Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big "Seperate BG by BR or 5 Levels" Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
    Once you are LD you don't even have to do BG anymore.
    events bg kills

Leave a comment:

• 0xykotton
    replied
    Matching by BR will make this far worse than it is now. Get a 100k BR person to strip to make it in the lower BR brackets. Then have them put there gear on and then crush everyone in that BG. It be far more whines on the thread than there is now about how the system is totally broken. The way it is now is perfectly fine. Learn to deal with it. Once you are LD you don't even have to do BG anymore.

Leave a comment:

• SkiaXia
    replied
    My opinion on this subject.
    I do not agree. People can abuse this severely. I will face 130k+ people if this happens and I'm only 83k br...
    If you cannot equip anything if you enter bg, it is stupid. Say you got an awesome astral while waiting to do something in bg, you couldn't equip it to improve yourself in bg.
    Say you got a better gem, you can't do anything then to improve in bg. There are many other reasons why that is a bad idea.
    If this ever happens...Watch the forum be flooded saying change it back. This option can be abused so badly to the point no one enters bg and r2 is flooding with tickets and forum ****. They do not want to put up with that. Br can be changed in a second. Not level. This makes it more fair for everyone. I can see your idea clearly but I just don't agree with it. People who don't cash or want to dominate must slow level.

Leave a comment:

• Ep!cFa!l
    replied
    If you fallowed the thread instead of just stating irrelevant opinions you would know my reasons for starting my own thread. What your doing right now is a big part of it.

I will defend my opinion in my own thread. I do not consider my idea original, I do not consider myself any kind of supreme authority on intelligence, and I wont continue to defend my opinion if someone can give me an a sound reason to stop. Telling me its been done to death so I should drop it just don't fit the bill so stop, just stop. A brief look at your post history shows you do nothing but make anything sound worse than it is, the majority are pessimistic and offer no constroctive ideas. Most infact, read like a facebook/twitter troll. I just dont care what your opinion is. Till you have a point to make with relevance, Do not waste my time and that of the other readers and posters.

I don't think you could abuse A BR based system much as you seem to obviously, so I don't know why you even brought it up. So please don't waste more space in my thread explaining, you just make yourself less appealing to converse with. EpicFail

Next
    Last edited by Ep!cFa!l; 02-01-2014, 10:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    This has been discussed to death. If you didnt even try to read the old threads don't even consider to make this dumb topic again.

And FYI i actually wanted the BR bracket division because i can abuse it more.

Leave a comment:

• Ep!cFa!l
    replied
    Originally posted by Nk412 View Post
    There is a huge problem with matching based on br. There is no incentive to become stronger, because you'll just have to fight stronger people. Pretty much all of the fun in the game comes from starting at the bottom of your bracket and working on your power to move up. Sure, single-player progression would be the same, but why get farther into the crypt for more crypt tokens if anything you buy with them will increase your br, making you fight equally stronger people?

Also, on top of that problem, there would still be people stronger than everyone else, as I doubt 30 people with reasonably close br could be found for every battleground instance.
    Your right, because guild wars, Class wars, MP dungeons, solo & MP arena, Divine alter and pvp in the wilds are defiantly not motivation enough to get stronger.

Also the BG system goes across ALL Servers not just ours I seriously doubt it would be that hard to find enough players.

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    You are. It's clearly on your name.
    Really? You really came back with that? Wow... I... I'm surprised you have the intelligence to read my name. I bet even G.W.Bush. Jr would have went, "Naw, I have to come up with something better than that. I don't want to sound stupid." Go consult with your team of stuffed animal friends and work on it some more before you come back and post again. I don't want to waste anymore material on you. EpicFail!

Next
    Last edited by Ep!cFa!l; 02-01-2014, 09:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by Ep!cFa!l View Post
    Who's the EpicFail?
    You are. It's clearly on your name.

Leave a comment:

• Nk412
    replied
    There is a huge problem with matching based on br. There is no incentive to become stronger, because you'll just have to fight stronger people. Pretty much all of the fun in the game comes from starting at the bottom of your bracket and working on your power to move up. Sure, single-player progression would be the same, but why get farther into the crypt for more crypt tokens if anything you buy with them will increase your br, making you fight equally stronger people?

Also, on top of that problem, there would still be people stronger than everyone else, as I doubt 30 people with reasonably close br could be found for every battleground instance.

Leave a comment:

• Ep!cFa!l
    replied
    Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    The thread creator's username really reflected on his post.
    And your attack on the messenger and not the message reflects largely on your intelligence. Stop being a politician and make an argument for or against the idea not the messager. Who's the EpicFail?

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    The thread creator's username really reflected on his post.

Leave a comment:

• Ep!cFa!l
    replied
    Originally posted by Atomslaya View Post
    I'm all for changing the honor gained/lost to take into account the br of both parties. I myself am constantly surprised how people with 10-20k (and even 30k+) br more than me manage to have so little honor that they make me lose 200-400 honor when defeating me. It's very frustrating indeed, up to the point that i just don't do bg's anymore unless there is an event quest requiring bg kill (like there is now).
    What % of players in your bg that you kill give you the upper reaches of score? How many players have a chance at touching you in your level? With eough dryden blessins (Which they lost more than likely any gains they have achived towards that next medal, causing them to never get it) just for the chance to put a few points on their empty Honer meter? People that cant even touch 90% of players in bg wont even bother with the 3 kills because it takes them a full game of dieing to get enough blessings for that 1 kill. I only do BG for the insignias, so I act as a parasite, bringing down my team by removing a potentially useful player from helping the team, while only being able to help by NOT stepping foot on the field.

Originally posted by Atomslaya View Post
    However, you shouldn't expect the developers to change something (or in your case a whole lot, since you want them to rethink the br equipment, a sylph, ... gives) just because a minority doesn't agree with how it is now. Especially not without good reason and/or a good alternative, neither of which you have provided so far when it comes to the level brackets.
    As alot of people in this thread alone have stated there are countless threads recomending this change... so I hardly consider myself a minority. However now and than things need to be revamped. This game has made so many changes and the players have come so far that its reached that point once again.

If we didnt adjust how things work with the advance of develoupments, we would still be in the dark ages. Could you picture if we didnt what real life would be like?

Ive invented the car.
    Who cares everyone uses horses. Suppose now you want us to make roads for it, and gas stations, and fuil pumps, automated factories to build them. Screw that sctap your car it will never work.
    Look Ive invented the gun.
    Less work to make a bow and arrow get lost.
    Look I made medicine.
    We already have various spiritualists to pray to god for our healing. We don't need to change anything.

I can go on and on.

Next?

Leave a comment:

• Atomslaya
    replied
    There you go again, to "fix" battlegrounds to work on br you would go about changing about half the rest of the game too. Please just accept the fact that, even though you might not believe it, most people think bg's are fine the way they are, with the level brackets.

I'm all for changing the honor gained/lost to take into account the br of both parties. I myself am constantly surprised how people with 10-20k (and even 30k+) br more than me manage to have so little honor that they make me lose 200-400 honor when defeating me. It's very frustrating indeed, up to the point that i just don't do bg's anymore unless there is an event quest requiring bg kill (like there is now).
    And as I said the guardian npc's are just too ridiculously weak for them to put a stop to anyone with the aim to spawn camp. Even the resource officer isn't safe from the biggest aholes out there. Although one must admit that the feature is called Battlegrounds, not cartville, so maybe the devs really want them to be that easily killed.

However, you shouldn't expect the developers to change something (or in your case a whole lot, since you want them to rethink the br equipment, a sylph, ... gives) just because a minority doesn't agree with how it is now. Especially not without good reason and/or a good alternative, neither of which you have provided so far when it comes to the level brackets.

Leave a comment:

• Ep!cFa!l
    replied
    the example of a non-equipped person vrs a low level equiped person was a matter of extreams. TOTALLY unequipped and geared to the teeth. If the higher level uses some of his equipment IE medals, his BR would be raises even if only by a few K. A non equipped person even if higher level would not be hitting for the huge damage he can equipped fully. So stun would not be near as effective. Its an extream that likely wouldent happen because obviously your going to use atleast your medal otherwise why would the higher person even care what his medal is? I could only see the higher level lower br players whos stats are not the greatest actually doing this.

As stated before though some stuff would need to have BR added to them if they dont have already. Beside why isnt there a BR on everything that improves you anyway. yes some lower level players can kill higher levels. They are usually the higher levels like me who came back afer a few months to see whats changed and are finding out the biggest change they face is they are not as OP'ed as they once were. New content has made them as dangerous as players 15 levels lower.

The main purpose of this post is to help the new players stand a chance and give the none cash players and those lacking the best equipment a fair chance to see that next medal. Most players are leaving to new servers just opening to attempt to stand a chance. New players push yo get the best content they can (Everyone knows how long it takes) and still finding their best service they can proform for their team is to be a parasite. Do not fight do not collect crystals DO NOT leave the base. I felt bad for those players in my OP'ed days and now that everyones 2 times as strong as they were when I left (People were complaining about how no one on our server would get the limited eddition prize of flaming whins for reaching 80k BR when our best was just reaching early to mid 60's) and can cap right in front of the crystal return guy ganking the weak with a 50% speed debuff that just want to get their first set of crystals deposited before time runs out in game. I've seen people beg to do this just last night.

The drop off guy should be INSIDE the base and the guards should respawn perioticly with a progressivly strong buff.

Leave a comment:

• Leighton87
    replied
    I came across a few lvl70 players on my server who my mage should have been able to kill. The level diffrence of 12+ makes a huge diffrence though. If 2 ppl have the same br or at least a similar one and same honor rank ie same medallion and same built of astrals, equipment, gems etc, the one with the way lower level will still loose. The troops through their higher level are stronger and harder to beat (ofc saying u r not fighting a complete moron). That person that is 12 levels above u but with the same BR has 6 more skill points to distribute. Those 6 points are a mayor game changer. U can dish out more damage without haveing to increase ur BR. That higher level person will most likely also have a higher level stun, getting the lvl50 person (whos stun is limited to lvl10 max) stunned for 3 rounds unable to do anything. When u come out of the stun ur troops are most likely dead and u r left alone to fight vs 3. It has happened to me a bunch of times in the amethyst mines. A level 70 who by br was 5k lower then me beat me because he was able to stun me 2 times during the fight and i think u can really see the amethyst mines as an example for ur idea. Here people get just thrown together and the lower level ones will always loose to those with a higher level but similar br because of the reasons above.

I actually think the way that it is now devided by level brackets is a much more fair playing ground then going by br, especially once u enter the lvl50s BGs. Above level 50 it is ur choice to work on ur toon and ur talents (mostly the stun). Pinning a lvl50 against a lvl70 just because their BR is simmilar i find highly unfair because the lvl50 is really really really limited on how much they can work on their talents. Anyone who is complaining about the level bracket should just work more on their toon and stop to hunt the levels. A free player can get the same by playing the no exp way as a paying player in the cross server area who just hunts for exp. The way of pinning people together by BR simply makes the hard work the non paying players put in go away. Everyone wants to get stronger and beat people but if it just happens by being higher level then the other guy who is just as strong as u, u might aswell quit which would actually be a reason for me to quit. I work hard to get a significant advantage over people my level especially on my mage and just get it wasted away by getting pinned up to people who have had more possibilities and thus win simply by that is really frustrating.

the only thing to make people "happy" in this area may be to just make BGs by level AND by BR which brings a lot of issues with it on it's own again. There will always be winners and loosers but trying to be the best at ur level is far more diserable to me then just haveing a high level and beat the (by a lot) lower level ones.

Leave a comment:

• Atomslaya
    replied
    Why do you guys think that a high level would have worse stats than a lower lvl toon when they remove part of their gear?
    Such a huge misconception, their stats would be very similar to a lower lvl one given similar br, but they'd have all the advantages I mentioned.

HS + an OP sylph alone mean that battle has a good chance of being over by the time the lower level is no longer stunned.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X