Guild Altar Strats and Rules.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Altar Strats and Rules.

We have been doing altar awhile now and I still can't figure it out. It seems at certain points players can die with no loss to the altar but then it switches. I was hoping you can let me know the rules and your guilds strategies

I don't think player death takes hp from the altar. It loses hp when a monster reaches it (like tower defense games).

Comment

That's what everyone in my guild said, then we started a new monster wave and we lost 21 HP in the first 30 seconds and no monster were even halfway, so something is fishy about that

Comment

We had all our low level people in the spawn to keep a buffer, but when they died we lost HP

Comment

I was curious about that as well since I've seen it too. There were also times where people died and no hp was loss so that's why i ruled that out.

Comment

GA is a huge buggy mess, so don't try to understand anything. While the screen will show no mobs near the altar, they're there and will take hp from it. The rewards also suck, unless you're in the top 3, so it's not worth the hassle. Not quite as idioticly bad as the new tank ****, but still stupid.

Comment

you do so lose altar hp when sum 1 dies that's why after u die once u sshold not engage in battle again

Comment

as someone above said, altar is buggy however there are some things that you need to pay attention to in order to stay alive for the entire time. these are just observations and i could be wrong, but our guild has been doing altar pretty much every day and it's rare that we die early and we've made it to lvl13.
                • the more people the more mobs - not a good place for lowbies to hang out as they'll die and cause you to lose
                • when people die, the mob may show up anywhere - sedis especially will jump a significant distance closer to the altar. have someone right next to the player who's dying to avoid that.
                • sometimes mobs spawn later in a round - i've seen additional mobs spawn after it looks like a round is pretty much done. it pays to look around when you think they're all gone.
                • there is a glitch that causes mobs to spawn, disappear, then hit the altar immediately. don't see it regularly but it's happened.
                • the time freeze doesn't always freeze

while altar is a great way to grab additional exp and pick up some extra items, it's expensive and you need to manage it correctly to avoid wasting wealth. we don't use the extras as they're just not worth it. lowbies leave after they reach their level limit for killing mobs and/or they pop in at the end or when we know we're about to lose so they can get rewards. people only attack sedis they can kill unless they're just delaying it until a stronger player is free. it's good to keep a lowbie around just to scout near the altar as sometimes the mobs can slip through unnoticed if it's crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterChi View Post
                  • the more people the more mobs - not a good place for lowbies to hang out as they'll die and cause you to lose
                  • when people die, the mob may show up anywhere - sedis especially will jump a significant distance closer to the altar. have someone right next to the player who's dying to avoid that.
                  • sometimes mobs spawn later in a round - i've seen additional mobs spawn after it looks like a round is pretty much done. it pays to look around when you think they're all gone.
                  • there is a glitch that causes mobs to spawn, disappear, then hit the altar immediately. don't see it regularly but it's happened.
                  • the time freeze doesn't always freeze
                  I'd just like to state that Freeze works perfectly fine. When you lose HP immediately after freezing, it's not because it didn't work, but when a player dies to a mob while they are frozen, they instantly attack the altar, if that makes sense.
                  So to avoid this, unless you can kill the mob, don't attack it while frozen.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                    I'd just like to state that Freeze works perfectly fine. When you lose HP immediately after freezing, it's not because it didn't work, but when a player dies to a mob while they are frozen, they instantly attack the altar, if that makes sense.
                    So to avoid this, unless you can kill the mob, don't attack it while frozen.
                    i meant exactly what i said and it has nothing to do with someone dying. the mobs still move.

Comment

Originally posted by R2222178 View Post
                      GA is a huge buggy mess, so don't try to understand anything. While the screen will show no mobs near the altar, they're there and will take hp from it. The rewards also suck, unless you're in the top 3, so it's not worth the hassle. Not quite as idioticly bad as the new tank ****, but still stupid.
                      Actually its is worth the hassle because every mob you kill gives you xp and every 3 or so give you a reward of some type like shadow crystals, bounty scrolls etc. I get around 25k xp on the first wave mobs and it goes up from there. I usually kill 2-5 mobs per wave depending on difficulty and we get to 8 waves so I probably average around 25 kills which is close to 1 million xp.

Comment

Working...
                      X