Add Option/Punishment for Farm Thiefs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sycocys View Post
    Actually I did the math. You will never break even even if you steal for all your counters every day. You lose 30% of your crop to stealing which is far from a small %. And most people I've seen make this argument have never even looked at the numbers in the farming.

20% cost just in seeds + 30% loss for stealing leaves you with 50% of your crops production. That 30% loss is actually quite a significant portion of your production.
    I recall proving your math was wrong.

Comment

Personlly,

I support this idea.

However maybe just have it lower to "3 people stealing from your farm" limit

It doesn't matter which 3 people, but after your farm have been stolen by 3 people (written in Farm record)
      You get an 2 ~ 12 hour (based on either Farm/ Tree Level or Land Level) protection buff that makes it so your crop can't be stolen again until after the buff is removed.

And after the buff is removed and it gets stolen by 3 people, the buff is activated again.

This allows players to keep their "200 stolen a day" function
      Thieves can still stole crops from time to time (just not constantly from one player)
      No players gets any sort of Punishment
      Last edited by anichaos; 05-31-2013, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
        Personlly,

I support this idea.

However maybe just have it lower to "3 people stealing from your farm" limit

It doesn't matter which 3 people, but after your farm have been stolen by 3 people (written in Farm record)
        You get an 2 ~ 12 hour (based on either Farm/ Tree Level or Land Level) protection buff that makes it so your crop can't be stolen again until after the buff is removed.

And after the buff is removed and it gets stolen by 3 people, the buff is activated again.

This allows players to keep their "200 stolen a day" function
        Thieves can still stole crops from time to time (just not constantly from one player)
        No players gets any sort of Punishment
        No even trying to be mean, but why post if your not going to read?

your crops CAN ONLY BE STOLEN 3 TIMES RIGHT NOW however if they finish with crops/weeds you lose another 10% (equal to another steal) and if they need to be revived because they are dead you lose another 10% (equal to another steal) if your crops lost more than 30% (3 steals) it's because you didnt keep up with your farm (let your crops die/didnt clean them) In which case i see no problem with there being a penalty for not taking care of your farm, if you leave crops just sitting there for 12+ hours that kind of your own fault.

Originally posted by bleedingxorange View Post
        Let's point out some facts about farms real fast.

1. If your crops finish with bugs/weeds on them you get less crops per pull that is equal to 1 person stealing your crop. So, your getting mad that you are getting less crop but what about the people who are keeping your farm clean? if they DIDNT keep it clean you would get less crop anyway.

2. You need people to fully energize your tree to get the gold/vouchers/kyanite

3. You can also steal from other peoples farm, you get 200 attempts per day.

4. The maximum a plant can be "stolen" is 3 times, if it finished with bugs/weeds you still lose some and it will be as if 4 people picked it.

Comment

trying to give a solution...

yet all I get is Herp Derp...

did you bother reading the part about 2 ~ 12 hour protection buff I mentioned?

This means within 2 to 12 hours, you only get 3 people stealing from your crops

This means you can plant 1 hour crops for 12 hours = 12 hours worth of 4500 gold.

But if you have the 12 hour protection buff, you only lost from one of those 4500 gold, meaning the other 11 hours can't be stolen.

Comment

that would make the 200 steal attempts pointless, if they were going to do anything, it would be a protection token much like you could have on your castle. But they wont get a protection for farm anyway, as even IF no one steals from your farm you can STILL lose 20%, why? It is a penalty for not taking care of your farm. So even IF you had protection it would still be possible to lose crop.

Comment

o really, you only got 1 friend? LOL

and who the hell mentioned about % crop lost from weed and bug? I sure didn't.

Comment

o really, you only got 1 friend? LOL

and who the hell mentioned about % crop lost from weed and bug? I sure didn't.
                lol? no one said anything about friends, so not sure *** you even talking about.

and YOU are talking about % crop lost, you want a protection so you GET THE FULL AMOUNT OF THE CROP, how can you get the full amount when you can lose up to 20% (NOT FROM PEOPLE TAKING) as a penalty. LOL your reading/comprehending skill are absolutely terrible maybe the worst iv seen on the forums. How can you get the full amount, when you can still lose from penalty? I can't say that any more clear than that so if you STILL dont understand then too bad for you.

What you said, i put it BOLD FOR YOU WHAT IM RESPONDING TO:

trying to give a solution...

yet all I get is Herp Derp...

did you bother reading the part about 2 ~ 12 hour protection buff I mentioned?

This means within 2 to 12 hours, you only get 3 people stealing from your crops

This means you can plant 1 hour crops for 12 hours = 12 hours worth of 4500 gold.

But if you have the 12 hour protection buff, you only lost from one of those 4500 gold, meaning the other 11 hours can't be stolen.

Comment

I don't understand why people have such a big problem with stealing from farms.

Think about it this way: If you plant 4 hour crops on a 9 plot farm, you plant 54 per day. Each plot can be stolen from 3 times before it is depleted. This means that the maximum number of times you can be stolen from in a day is 162 times.

You on the other hand can steal 200 times in a day. As long as you steal from crops of equivalent value to the ones that were taken from you, you come out ahead. If you manage to snag some 12 hour plants, then you come out significantly ahead. If you steal 1 hour crops, then you might just be wearing a bicycle helmet everywhere you go.

If everyone stole from everyone, it would be a wash and the only ones who lose are those who don't steal. It's not really a significant problem, and complaining about it is just as pointless as people who complaining about the level 49/59/etc farming people in battlegrounds. The game incentivizes that behavior. You can't beat them, so you may as well join them.

Comment

agreed mistikman

Comment

Working...
                    X