Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guild Battles and Rewards - R2 (You really need to help balance)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Battles and Rewards - R2 (You really need to help balance)

Because most players want the easy rewards, they are abandoning their guilds in favor of the top 1 or 2 guilds on the server. So, the smaller guilds will NEVER have a chance of catching up in strength because 1) They are losing players to these top guilds, and 2) The players of these top guilds just continue to get stronger with the rewards while the smaller guilds fade away...

Depriving the losing guilds of whips is severely crippling them. Possible solutions is to increase the losing guilds rewards or give out rewards to only the top 10 players on each side of a build battle. This will deter those players that want the easy rewards and force them to earn it.

Another solution. Make guild battles cross server and set the matches based on Battle Rating..Is it really fun for a guild with a battle rating of 600k to go up against a guild with a battle rating of 2 Million? Also, you can reward the top 8 guilds on a particular server based on how they did against other servers. This would force the players to balance out the 8 guilds if they want to reap the rewards.

The great imbalance between the top and lower ranked guilds is destroying the game.

Originally posted by ghostwolf13 View Post
    Because most players want the easy rewards, they are abandoning their guilds in favor of the top 1 or 2 guilds on the server. So, the smaller guilds will NEVER have a chance of catching up in strength because 1) They are losing players to these top guilds, and 2) The players of these top guilds just continue to get stronger with the rewards while the smaller guilds fade away...

Depriving the losing guilds of whips is severely crippling them. Possible solutions is to increase the losing guilds rewards or give out rewards to only the top 10 players on each side of a build battle. This will deter those players that want the easy rewards and force them to earn it.

Another solution. Make guild battles cross server and set the matches based on Battle Rating..Is it really fun for a guild with a battle rating of 600k to go up against a guild with a battle rating of 2 Million? Also, you can reward the top 8 guilds on a particular server based on how they did against other servers. This would force the players to balance out the 8 guilds if they want to reap the rewards.

The great imbalance between the top and lower ranked guilds is destroying the game.
    I honestly feel sorry for people who got to the top 3 guilds. Only 50 people can participate in GB, and most of the people in the guilds wouldn't make the battle. I opted for a less populated guild and am immensely happy here. We don't win most of our battles, but we have fun and grow strong because of it .. It's a game, don't take it too seriously
    Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

Originally posted by DeathTh3Kid View Post
      I honestly feel sorry for people who got to the top 3 guilds. Only 50 people can participate in GB, and most of the people in the guilds wouldn't make the battle. I opted for a less populated guild and am immensely happy here. We don't win most of our battles, but we have fun and grow strong because of it .. It's a game, don't take it too seriously
      I'm right there with you...I feel exactly the same. I mainly feel bad for my members. I hate seeing them lose each week because we are the 8th strongest guild on the server. I personally will never join a top 3 guild. Those guilds tend to be filled with really aggressive players that care more about the rewards than building friendships (not all, just the ones I have encountered). On my particular server, I have seen guilds merge because they were afraid of the competition..And this was not a one guild event..It seems like every week, guilds are merging because they are afraid to lose...I always say, it's the players that make the guild, not the rewards...If there were only more of us that don't take the game too seriously, I think the game would be more fun.
      Last edited by ghostwolf13; 05-28-2013, 10:39 AM.

Comment

That's the conundrum with this game.

To become strong you need to be in one of the top guilds or it's not really worth it. All of the rewards are biased towards making the strong stronger and the weak weaker.
        That seems to be R2's way of operating and I don't see them changing soon.

As for the way the GB are matched, I think that also needs looked at. My guild is ranked 7th in guild strength and as such are always paired against one of the top 2 guilds in the 1st battle.
        However we can easily beat the guild that is 4th in strength (due to inactive players BR). However due to the way the GB is started we can never place above 5th.
        We lose 1 battle per week and finish in 5th place which I think sucks.

The GB should be ranked on the previous weeks results at least. This would at least give some reward for being outside the top 4 guilds in strength rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
          That's the conundrum with this game.

To become strong you need to be in one of the top guilds or it's not really worth it. All of the rewards are biased towards making the strong stronger and the weak weaker.
          That seems to be R2's way of operating and I don't see them changing soon.

As for the way the GB are matched, I think that also needs looked at. My guild is ranked 7th in guild strength and as such are always paired against one of the top 2 guilds in the 1st battle.
          However we can easily beat the guild that is 4th in strength (due to inactive players BR). However due to the way the GB is started we can never place above 5th.
          We lose 1 battle per week and finish in 5th place which I think sucks.

The GB should be ranked on the previous weeks results at least. This would at least give some reward for being outside the top 4 guilds in strength rankings.

Before our server got merged, we were ranked #4 in strength and that happened to us a lot. We got paired up with #1 or #2, lost, and then finished no better than #5. While some abandoned guild got the #4 spot. We just can't seem to catch a break either way.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostwolf13 View Post
            Before our server got merged, we were ranked #4 in strength and that happened to us a lot. We got paired up with #1 or #2, lost, and then finished no better than #5. While some abandoned guild got the #4 spot. We just can't seem to catch a break either way.
            I know, we lose 1 GB per week and get shafted on rewards.
            The guild that finishes 2nd every week loses 1 GB, the same as us, and get far better rewards for losing to the same opponents.

Comment

Well, the matching system is strange : 1v5, 2v6; 3v7, 4v8 ... even if the 5th guild could have a interesting fight vs the 4th one, it just won't happens.
              Usually, tournaments are 1v8, 2v7, 3v6; 4v5. I wonder why it's different here.

Also, a guild can move, under some circumstances. When my first guild went out of GB due to Gb restriction to top 8, we scattered among the top 8 guild, mostly the 5-8 ones. Now, the guild I went came to 2nd, and beat the first one once (mainly because most HL players were off on both sides...). So... well, with hope, you can do everything. (But don't stay at the 5th or 6th spot BR-wise, you'll get more fun at the 7th and 8th)
              E314
              Armor Games - S2
              Lv 65
              FairyTail

Comment

In our guild battles most of the lower ones we get matched against no show so we go after their tower relentlessly. The top three people in our guild get rewarded. Our guild is a top three guild in strength but when we face the other two guilds above us we get our butts kicked. All of us on our server are friendly so even as we are being beaten we are still enjoying ourselves and earning tons of insignia for doing so.

Comment

Don't top 10 people in Guild Battle get 150 extra Honor and Insignias? (not just top 3)

Also... to everyone... you're playing a P2W game... so you're bound to play serious especially if you're a casher, LOL.

Who here spends 100 USD just for the heck of it and decides to join into a less than top 3 Guild and only play for fun (casual style of 4 hour max a day)?

Heck... even if you're a non-casher, if you don't play some serious... you'll have zero chance against other players that play serious especially cashers.

Go ahead, try and do BG (both cross-server and guild war) without being serious (by that I mean you don't spend 5 month at level 39 or 49, but keeps on leveling regularly by doing dailies) Only serious ppls "Grind", people without a care doesn't Grind, they just let it flow naturally with what's given to them.
                  Last edited by anichaos; 06-02-2013, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                    Don't top 10 people in Guild Battle get 150 extra Honor and Insignias? (not just top 3)

Also... to everyone... you're playing a P2W game... so you're bound to play serious especially if you're a casher, LOL.

Who here spends 100 USD just for the heck of it and decides to join into a less than top 3 Guild and only play for fun (casual style of 4 hour max a day)?

Heck... even if you're a non-casher, if you don't play some serious... you'll have zero chance against other players that play serious especially cashers.

Go ahead, try and do BG (both cross-server and guild war) without being serious (by that I mean you don't spend 5 month at level 39 or 49, but keeps on leveling regularly by doing dailies) Only serious ppls "Grind", people without a care doesn't Grind, they just let it flow naturally with what's given to them.
                    The point is the matching system and the rewards available.

As I said earlier, my guild is placed 6 or 7 every week in GB ranking, which usually pitches us against the eventual winner in the 1st round.
                    Now that is the only GB we lose, so how come we can finish no higher than 5th every week, and don't get the same reward as the guild who finish 2nd. After all we have only both lost 1 battle, and against the same opponent. In reality we are the 3rd strongest guild in GB scenario, but can not finish in our true position. The top 2 guilds are way out of reach, but the other 2 guilds that hold 3 and 4 ranking every week only do so by holding onto "inactive" players to boost their ranking.

Not everyone can be in the top guild, otherwise there would be only 1 guild period. The whole point of GB is to promote competition in my eyes, and by restricting the advancement of lower guilds this does not happen.

Comment

No thanks cross-server are you out of your mind your chance fades with that if you are in a smaller guild.And also no true smaller guild merge and forming stronger one thats always the solution.

Comment

Working...
                      X