Split Up Merged Servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Up Merged Servers

I really enjoyed this game until my server was merged with 2 others recently.
    I waited for a new server to start and played with other new characters which made it fun as we were all equal (sort of).
    But now we have been merged with 2 other servers that have both been going longer than ours.
    In my opinion this is totally unfair.

They then run a competition with rewards being given to the strongest player and strongest guild.
    Well surprise, surprise the rewards are going to go to the strongest of the oldest server and we have no chance of gaining on them.
    This just makes the strongest players stronger and the others weaker.
    We also, no longer have any chance in Guild battle, World Boss, arena duels etc.
    And now many players are leaving to start again on new servers (not wise as a merge will probably happen again) or stopping playing completely.

I wrote a ticket to R2 regarding this and their response was to post in the forum as they would rather hear from the "community" than from 1 individual.

So here is my suggestion:

1) Stop creating new servers and concentrate on the servers you have and have new players join the existing ones.

2) Stop merging servers and allow players to grow with each other, and if new players join they already know that there are older stronger players.

3) Split up all merged servers back to their original ones.

There is already competition between servers with the Arena 3v3, Battlegrounds and cross-server ranking etc , so why join them up.

I know some say that with the mergers, this brings more players and more targets to loot for example and more players to duel against etc.
    But from my observations, yes there are more players to loot but there is also more players looting them so most are on protection, so no change.
    But also there are actually less targets, as after the merge all the inactive players (and the ones that didn't play after the merge) have been left back in the starting area and inaccessible
    Also yes there are more players to duel, but it just means there are more players that you can't beat.

I also know that some may think I'm just complaining due to the fact that I am no longer in the top ten players.
    I'm not, I just think it is unfair to put miss-match servers together and expect them to be the same standard.

So in my opinion, I believe it is a bad move for R2, as I see players leaving which doesn't bring in any money for them.
    Which at the end of the day that is what they want as they don't run without money.

So, please, please, please, please, take my (and many players I've talked to) opinion and listen to us.

Stop merging servers, and put the servers back as they were.
    Last edited by apbert; 06-11-2013, 10:39 AM.

No with the tons of servers they have out merging is needed. If not then the servers be dead and be impossible to get MP runs done and arena groups. Only way this is possible if R2 decides to stop making servers all together and merge half the servers they have now together.

Comment

Originally posted by apbert View Post
      1) Stop creating new servers and concentrate on the servers you have and have new players join the existing ones.
      As long as there are people with ego's that desperately want to feel like boss and be #1 on a server, they'll keep creating new servers. Those people will spend a lot of money, so why would R2 stop that? They're a business.

3) Split up all merged servers back to their original ones.
      Hell no. I am on a merged server, and it was pretty damn dead before the merge. Unmerging them will mean dead servers all over the place, more people quitting. Merges bring servers back to life, create more fun, and yes: competition.

There is already competition between servers with the Arena 3v3, Battlegrounds and cross-server ranking etc , so why join them up.
      Because the servers didn't have enough active players to keep the server going.

I also know that some may think I'm just complaining due to the fact that I am no longer in the top ten players.
      I'm not, I just think it is unfair to put miss-match servers together and expect them to be the same standard.
      It would be unfair if a S2XX got merged with a S<40 or so. Most merges though are of guilds that are relatively the same age, give or take a few weeks.

So, please, please, please, please, take my (and many players I've talked to) opinion and listen to us.

Stop merging servers, and put the servers back as they were.
      Am afraid more people even are in favor of the merges once they realize how utterly dead their server was before the merge. I'd welcome a second merge on my own server, it's getting quite boring there.

Comment

Or at least slow down the amount of new servers. And it would be nice to see some type of "unmergable servers" come , not sure how it would work exactly but yeh. I like the concept of mergers, however I see some poorly matched servers and this is terrible in my opinion. Players should have some idea of what will happen down the track, sure we all know mergers happen, it's the who and when we have no idea about. Now, it's when people on a relatively newer server get merged with old servers that there is serious issues and contempt from players, and quite honestly, rightfully so.
        TOKE on S209 Featherstorm
        Lvl 62 Archer
        'Class Wars Finalist'
        -- GM of â€*FAITHâ€* --
        194/204/209/218

Comment

Our server wasn't dead, but now it's heading that way.
          Where players were competing with each other, they are now giving up as the only way to have a chance is to spend real money
          So our original players are stopping which will leave just the other server on their own again.

So what they could do is give an option for players to move servers like the can move map location
          Then at least they know what they are getting in to.

Comment

Take away Weekly server and take maby monthly
            Character - Taggen
            Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
            Class - Archer
            Battle Rating -2.4M BR
            Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
            Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

Our server wasn't dead, but now it's heading that way.
              Where players were competing with each other, they are now giving up as the only way to have a chance is to spend real money
              So our original players are stopping which will leave just the other server on their own again.

So what they could do is give an option for players to move servers like the can move map location
              Then at least they know what they are getting in to
              and if they did that, all the f2p and low to moderate cashers would leave servers with heavy cashers they could never catch and those heavy cashers would have no one to play with. This would be like punishing people who want to spend money, which like any other business that's the whole point.. making money.

let me add that I am not a heavy casher. but as far as splitting up merges I don't agree. My server was dead before we got merged at least the competition in GB and having more players for mpd's/arena was a good move for me. Unfortunately activity has dropped again on my server and I wont be surprised if we get another merge, which again I am fine with.
              Last edited by bleedingxorange; 06-11-2013, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Heh, spliting sounds like fun, but what if you do when they 'split' the server, it wouldn't go as you want? Ask for a merge again? Or ask to be split again?
                The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

merge all servers 'let's have some fun' if not possible s119 could use a merge
                  EARWAX .. . .... .. ... ...

Comment

they should slow down on new servers not so many every week even one a week is ok but there putting out 2 sum times 3 of the same kind of servers out a week it is making them die with in a couple days witch stinks a bran new server dies with in 3 day now cus another server comes out its killing the game

Comment

i think another few merges are needed beacause 2 guilds from say server 1 with more than a hand full of high levels are battling against each other for top spot and 2 guilds say from server 2 who only have a few high levels in each are battling for 3rd and 4th place as the guilds from server 2 have no chance against any guild from server 1, as this is not important what is important is, its the same guilds in the same competition with each other and no new guild to fight so on that part nothing has changed really also the guilds with the even smaller people have either left or merged so there is only 4 guilds on the server and its going to get boring quick for all 4
                      ''No body wants to play the game,Everybody just wants to win!"

Comment

Working...
                      X