Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

I have question regarding knight skills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have question regarding knight skills

One of my favorite skills for my knight is a passive skill the ability to gain hp when dodging attacks however there is a problem when I dodge aoe attacks I only gain hp once If i dodge a an aoe attack i should get hp for each of the attacks i dodge why dont I? Please fix this would make being a knight a lot better thanks

Yea... Just no. Block isnt meant to be that overpowered...
    Lets say an archer hit you with lunatic! Bam! Block. Now lets say you gain 2k hp per hit. A archer about you in term of BR would make a 7k lunatic however for a knight with huge Pdef, it'd be even less.(in this case)

With your OH SO GREAT idea, that archer would only deal an outcome of 1k dmg. Out of around 40k hp ish in this case.

This idea would seriously make knights TOO hard to kill if they got too much hp.

It's pretty fine already.

No just no. Would be a good description of it. I'm not seeing from any class perspektive, but a general perspective(I hope some knights can think enough to agree with me)
    S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
    Mage: Existence (G.M)
    BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

i disagree smoldering, if u crit a multi shot it crits every hit that turn! so why should block be different? either make it so mage and archers crits only land once or revert back to multiple heals from block

Comment

..multishot is the only thing that does that.

All other skills that land multiple hits like mage aoe when it crit, it only crit with 1 hit. (or it can crit with 2, if the mage is lucky)

Comment

Originally posted by BrixunMortar View Post
          i disagree smoldering, if u crit a multi shot it crits every hit that turn! so why should block be different? either make it so mage and archers crits only land once or revert back to multiple heals from block
          thats kind of a bad example considering part of the multi shot skill give archers 100% crit rate.. And when a crit mage hits me 90% of the time only 1 of the 2 hits is a crit.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedingxorange View Post
            thats kind of a bad example considering part of the multi shot skill give archers 100% crit rate.. And when a crit mage hits me 90% of the time only 1 of the 2 hits is a crit.
            I also get the feeling that the reminding 9% is 0 crits, and 1% of the hittings are double crit on the aoes..

A double critting from crit mage, it doesn't happend often. Really not often.

Comment

Originally posted by Zolkk View Post
              One of my favorite skills for my knight is a passive skill the ability to gain hp when dodging attacks however there is a problem when I dodge aoe attacks I only gain hp once If i dodge a an aoe attack i should get hp for each of the attacks i dodge why dont I? Please fix this would make being a knight a lot better thanks
              Because it already is freakishly effective, block was even nerfed because it was to good, now you want it buffed again.. I understand that you want it because it would make you better, but think of the balance ... The high lvl knights have so much def/hp that we would heal them with aoes/multishot if they block, block is meant to lower the dmg, not heal the knight<.<.... (I mean in total, yes it heals but the dmg dealt should be still more)
              In short: block is fine as it is, leave it be.
              Last edited by krackenker; 06-03-2013, 08:52 AM.

Comment

I disagree I often take double shots from archers and mages even when blocked for 5k with 2k hp gain 1 time resulting in 8k damage still even if got hp on both would only drop damage to 6k would even the playing field a bit I realize there are super knights but there are super archers and mages as well I feel knights are at a disadvantage we cant get rid of status ailments our shield is easily debuffed we cant heal ourselves with 15k plus hp in one move like mages crit is possible with a knight but dose not work well at least not from my experiences and besides it says 100% chance to gain hp upon successively dodging an attack to me an attack is anytime hp is taken and if it is taken 2 or more times and each is dodged then we should get hp for each of those dodges based upon the description lol
                Last edited by Zolkk; 06-03-2013, 11:06 AM. Reason: typeo

Comment

What you are failing to understand is that even if it hits twice it is one skill. The total dmg of the 2 hits equal the total of the skill. This actually is a disadvantage to the mage way more than the knight, why? Because they don't always crit on both hits but the 2 hit seperate are less damage then a regular skill. If you want to test this yourself go use shadow thrasher and look at the dmg of both hits what the 2 hits add up to equal the total dmg of the skill, maxed is 195% both hits are not 195% its cut in half per hit And like mages knight could also miss a crit on one of the two hits

Long story short your singeling out mages but all 3 classes have a skill that hits twice and on all 3 of the skills a knight will only get 1 heal. 1 skill = 1 heal. But also did you notice when you get hit with multishot or rof you always block both hits? While a crit mage can't always crit on both hits. Nothing at all wrong with the way this is setup
                  Last edited by bleedingxorange; 06-03-2013, 01:13 PM.

Comment

yes but mages also have a 3 attack aoe which does way more than shadow thrasher by far mages can bust out with 5 hits 2 once then 3 and then pop their hp up 15k+ as well all im saying is equal stat knight vs mage mage wins if we manage to get you close you can easily regain a large chunk of hp i cant count the times i have almost killed a mage and watch em fill there hp up

Comment

Just for the record I'm a knight not a mage. You still not understanding that those aoes that do 2 hits together equal the total dmg of the skill and all classes have an aoe.

let me give you an example:

Mage hit you with lightening bolt (skill dmg 110%) for 4k dmg you block and heal back 2k hp. Mage hits you with RoF (skill dmg 110%) for 2 hit ea. for 2k dmg making it equal 4k dmg you block and heal 2k hp.

So what you want, is to be able to block/heal both hits from RoF meaning you would take 0 dmg and you think that would be fair? and while yes a mage can heal and it is annoying as a knight there is a pretty good cure for that. Understand that most mages are going to heal near the end, as soon they heal throw a delphic. Mages also have WAY less hp than knights in general. so while yes they can heal you are almost always starting with 5-10k+ hp if you have a similar br to the mage.
                      Last edited by bleedingxorange; 06-03-2013, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Playing a crit-based knight, knights do not have healing skills except for block. I agree that each time damage is dealt hp should be regained. Bloodthirsty strike an archer can heal at will(with rage), and mages at will, why not let knights regain each time damage is done (double and triple hits included)? shield is pointless at higher levels and aside from runes and "chance" astrals, knights have no healing ability. Not to mention blocking % was nerfed. Why not even it out?
                        Fate Server 12
                        I choose my Fate

Comment

Originally posted by MsTeriUs1 View Post
                          Playing a crit-based knight, knights do not have healing skills except for block. I agree that each time damage is dealt hp should be regained. Bloodthirsty strike an archer can heal at will(with rage), and mages at will, why not let knights regain each time damage is done (double and triple hits included)? shield is pointless at higher levels and aside from runes and "chance" astrals, knights have no healing ability. Not to mention blocking % was nerfed. Why not even it out?

because you are blocking the skill, 2 hits = total dmg of skill. that is why you only heal once, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Also, healing mages, or mages with double skill trees generally have the healing spec which relies on high hp and matk to figure the healing capacity. Some mages I know have 75k hp and their heals heal for near 30k hp.

Figure the math on mages that know what they are doing compared to a knight or archer that knows what they are doing. Some mages can push out 13k-14k rof totals in damage and a knight only heals a % of total damage from the initial skill hit. It only heals for 25% of a double hitting skill. The blocking heal accounts for only the first hit of the two or three, not the combined total. Knights are still losing out with the skill because it is not doing the job the skill is intending. If it is a double hit skill, knights should heal 25% of each hit to make up for the loss. Three hits should be a 50% heal /3 .
                            Fate Server 12
                            I choose my Fate

Comment

with that logic, then crit mages should either crit both hits or not at all. currently 90% of the time they only crit one hit. So you would rather have a crit mage able to double crit rof?

Comment

Working...
                              X