Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[MINIGUIDE] Spire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MINIGUIDE] Spire

It's been told on the forums before, but I decided to make a quick summary and a video.

Trick here is to try take down the last health bar of bosses 3-4-5 (and 7) instantly
    Why? On their last bar they will debuff you; a debuff that will make further progress in the Spire a lot harder. Each off these bosses (3-4-5) will make you take 40% more dmg for the rest of your spire attempt. These buffs stack... meaning you can take 120% bonus dmg if you don't take these last hp bars down instantly... With a +120% dmg taken debuff on you, it is impossible to get to a higher floor.

The 7th boss will also debuff you on his last bar, but this debuff is less important (-25% casting speed). And usually you'll need your dmg buff elsewhere. That's what we did in this video anyways. (If you get lucky on golden gnomes and you get a lot of dmg buffs, ofcourse take down the last bar of the 7th boss aswell if your team is able to generate enough dmg).

That's all I wanted to share.

Hope you enjoy the video a little bit

~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
    Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
    My pathetic youtube channel
    -------------------> Latest video:

Wrong section, but thanks anyway.
    Wartune
    (S251) Level 48.
    Guild = Sanctuary.

Tank Trials guide:

Comment

Originally posted by Grazeh View Post
      Wrong section, but thanks anyway.
      I hesitated for a second but decided to add it in game discussion as this is not a 'beginner' guide

-forums mods are free to move it though-
      ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
      Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
      My pathetic youtube channel
      -------------------> Latest video:

Comment

good job red it will help a few out.

Comment

that archer is a beast!

Comment

Originally posted by Linazz View Post
            The 7th boss will also debuff you on his last bar, but this debuff is less important (-25% casting speed). And usually you'll need your dmg buff elsewhere. That's what we did in this video anyways. (If you get lucky on golden gnomes and you get a lot of dmg buffs, ofcourse take down the last bar of the 7th boss aswell if your team is able to generate enough dmg).
            Never noticed a debuff from 7th boss. Guess I'll have to look a 'lil closer today.
            Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

as far as im aware 7th dose mass aoe dmg on last bar to grp 8 is the one with debuff

Comment

Edit: nvm was just a bug loading it
                Last edited by krackenker; 06-16-2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Red, that debuff from 7th, does it make that much difference later on?

Anygot some good tips for floor 9? We currently kinda stuck on it X:
                  Team is formed by (currently)
                  53k br mage
                  51k br mage
                  57 kr knight
                  Usually a 50kish archer
                  S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
                  Mage: Existence (G.M)
                  BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Please tell the name of the 2 songs you used in the video.
                    Ps. Saw them on the video description

Comment

Originally posted by Smoldering View Post

53k br mage
                      51k br mage
                      57 kr knight
                      Usually a 50kish archer

We past 9 by...
                      Knight and Archer using 200% and using Delphic/EDD. Second turn archer uses scatter (1 turn where Knight can hit freely)
                      Mages keeping them alive, and just holding out until Knight can use EDD again and suicide + revive.

Not an easy stage to beat, majority aren't up to it and I'd think your party would struggle to get past it too. Our knight is 73k BR and insanely strong ^^
                      I'd recommend having as much HP as possible too. Floor 10 uses a 10k Bleed that lasts for 2 turns, casts it every 3-4 turns or so. Along wth an AoE.. Could purge, but I think between two mages using Restoration and BL, should be fine. Just sucks when he hits us mages =(

Comment

My spire team (64k Knight/60k Archer/65k Mage/80k Mage) Make it to stage 11 regularly. We use burn strategy on stages 3,4,5 and 7. Stage 9 our archer uses scatter to keep reflect buff off the boss, BIG mage does DPS with spot heals using Resto, Knight uses +200% damage rune and Delphic while my mage keeps them all alive to the best of his ability. Stage 10 is actually quite a bit easier than 9 because the AoE is only every 4 rounds or so and with our knight up front the only really dangerous damage is from the bleed. A smart group who understands how to save/use healing runes and a healing mage who can keep the bleed victims alive (Puri is NOT necessary for this fight because the bleed only lasts for 2-3 ticks) should do fine on this boss. Stage 11 is just too much damage for us right now. He 1 shots our BIG mage with his main attack.

Disclaimer: Stated BRs are BEFORE using Warriors Call and pots.
                        Patryn
                        Twisted
                        S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                        "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                          We past 9 by...
                          Knight and Archer using 200% and using Delphic/EDD. Second turn archer uses scatter (1 turn where Knight can hit freely)
                          Mages keeping them alive, and just holding out until Knight can use EDD again and suicide + revive.

Not an easy stage to beat, majority aren't up to it and I'd think your party would struggle to get past it too. Our knight is 73k BR and insanely strong ^^
                          I'd recommend having as much HP as possible too. Floor 10 uses a 10k Bleed that lasts for 2 turns, casts it every 3-4 turns or so. Along wth an AoE.. Could purge, but I think between two mages using Restoration and BL, should be fine. Just sucks when he hits us mages =(
                          We'll work on 9th before We go thinking about 10th ;'D

Hmm, i'll do my best to convince the aecher to bring scatter.
                          Isn't always that the 4th one listens :/ since he/she isn't always stable.

We used to be knight+3x mage (pves hurray!) and was the first team in our server to beat all floors
                          But 1 mage seem to be gone
                          S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
                          Mage: Existence (G.M)
                          BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smoldering View Post

53k br mage
                            51k br mage
                            57 kr knight
                            Usually a 50kish archer
                            dunno bout the debuff though. little bit casting reduce doesn't make a big difference. And usually you'll need the dmg buff elsewhere.

9th is a pain need an archer that knows what he's doing. Also it's only to your benefit to time resto, sunt, appolo, bubble on the moment the boss thorns up and archers scatter is on CD. Worked for us when we first struggled at it.
                            Besides from a good team coordination the only other things that will make you score better at the spire is getting lucky on golden gnomes and br ofc.
                            Also, you might want to buff at the end of the 8th boss. Do one skill with the buff on him and you'll have 2 rounds with the dmg buff for the 9th boss. go full dps on those 2 rounds. Afterwards boss uses thorns, archer uses scatter, mage uses bless and sunt if needed

hope this helped a little bit:P

Comment

Originally posted by Erabonknight View Post
                              dunno bout the debuff though. little bit casting reduce doesn't make a big difference. And usually you'll need the dmg buff elsewhere.
                              That casting time debuff is the difference between stage 9 hitting the group with 2 AoEs before BL goes off and only 1. It slows down both healing and DPS HORRIBLY. Thankfully as your group reaches the 60k+ area BEFORE Warriors Call you will be able to stretch those damage runes. My group currently is on the verge of burning stages 3-5 with only 1 round of damage runes (takes 2 currently but we have to SERIOUSLY slow down and sometimes STOP DPS all together until CD is up). We use 1 for stage 7 and will either buy 1 a piece before start or get 1 from treasure thief along the way.
                              Patryn
                              Twisted
                              S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                              "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Working...
                              X