Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Advice for mage build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for mage build

Hi all.

Recently I unlocked the second skill tree, I've been thinking about a proper build for both trees.

I've been thinking about something like this...

For battleground and catacombs (PvP)

For WB (PvE with no multiplayer)

ATM these are my stats

(still working on the other legendary ring / jewel / gems)

Note that I'm planning to cap at 59 so anything multiplayer-dungeons related is not accounted.

Is damnation worthy enough for bg? Where should I spend the last point in the second tree? Any comments?
    Last edited by SirAlukah; 06-06-2013, 01:52 AM.

I am not a mage, but knowing how important they are in PVE, on that first tree i would get rid of damnation and switch it to pury then get BL the second is it possible. When running higher lvl mpd's esp. nightmare you will for sure need BL.

Comment

I'd swap out ROF and damnation for puri and BL. You need puri to make tarratons lair and BL helps in all mp maps (you'll also be happy to have it in case you run GoD nm). You can use that skill tree for catacombs too, because when you're on pvp set and not on necropolis, suntoria, restoration and bolt is all you want for catacombs bosses.

For your other skilset I'd try to squeeze in lvl2 or 3 restoration and use that for BG's.

In any case, I wouldn't do anything untill 1.6 is released. Cant tell yet how rune skills will affect gameplay so it would probably better to keep your vouch (skill reset) and see how things are then imho

Comment

Heal tree (pve tree)
        Get lvl 2 BL asap.. (you can get it in 50) 6 points left, use them on getting damnation/bolt to higher lvls.
        PvP tree: you want to get Resto so take 1 point from: meteor, bolt, rof and use them on 3 meteor. Then take 1 point from Delphic and 1 point from thunderer and use them on mdef passive.
        (I dont know what 1.6 will change in gameplay.. but I would try to get DD and purge rune from it, maybe change purge for guardian, but if you dont have an archer that will be nice)

Comment

Oh dear god no!

One of your trees: MAX ALL HEALS! then after that, start working on LB & ROF. This is an absoloute need for higher MPs.

Oh didn't see that last part..

If you're looking for a WB tree, make rof lvl 4, meteor lvl 3. Take the rest into trying to max thunderer, good dmg in wb.

For PvP use the same tree, since you're going to cap on 59, use Aoe,Aoe,sunt resto/thunderer &LB
          S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
          Mage: Existence (G.M)
          BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, though -as a reminder- those builds are not for multiplayer dungeons, I'm planning to cap at 59 so BL and puri would be pointless for me, just WB, crypt (until I hit the limit of talents) and bg. So we could say the build with lvl 3 sunt is the PvP one and the build with max thunderer / LB is the WB one.

So for the PvP tree (first), no damnation?

Comment

Originally posted by SirAlukah View Post
              Thanks for the replies, though -as a reminder- those builds are not for multiplayer dungeons, I'm planning to cap at 59 so BL and puri would be pointless for me, just WB, crypt (until I hit the limit of talents) and bg. So we could say the build with lvl 3 sunt is the PvP one and the build with max thunderer / LB is the WB one.

So for the PvP tree (first), no damnation?
              Unless you are not planning to do any dungeon at all, get MAXED BL... it also pwns in catacomb.

Comment

Originally posted by SirAlukah View Post
                Hi all.

Recently I unlocked the second skill tree, I've been thinking about a proper build for both trees.

I've been thinking about something like this...

For battleground and catacombs (PvP)

For WB (PvE with no multiplayer)

ATM these are my stats

(still working on the other legendary ring / jewel / gems)

Note that I'm planning to cap at 59 so anything multiplayer-dungeons related is not accounted.

Is damnation worthy enough for bg? Where should I spend the last point in the second tree? Any comments?
                heal tree / pvp --> LB 3 , met 3 , get rid of damn , max puri and BL

Comment

One build will focus on Maxing Blessed Light, and then leveling up Rain of Fire..
                  BL is good for MPs and what not, but it also excels in Battlegrounds and Arena..You'll find this out more at later levels but healing up Troops in Battlegrounds helps kill knights/archers, and healing in Arena makes it possible for your party to beat stronger opponents who do not heal.

Other build should focus on Maxing Rain of Fire, Meteor and then leveling up Thunderer. (Should grab Healing Empowerment for the +20% Mdef.)

Damnation is a useless skill. Do not get it. It is weaker than Rain of Fire.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                    One build will focus on Maxing Blessed Light, and then leveling up Rain of Fire..
                    BL is good for MPs and what not, but it also excels in Battlegrounds and Arena..You'll find this out more at later levels but healing up Troops in Battlegrounds helps kill knights/archers, and healing in Arena makes it possible for your party to beat stronger opponents who do not heal.

Other build should focus on Maxing Rain of Fire, Meteor and then leveling up Thunderer. (Should grab Healing Empowerment for the +20% Mdef.)

Damnation is a useless skill. Do not get it. It is weaker than Rain of Fire.
                    ummm he is camping at 59.. thunderer tree is only for wb.. he wont have enough pts for resto and healing empowerment and he/she dont need those in wb

Comment

You must have only 1 skill tree for PVP / WB & 1 complete Skill tree for full catacombs, it means

1 for dmg
                      1 for heal .

You should reset them & do another combination with the suggestions given above.
                      - The Lag Master -
                      S195

Comment

At 59v max rof meteor bolt and thunderer+ resto, heal tree max bl + next skill points in rof...This is the best mage bulid

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Damnation is a waste of time in BGs in my opinion. It can be useful in 3v3 but even then it's damage is low compared to RoF and Meteor. Your proposed BG/Cata spec looks good if you drop Damnation and put those points into LB, RoF and Meteor. If you have a PvE set you could throw those three extra points into Meteor/Puri/BL because BL can be devastating in BGs especially against knights (nothing worse than spending 5 turns trying to chew through troops just to see them full healed) and through the use of double attacks in cata you will easily build enough rage to use it and keep your troops alive twice as long. If you only have PvP set then stick with maxed out damage.

Your WB spec looks perfect to me. Once you get into the 60s you can also add some points in Restoration and Healing Empowerment to make it a very useful PvP spec in conjunction with a PvE set.
                          Patryn
                          Twisted
                          S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                          "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post
                            ummm he is camping at 59.. thunderer tree is only for wb.. he wont have enough pts for resto and healing empowerment and he/she dont need those in wb
                            I still stand by what I said, the +20% Mdef is optional, since the Thunderer build is not the pvp build.. the Healing one is

Comment

Hi again!

I tested the WB build today, works perfectly (increased gold/daru income by like 20~25%)

For the bg / cata build, it seems unanimous, so damnation is out.

This one is based on FarrelBrown

To shine some light about catacombs, my troop levels are 50 atm and I have 9100 magic defense, I usually do catacombs leaving my troops at the front row and myself at the rear, I can clear lvl 100 without using pots, runes or even restoration thanks to my high mdef and to the fact that Suntoria heals me for about the same as what the boss deals to me (the only problem is when suntoria effect is off and skill is in cd) I can also clear it without BL, though I guess it could be useful for those random freezes I experience when I fight the boss (off-topic: has anyone else experienced them?)

What do you think about this build?

Comment

Working...
                              X