Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big "Seperate BG by BR or 5 Levels" Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATreeTopper
    replied
    Spawn camping
    My thoughts are these: stinks when your team is being camped (especially when there's an unbalanced BG where somehow all the high levels and or BRs are on the same side.. or it just seems like it), great if you're able to get it when on the hunt for BG kills (event, honor, giggles, whatever floats your boat). You lose a pile of honor if you lose to the spawn "guardians" which for some reading this have as much stopping power as a calm breeze, but if you hide in spawn too long, you're kicked for being AFK.

If you don't wish to lose honor, simply do not go to BG, same as if you want to avoid getting mugged in amethyst mine, avoid the event. Or join after it's begun and try to keep a low profile.

Chat abuse there's not much to be done. Ginger's made some intelligent statements which are worth the read, personally I believe that the keyboard warriors are taking the worst of anonymity and trash talk and cutting loose in whatever game they're in that allows communication, either live chat or messenger service.

100% fool-proof win strategy: cutting edge PC, your own internet service provider (a commercial connection would do) and a few thousand $ USD over a 3 month period while in the top guild. So that way you have the clothes, the mounts and even the spend-during-the-latest-event extravaganza to get those pesky Apollo and Hades sylphs... oh and enough legend treasure maps, crypt keys, skeleton keys, whips, etc.... but even then, usually a bigger or smarter person somewhere who will spank even that.

Leave a comment:

• R24305689
    replied
    #1 Rule R-2 games are CASH Friendly = NO CASH NO Play lol Joking but for rule none casher short term will have a real hard time fighting/keeping up with a casher

just play and have fun

Leave a comment:

• Billy_McF
    replied
    Originally posted by R27474901 View Post
    Wartune is full of campers.. in fact probaly 50% of wartune is campers,, i think dryad buff from dieing should be doubled, or bg sorted within a 15k BR radius, like 20k-34999 br 35k-40k br and so on, it's really not fun at all for new servers having to get 100% dryad to kill a person who sits on the same level for months, even a year +~~ edit: i meant 20% buff per death
    That would be fun for Zebq from the EU servers. He would be in a BG all by his lonesome. His BR is nearly 50k above the next highest BR so how would that work.

As I have said previously, any sort of BR brackets will NOT work due to the fact of the massive differences between the top players BR. If you take 2nd to 16th place it's a 20k BR difference, how do you populate the Battlegrounds for those players??

Leave a comment:

• TWall
    replied
    is this thread about those who camp at certain levels or those who camp at spawn area in BG? i thought it was levels. though, on my timezone servers, its seems like its mostly the same people, as those who level at a non-slow pace don't usually have the power to overpower everyone in BG brackets and by the time they do, they're in the next bracket.

as for making rules, yea, some stuff people do in games can get annoying, so its always interesting when people make rules to police others. kind of reminds me of another game where people made rules against hitting other players more than 5 times. it seems like the devs here try to address some things that are clearly not working as intended, like they did by adding wait periods between attacks in amethyst mine. they've done nothing against spawn camping, though that could be because they think that dryads should address it. though, this could just be an annoyance you eventually just level out of, as i dont really notice it anymore in the high-60/low-70 BGs.

Leave a comment:

• lovetokillyou
    replied
    Silly poeple The ones who make the rules to game are the big time cash peeps that toss in 10k per month

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
    not everyone wants to achieve everything in the game as soon as possible. Those campers could enjoy the bg almost all the time, while the ones who rushed had to endure getting their butt kicked frequently for a period unless they cashed hard. In the lower levels of camping , non cashers are in the same league as cashers, not few times kicking the cashers butt, it might not have sense to you but not everyone wants to compete against everyone, they jsut want to enjoy their level.

Wow ginger you became so profound, why not make a club that encourage others to have respect in places such as bg, and to show the unrespectful ones their place? or revive the old anti camping club which seems...deserted :P
    Sadly, unless R2/7roads/PCity/armourgames/kong etc (whoever the various people who decide upon content within the game are) decide to make a rule about spawn camping and actually enforce it seriously, spawncamping can't and won't be stopped.

Too many people simply do not and would not give a toss, to abide by a non enforceable rule set forth by the general masses.

It'd be like the game trying to encourage people to level up, by giving out free experience to everyone under a certain level, or events with free experience... although there's no actual rule in place about going slow... everything in game points to going fast... you'll always find stubborn people to break the mold... so to speak...

Leave a comment:

• Hot Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by R27474901 View Post
    Wartune is full of campers.. in fact probaly 50% of wartune is campers,, i think dryad buff from dieing should be doubled, or bg sorted within a 15k BR radius, like 20k-34999 br 35k-40k br and so on, it's really not fun at all for new servers having to get 100% dryad to kill a person who sits on the same level for months, even a year +~~ edit: i meant 20% buff per death
    What if I took off my gear and astrals, got my BR down by ~30-40k(entering time/reset time) whatever, and then entered the BG and put my gear back on?

Leave a comment:

• Draggyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
    I laugh at those campers. Have plenty of players on my server who started with me around a year ago.
    I've got lvl. 70 set and now heading for lvl. 80. Most of those campers are still in level 60-69 brackets and barely gathered their 60 set (or running with 50 set).
    I have more BR, better equipment and higher talent level than them. They only got their Lord Divine title 1-2 months earlier.

not everyone wants to achieve everything in the game as soon as possible. Those campers could enjoy the bg almost all the time, while the ones who rushed had to endure getting their butt kicked frequently for a period unless they cashed hard. In the lower levels of camping , non cashers are in the same league as cashers, not few times kicking the cashers butt, it might not have sense to you but not everyone wants to compete against everyone, they jsut want to enjoy their level.

Wow ginger you became so profound, why not make a club that encourage others to have respect in places such as bg, and to show the unrespectful ones their place? or revive the old anti camping club which seems...deserted :P

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by TWall View Post
    i keep doing that too. you can edit it out. just got to go advanced.
    I didn't think to go advanced in my previous editing attempt...

I'll go have a poke around... Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• TWall
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    Edit: I put my captcha in the post title... *sigh* I'm such a doofus.
    i keep doing that too. you can edit it out. just got to go advanced.

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied
    Originally posted by TWall View Post
    i think anonymity can play a role, but i think a much bigger factor is groupthink. most people think their way is the best way, but there is a wide range of levels of respect and open mindedness people have for the ways of others. that is, until you get them in a group of like-minded people. then it seems like the lowest common denominator wins out. you see it all the time, even in this thread. look a the responses the OP got, some are measured and some are oozing arrogance. and it may not even be because the writers are naturally arrogant. there's a bubble of sorts, with a pile on effect, that just escalates people's viewpoints til you end up with people on the extremes. someone could normally be reasonable and open minded, but after listening enough to others with similar views (whether it be friends or significant others), the most extreme, the angriest, the loudest win out. in the end, you just end up with a group overrun by an "us vs them" mentality that ruins relations with those outside the group.
    Indeed that is a good point, I'll concede to that.

*heads off to be loud and shouty somewhere*

Edit: I totally did not put my captcha in the post title... Nor did I edit it out... nope. No way...
    Last edited by GingerTheHutt; 04-15-2014, 10:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TWall
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    A lot of the problem is the anonymous nature of the game. There is no accountability, responsibility or expected repercussions for their actions. So the keyboard warrior in people just let rip, they know that they probably won't be held to account. Part of this is because of ever changing society, variances in up bringing and expectation of the system to look after them no matter what they do.

An offshoot of this is player actions and players making a stand: I like killing one particular stereotype of player. It doesn't take long for most people in my BG's to stop being that stereotype. Although it's fun watching them flee if I join late and there's a pile of them waiting for the next poor sod to come out the spawn area...
    i think anonymity can play a role, but i think a much bigger factor is groupthink. most people think their way is the best way, but there is a wide range of levels of respect and open mindedness people have for the ways of others. that is, until you get them in a group of like-minded people. then it seems like the lowest common denominator wins out. you see it all the time, even in this thread. look a the responses the OP got, some are measured and some are oozing arrogance. and it may not even be because the writers are naturally arrogant. there's a bubble of sorts, with a pile on effect, that just escalates people's viewpoints til you end up with people on the extremes. someone could normally be reasonable and open minded, but after listening enough to others with similar views (whether it be friends or significant others), the most extreme, the angriest, the loudest win out. in the end, you just end up with a group overrun by an "us vs them" mentality that ruins relations with those outside the group.

Leave a comment:

• Alberteiny
    replied
    Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
    I laugh at those campers. Have plenty of players on my server who started with me around a year ago.
    I've got lvl. 70 set and now heading for lvl. 80. Most of those campers are still in level 60-69 brackets and barely gathered their 60 set (or running with 50 set).
    I have more BR, better equipment and higher talent level than them. They only got their Lord Divine title 1-2 months earlier.
    That's also a con in camping. Because they will need to slow level and at the process, the people who were fast levelling will have a higher talent than them, and also have better sets than them, which will give you more better battle rating and execute the camper.

Note- Everything that has an advantage Must also have a disadvantage. Wartune is all about the strategy and the strategy you choose cannot be 100% reliable/efficient.

Leave a comment:

• Caballero1321
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alberteiny
    replied
    BattleGrounds!

The battleground is a cross server pvp event which means everyone in there has to fight for their honor. There are two alternative ways you can choose; carting or killing. And of course, carting does not provide much honor for you each time you give it to the resource recovery officer. You gain honor after each kill. The honor gain also depends on your honor title.

Spawn Camping is not really a big issue. You kill or get killed. When someone has dryad bomb and tries to kill someone higher and gains +200 honor, nothing is wrong with that. The way the game set it up is fine. You also need to foucs on your battle rating and not your level since that's what you're going to use to defend yourself AND your level as a player. But it's your choice to either speed level or slow level.

Camping should also not be a serious issue, because it is part of the game. You are there to either gain or lose honor. No big deal about it. After all, you can also obtain honor from the guild battles, depending on how many minutes your guild is able to defeat another guild.

Since you can't gain much honor due to your high level and low battle rating, it's better you stay off of the battlegrounds or go there and be beaten quietly and also cart. But you won't be doing this when you are a Crusader.

Note- The honor loss depends on the honor titles. If Someone with Elite Crusader kills a Lord Divine, he gains 200 honor and the loser loses -400 honor, which can also depend on your VIP level, since you won't be losing any at VIP 9.
    Last edited by Alberteiny; 04-15-2014, 07:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X