Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

The Big "Seperate BG by BR or 5 Levels" Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AllexAllexyo View Post
    I propose that Battlegrounds are dealt 5 of 5 lvl because a lvl 40 player can beat a player of 45, as well as higher lvl. Be according to the following category: 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-80.
    Unfornately the only people who will agree with you is the people it will benefit, the people who it won't benefit will disagree and troll it. Most people don't care to balance pvp unless it will help them and only them have an advantage.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Tehlawlfirm View Post
      Unfornately the only people who will agree with you is the people it will benefit, the people who it won't benefit will disagree and troll it. Most people don't care to balance pvp unless it will help them and only them have an advantage.
      balance... hmmm i also propose a no HS in solo arena. its not balance.. player gets a chance to stun a AI..also applies in wilds (plunders, and mine takeover)

      oh here's a very good suggestion too.. to prevent from missing a turn in a fight with another player, esp to archers, skills will be unclickable until the other has queued a skill.

      oh another thing, stat reduction for those super high BR players in bg, br reduce will depend on the br of the other player. lets say 80k br vs 70k br.. a reduce of 15% from the total stats of the higher BR TO MAKE IT FAIR. oh and limit the balens use of a player, say a 5k balen use per day.

      now, welcome to wartune -hello kitty online edition

      Comment


      • How about a BG that gives you honor whether you win or lose.
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post
          oh another thing, stat reduction for those super high BR players in bg, br reduce will depend on the br of the other player. lets say 80k br vs 70k br.. a reduce of 15% from the total stats of the higher BR TO MAKE IT FAIR.
          Apply that in CW too...
          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
          Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

          Comment


          • How about roll back the BG settings? They did a most unfair move possible! I just go in BG with my lvl 47 mage and face the lvl 53-54 ppl with >lvl 45 templars against my lvl 40 knights! *** is that? They ruin the only honor given instance from game! And for what? Cuz of 20-30 of players who stood some times on 39/49 etc lvl. And cuz some noobs had complain about lvl 35/45 set. But rather you win against superior set than superior troops. Specially when you must fight knights against templars.

            Another issue in BG are STUN skill. Under 50 lvls have not that skill. So, is not enough that we have to face templars, but we must loose 2-3 rounds cuz of STUN! And that are their ideea of **** fairness? More than that, the new stun range make that EVERYTIME high lvl stuns lower lvl! So, if I have lvl 50 and I face lvl 51 player, he ALWAYS will stun me no matter what!

            Solution:
            make BG for 5 lvls, like someone already sugested here or
            make troops matching with sets: grifons from 35 to 44, knights from 45 to 54, templars from 55~
            and TAKE CARE to not meet stun owners with those who have not the skill.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by AhuraMazda View Post
              More than that, the new stun range make that EVERYTIME high lvl stuns lower lvl! So, if I have lvl 50 and I face lvl 51 player, he ALWAYS will stun me no matter what!
              That is not true. Holy Seals of the same level cannot stun each other, no matter the difference in level of the players. If you're a level 50 with a HS at level 10 (the max in the lvl 50-62 range), a level 59 with HS level 10 will *not* be able to stun you. So as soon as you hit 50, level your HS to 10 and you're safe. It has to do with HS level, not with toon level.

              Comment


              • In Battlegrounds is not correct, for example, a player at lvl 40 with lvl 35 or 40 set class can beat a player lvl 45 + with lvl 45 set. Another example is this: a player at lvl 50 with lvl 45 set class cant beat a player lvl 55 + with lvl 55 set. The best is to be divided Battlegrounds of 5 in 5 lvl. Some players work hard to collect honor and is unfair for they to lose these honor because are killed by players with superior sets.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Tehlawlfirm View Post
                  Unfornately the only people who will agree with you is the people it will benefit, the people who it won't benefit will disagree and troll it. Most people don't care to balance pvp unless it will help them and only them have an advantage.
                  It's not about that at all. We troll suggestions that attempt to homogenize this game into a bland, soulless experience devoid of any challenge where everything is tuned to please the lowest common denominator. And it's not trolling, it's satire.

                  It's all well and good to talk about "Let's make everyone equal" when you're at the bottom end of a bell curve.

                  So to recap this "Balance BG" thread thus far...if it is to be balanced, it must be against your exact level, BR, and class, with the same gear, skills, gems, and runes. You must get the same amount of honor win or lose.

                  On top of that, we also need to remove honor loss, dryads, and temporary immunity after fights. We need full HP restored after every fight, like in GB. And for the shard farmers out there, I propose a special BG with no PvP whatsoever. Just shard farming. We can call it "The Miner Leagues"...though I'm open to naming suggestions.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by AllexAllexyo View Post
                    I propose that Battlegrounds are dealt 5 of 5 lvl because a lvl 40 player can beat a player of 45, as well as higher lvl. Be according to the following category: 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-80.
                    I actually like this idea. Makes the battle a bit more level instead of being camped by a player 8-9 levels above you. Given the fact that I've been in more 45-54 battlegrounds than I have 40-49 battlegrounds since leveling up to 45 (currently 48 almost 49) says something about disparity of the battlegrounds. Getting camped by toons who are using troops and abilities (the 2-round stun) which you don't have and not much to fight back with besides the blessing buff is not fun. Granted since I'm on a newer server and don't have VIP, it's still going to take me until Wednesday or Thursday to hit 50 and have a fighting chance. But that is still 10-20 chances of feeling like I'm being bullied in BGs

                    I would feel more comfortable about fighting someone who is only 3-4 levels above me compared to 8-9 levels. It's not so much a "Hello Kitty" mode but more of a level playing field. Instead of chaulking it up to having those Templars and the 2-round stuns as the excuse to loose, I can chaulk it up to either BR; not having enough Star points to heal to full, or out-skilled.

                    I would go so far as to lower the number of BG grouping suggested in the OP; mostly due to gearing and troop reasons:

                    30-34 (BG Intro; Gryphon/Priest troops), 35-39 (Initial lvl 35 PvP gear), 40 - 44 (Knight/Angel troops), 45 - 49 (lvl 45 PvP gear), 50-54 (Templar/Warlock troops + Stun), 55 - 59 (lvl 55 PvP gear), 60 - 69 (lvl 60 PvE gear; no new PvP gear), 70 - 80 (lvl 70 PvE gear; no new PvP gear).
                    Last edited by R224566182; 08-18-2013, 12:23 AM.
                    Also known as Hinalover.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tehlawlfirm View Post
                      Unfornately the only people who will agree with you is the people it will benefit, the people who it won't benefit will disagree and troll it. Most people don't care to balance pvp unless it will help them and only them have an advantage.
                      Welcome to R2's wartune forums!, where a few have nothing better to do but live here as trolls and MODs ignore them just like R2 does with tickets XD
                      My name itself is a flame...sweeeeeet! awesome! epic!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                        How about a BG that gives you honor whether you win or lose.
                        That's already there... "Victory" and "Failure" end screen... 80/90 Honor/Insig for winning, 30/30 for losing...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AllexAllexyo View Post
                          I propose that Battlegrounds are dealt 5 of 5 lvl because a lvl 40 player can beat a player of 45, as well as higher lvl. Be according to the following category: 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-80.
                          It should be every 5 levels due to HS allowances and pvp/pve differences. As well as a max honor cap per X amount of levels. So X player isn't L-learning D-disabled camped at lvl 59. Having started a noob on s1 bc I'm tried of waiting 10 years to see every update that I intend to spend ZERO dollars on, I'd also like to see it so that you can only attack those who have gotten a cart.

                          Now mind you, I only BG when R2 forces me for event quests. The pvp aspect of farming other players doesn't do anything for me...maybe bc I'm a girl and don't need wartune to make my nub feel big...or maybe because I'm not your average 20 year old player with no life XD Yeah they should fix it, but no they wont. Why cash if you cant make yourself feel big for it???? and this game is all about sucking whales dry, not actually making a fun exp.
                          My name itself is a flame...sweeeeeet! awesome! epic!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
                            It's not about that at all. We troll suggestions that attempt to homogenize this game into a bland, soulless experience devoid of any challenge where everything is tuned to please the lowest common denominator. And it's not trolling, it's satire.

                            It's all well and good to talk about "Let's make everyone equal" when you're at the bottom end of a bell curve.

                            So to recap this "Balance BG" thread thus far...if it is to be balanced, it must be against your exact level, BR, and class, with the same gear, skills, gems, and runes. You must get the same amount of honor win or lose.

                            On top of that, we also need to remove honor loss, dryads, and temporary immunity after fights. We need full HP restored after every fight, like in GB. And for the shard farmers out there, I propose a special BG with no PvP whatsoever. Just shard farming. We can call it "The Miner Leagues"...though I'm open to naming suggestions.



                            Those are opinions not facts.. Trolls have no room for dicussion, if they don't like something they troll it.

                            Comment


                            • Is it so unrealistic to expect people to fully consider their suggestions before submitting them, Tehlawlfirm?

                              1) Think of a change to suggest.
                              2) Immediately think of every consequence of it being implemented. Exploits, balance issues, etc, etc.
                              3) Tweak to solve for issues found in step 2. Return to step 1 if necessary. Proceed to step 4 when ready.
                              4) Submit suggestion.

                              The fact is, the OP's suggestion doesn't solve the problem of strong players camping the top end of BG brackets. It shrinks the brackets, sure. But level campers are gonna honor farm regardless of bracket size. So if taking OP's suggestion to its logical conclusion of "total and complete balance" looks like trolling, I would think that reflects poorly on the soundness of the OP's suggestion.

                              Also, be judicious in your use of the term "trolling." It can easily become a lazy way of shutting down discussion by discrediting those who don't agree with you.

                              Comment


                              • Battle grounds.

                                You have heard our whining and crying about the level gaps and in my opinion, you have only made things worse by adding a chance to get stuck with people as high as 36, 46, 56 and so on. Can't you make it so that no one can be attacked unless in transport? It would turn battle ground into a "more fair" part of the game. As it is, higher level bullies, sit and camp you out and you can't barely get out of your spawn without getting attacked. If a person is attacked repeatedly until the end of the battle ground they may not get any points at all. I mean this is a possibility and people tend to get a kick out of it. I personally wish there was a way to avoid battle ground completely but people need insignia.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X