

Comment

This is not my problem you dont know basic things of mechanic game what you play...
                          What prof you neeD? Answer from r2 that, basic dmg is 90-110% and float astro change that? This is what this astro works. If this is basic dmg, this is strat point for evry +/- bonuses... Floating damage dont change dmg after +20% from medal or something like this, what you try to say. If this is to hard foR you to understand this is not my problem and i dont want waste time for u here
                          Last edited by miQQQs; 06-04-2013, 02:30 AM.

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                          ~135k Br

_________

Comment

The main question to be answered is:

Is the effect of ruthlessness being BEFORE or AFTER other effects or AT the same time?
                            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
                              This is not my problem you dont know basic things of mechanic game what you play...
                              What prof you neeD? Answer from r2 that, basic dmg is 90-110% and float astro change that? This is what this astro works. If this is basic dmg, this is strat point for evry +/- bonuses... Floating damage dont change dmg after +20% from medal or something like this, what you try to say. If this is to hard foR you to understand this is not my problem and i dont want waste time for u here
                              What I am trying to say is....my killing ability in BGs is MUCH better now that I keep ruthlessness on permanently...in GB against the ward tower, in GB against other players, in BG, in solo arena, in group arena, in solo and mp dungeons, and of course WB....everywhere, my dmg is increased noticably....I don't know the exact formula, like I said I learn from experience, and my experience tells me its worth it...so ill move along now and you enjoy...tired of trying to decipher your posts anyways...good day

Comment

What I am trying to say is....my killing ability in BGs is MUCH better now that I keep ruthlessness on permanently...in GB against the ward tower, in GB against other players, in BG, in solo arena, in group arena, in solo and mp dungeons, and of course WB....everywhere, my dmg is increased noticably....I don't know the exact formula, like I said I learn from experience, and my experience tells me its worth it...so ill move along now and you enjoy...tired of trying to decipher your posts anyways...good day
                                Im happy, if you have good fealings with this astro but good luck if you use it always under 60 as mage or knight or under 70 as archer...
                                For me, 59 archer this astro is option only on wb. Like i say - im happy you have profits from float astro...but dont tell me what i dont know about this astro works
                                Cya and have fun

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                                ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Working...
                                X