X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crit

Hi all,

I have crit question.

I found some guide on web that sad that for every point of crit you get 0,04% crit. OK.

Right now i have 2114 crit.

Math: 2114 * 0,04 = 84,56 %

Arrow Strike says : "crit rate increase by 20 %"

So if my crit is 84,56 % + 20 % (arrow) = 104,56 %

My question is, and im taking for PVE only, why am i not criting every shot?

Thnx

Well, it would be pretty ridiculous to crit every single time. I imagine there's some scaling method that makes increased crit give less returns so that it can never quite reach 100%. If anyone actually knows though, I'd love to hear too so I know what amount of crit to aim for.
    AyaSnow
    Phoenix
    Server 58

Comment

Originally posted by Smucena View Post
      Hi all,

I have crit question.

I found some guide on web that sad that for every point of crit you get 0,04% crit. OK.

Right now i have 2114 crit.

Math: 2114 * 0,04 = 84,56 %

Arrow Strike says : "crit rate increase by 20 %"

So if my crit is 84,56 % + 20 % (arrow) = 104,56 %

My question is, and im taking for PVE only, why am i not criting every shot?

Thnx
      From my exp...100 crit=2% so you need 4400 crit for crihit with as evry time...
      If you want good crit you need 3.5k+ crit

_________

Crit Mage 80v
      ~135k Br

_________

Comment

nah, lot ppl in my server have more than 4,4k
        but still not all their att crit
        Nubito the Super Noob Mage in The Badlands

Comment

If you're using the formula from over here, it does say that that's an approximation and gives a possible formula. With that formula your crit is a bit lower and the formula looks "about right", but I'm not sure if it's even possible to find out how close it is.

For the lazy:

(1 - 0,9995 ^ 2144) * 100 = 65.78%

(1 - 0,9995 ^ 3000) * 100 = 77.69%
          (1 - 0,9995 ^ 4000) * 100 = 86.47%
          (1 - 0,9995 ^ 5000) * 100 = 91.79%

However, you crit more often against weaker opponents. I tested this by going to the nether forest, used lunatic and got all my rage back (more than a couple of times) - usually I lose a bit, but never get all crits.
          The 20% from arrow strike could be applied somehow differently, for example, multiplicatively - not additively as you did it. Meaning, it's not necessarily 65.78% + 20% = 85.78%, but perhaps one of the:
          (1-(1/0.6578 + 1/0.2)^-1) = 84.66%
          0.6578*1.2 = 78.936%
          0.6578 + 0.2*(1-0.6578) = 72.62%
          or perhaps even as a 20% bonus crit stat for the purpose of that attack (which is actually very likely):
          (1 - 0,9995 ^ 2573) * 100 = 72.38%

As you can see, these vary quite a bit. And in the end, I have no idea which one's right. I just wanted to show that there are other ways of calculating stuff and that the formula is probably not as simple as a linear progression.

Comment

It is based on diminishing marginal returns.

As far as that is concerned, WickedSilk's approximation may be used.

The exact formula is unknown unless 7Roads give it to us. Until then, you can speculate all you want.
            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Guyz remember the -10% crit rate provided by our jewels on level 50 and the passive skills of some chars that have - crit rate as well try to deduct it from your crit rate...

Comment

I think opponent's level and defense affect the crit rate. High defense = Resistant to crit rate i guess + trinket that would make your attack not 100% critical.. Specially for Knight they have high critical resistance.

Comment

Working...
                X