Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Abusing dryad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abusing dryad

First let me get this straight. This is not a whine thread about how BGs are unfair and ****. I like the new BG style right now. I think it is very fair and allows both lowbies and higher lvls be hte bully or be bullied. Overall gives fairness to everyone in the long run. The only thing I hate is the fact people abuse dryad boosts. No matter what BG bracket we have there will always be dryad abusers and I feel that dryad abusing should be against the rules. People should be banned for doing so because that isn't what dryad is meant for. Not to mention it gives the person the false interpetation of strength.

They abuse dryad to get up ranks yet when they reach higher lvls and enter the new BGs they complain and wonder why they lose there rank so fast over and over again. it also makes the person think they don't need to get stronger bc they can just abuse dryad all day long. So my request is either some sort of punishment for people who abuse dryad, some sorta of negative effect for people abusing dryad( I.E. the more they abuse dryad the less honor they get from attacking someone.), or just an readjustment on how dryad works and how much honor one loses.

I don't think dryad should be removed at all though. Dryad is very important in helping lowbies protect themeselves against the bullies in BG. However, like all good things people find ways to exploit it and make it a bad thing. Yes I know 7roads makes these things and not R2 games. However, in another company they put there own rules on spawn camping and that is a bannable offense. I believe since they are allowed to make up new rules. That R2 games should do so as well. Make rules for both spawn camping and dryad abusing. Both things make battlegrounds just plain stupid to be in. One shouldn't be afraid to enter BG to lose 1000s of honor or not get any honor/carts at all bc stuck in the spawn point. BG should be something fun for everyone to enjoy.
    Last edited by 0xykotton; 06-16-2013, 05:47 PM.

It's been suggested multiple times before, in a load of other threads, but there is an easy solution to the dryad abuse.

Make it so that when you have dryads, they only work when you are attacked, not when your doing the attacking.

You can still get dryads built up to protect yourself from higher BR players, but you can't use the dryads to go hunting just to gain some quick easy honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
      It's been suggested multiple times before, in a load of other threads, but there is an easy solution to the dryad abuse.

Make it so that when you have dryads, they only work when you are attacked, not when your doing the attacking.

You can still get dryads built up to protect yourself from higher BR players, but you can't use the dryads to go hunting just to gain some quick easy honor.
      Excellent solution, best I have heard!

Comment

Sounds like a great solution until you have morons bad mouthing people to get them to attack them. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Brutakuz View Post
          Sounds like a great solution until you have morons bad mouthing people to get them to attack them. ^_^
          The morons can't force someone to attack though, someone can badmouth me all they like. If they have big dryads and I know I am going to lose 200+ honor, then I just laugh back at them and ask how much honor they have made .

If someone can goad you into a fight, that you know your going to lose, then there's something wrong with how your playing

Comment

while i agree with you on this completely oxy, the dryad problem isn't one-sided. sure, nothing plsses me off more than someone who keeps attacking me until they get enough dryad to win and cost me all the honor i've built up, but i also get tired of the bully who won't even let me grab a cart before they pounce on me over and over again. i even like the new tiers of bg, giving the bullies a taste of their own medicine, but us guys in between are the ones who are feeling the worst pain.

the "honor" system is anything but, as it promotes bullying and cheap kills. if the developers wanted to make it effective (which would probably reduce their profits), they would take br and lvl into account when rewarding and deducting honor. for example, a lvl 74 with 86k br shouldn't get as much honor from attacking a lvl 68 with a 51k br as if he attacked a lvl 71 with the same br or a lvl 68 with a 68k br. in a reverse scenario, a lvl 56 with a 45k br shouldn't get as much honor from a lvl 60 with a 52k br if the lvl 56 has enough dryads to have a higher br than the lvl 60. beating someone with a higher br should give bonus honor to the winner (maybe level too).

this is a pipe-dream of a suggestion, because the game is designed for the strong to bully the weak and for r2games to profit from the desire to be a bully, but at least it's out here for someone to see.

Comment

*thumbs up*

Comment

Totally agreed! Best solution ever!
                Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

I'd love for dryad to reduce the honor loss by an equal %. So if I die to a 30% dryad I lose 30% less honor (if I'm crusader +), the killer however still gets full honor from the kill. This would allow for people to still stack drayds to get loads of honor and take on the big boys but not ruin a BG to one death (hate going 33-1 and ending up with -20 honor)

Comment

If you are a lower level person looking to get your daily kills the dryad bomb may be the only option to accomplish it. It sucks being on the receiving end of a dryad bomb but it evens the playing field in BG.

Comment

My honour farms be killing me, first i farm hundreds of honour off of them, but then they take a portion of that back! They no should do that! I be stronger, I no should die! Gif me honour back! They only good for being farm, they cattle to me!
                      I summarized your and others text into this. Srsly removimg dryads?? Half of your farms would leave bg .. Dryad to them is their way of getting honour, let them punish you a little for ******* slaughter them in and out^^
                      I also lose honour due to this, bit this is a bad idea. Dryad is fine as it is.

Comment

De best solution dont attends bg so no one whit higher dryad can kill u and take some a bunch of honor u make from slayer more than gream reaper in batteground,r u want to take the only hope from small fry u slaugtered like nothing event after they beg plis leave me alone or let me take cart first to take revenge from the bully monstewr in BG,ok u will say not everyone so cruel to let small fry die without cart,but plis dont forget not everyone small fry stack up dryad in bg so they can kill u
                        IGN : MsKorupsi
                        server : 3
                        level : 69
                        BR : 200k++
                        knights fable

Comment

Originally posted by GamerGirl6 View Post
                          If you are a lower level person looking to get your daily kills the dryad bomb may be the only option to accomplish it. It sucks being on the receiving end of a dryad bomb but it evens the playing field in BG.
                          It doesn't even the playing field though.

You will always get someone who takes off their clothes/removes troops and gets a guildie/friend to kill them 6 or 7 times to build up dryads. Losing only 10 honor for each loss, which equals a 70 honor loss.

Then they go out and "hunt" a higher ranked player to gain 400 honor, who hasn't attacked. How is that fair?

Now if you only activate the dryads when being attacked, then this type of "hunting" will become obsolete. However the lower levels will still be protected as the dryads will kick in if someone attacks them looking for an easy kill.

Comment

I have yet to be in a bg with anyone from my guild and less than 5 times ever with people from my server. If people are able to exploit the Dryad system in this way then so be it. The point of the game is to kill as many people as much as possible as in any way within the limitations of the game. Fair? No. Devious yet effective? Yes.

Dryad is also used by many as a way to simply get one to five kills in the entire 25 min time limit of bg. When you are on the low end of the spectrum in a bg Dryad really is a blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                              My honour farms be killing me, first i farm hundreds of honour off of them, but then they take a portion of that back! They no should do that! I be stronger, I no should die! Gif me honour back! They only good for being farm, they cattle to me!
                              I summarized your and others text into this. Srsly removimg dryads?? Half of your farms would leave bg .. Dryad to them is their way of getting honour, let them punish you a little for ******* slaughter them in and out^^
                              I also lose honour due to this, bit this is a bad idea. Dryad is fine as it is.
                              Please point out where in the hell in my post did I say remove dryad? Please also tell me where in the hell did I say that dryad is a bad thing? I even said dryad is needed to help lowbies out to compete from the bullies bullying them. I merely suggested that it should be adjusted some sorta of way or allow some sort of "punishment" to happen when someone abuses dryad bc that is considered an exploitation. Even though it is legal doesn't make it right. Lastly, please don't assume **** about me. I don't go chase and bully lowbies around all day. In fact the times I get dyrad bomb is merely when im just on my way going to get a cart and a person with dryad sees a knight crusader and decides to attack. So please stop posting if you're going assume dumb things. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X