Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Have mages been made too OP ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have mages been made too OP ?

OK guys im not trying to whine here or anything, i have just one question...
    Why do mages get both heals AND huge AoE damage?? Normally in games there is a seperate class for healing like clerics and one for DD like mage or wizard or whatever... Then why in this game have both abilities been combined into one?? I think this is the main reaosn why mages are just too OP in wartune... they r not only the most OP class but i think they are a step beyond that... they r the gods while archers and knights are slaves...
    Make a different class for healing please... cant combine abilities of two classes into a single class its just too much OP.

Knights have block/tanking power, archers have almost complete dominance in WB. Mages have low health and low defense, and are weak to both of the other classes.
    And just out of curiousity, what class and level are you?
    Character Name: Piman
    Server: Kabam S15
    Class: Mage
    Level: 55 Finally
    Some Awesome Tank War Scores :D

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
      Why do mages get both heals AND huge AoE damage?? Normally in games there is a seperate class for healing like clerics and one for DD like mage or wizard or whatever... Then why in this game have both abilities been combined into one?? I think this is the main reaosn why mages are just too OP in wartune... they r not only the most OP class but i think they are a step beyond that... they r the gods while archers and knights are slaves...
      Make a different class for healing please... cant combine abilities of two classes into a single class its just too much OP.
      100% agree

Comment

Originally posted by kim346 View Post
        Knights have block/tanking power, archers have almost complete dominance in WB. Mages have low health and low defense, and are weak to both of the other classes.
        And just out of curiousity, what class and level are you?
        My friend knight's tanking power does not even come close to mage's huge heals... they can deal HUGE aoe damage(which is unfair in itself as aoe should ALWAYS be less than single target damage) and they can heal 30k HP with just restore... if that is not OP then i dont know what is....
        U talking about archer's dominance in WB?? this game does not have to be centered around WB... there are other important things and in almost every PvP event mages are the most valuable as they have things which should have been divided between two classes..
        Go through the class guide of any other game they have two seperate classes for healing and Aoe

Comment

Mage do have both advantage of do area damage and healing. BUT,

First, we gaining rage is very slow compared to the other class (Knight, especially Archer)
          Second, we can heal. But healing cost not small amount of rage. It cost a lot.
          Third, we don't have any stats bonus effect like for knight when block, gain life or extra life other than healing and mdef boost.

I think all classes have it own good and bad points. Our bad points is how we gaining rage slowly, and low stats bonus. And all mater is how u build your account and how much money you pay (;
          ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
          -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
          ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
          (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

they can deal HUGE aoe damage(which is unfair in itself as aoe should ALWAYS be less than single target damage) and they can heal 30k HP with just restore... if that is not OP then i dont know what is....
            U talking about archer's dominance in WB?? this game does not have to be centered around WB... there are other important things and in almost every PvP event mages are the most valuable as they have things which should have been divided between two classes..
            Go through the class guide of any other game they have two seperate classes for healing and Aoe
            30K Restoration? What level/BR? That's not gonna prove your point that the class in general is OP.
            Also, Mage can only have both Healing and AoE with double skills, or a really high level.
            Character Name: Piman
            Server: Kabam S15
            Class: Mage
            Level: 55 Finally
            Some Awesome Tank War Scores :D

Comment

Originally posted by JohnNguyen View Post
              Mage do have both advantage of do area damage and healing. BUT,

First, we gaining rage is very slow compared to the other class (Knight, especially Archer)
              Second, we can heal. But healing cost not small amount of rage. It cost a lot.
              Third, we don't have any stats bonus effect like for knight when block, gain life or extra life other than healing and mdef boost.

I think all classes have it own good and bad points. Our bad points is how we gaining rage slowly, and low stats bonus. And all mater is how u build your account and how much money you pay (;
              You are right that it depends on how much you pay but considering the paying amounts to be equal(a fair consideration as in cross server events you do get to meet a lot of people of equal strength) mages are the single most valuable class hands down... also u forgot about restore giving -15% dmg reduction buff which is huge..
              Plus if you think about it i think its very fair to say that BL is a "super skill" just like the delphics.. the amount of HP it restores is huge so why does it only have to cost 60 rage?? it should have been 80 rage as in cross server arena and BG and GB if one BL comes through then its like fighting the whols team all over again which is huge. BL is a super skill only its healing and making it 60 rage is very, very unfair..
              Moreover as such great skills(like BL) are so less costly in rage.. the rage generation does not matter much for mages...u guys dont really need the 100 rage super delphics as your rof and meteor is enough.. plus thunderer which is an extremely powerful skill costs just 50 rage...
              Also please note that im talking PvP here as we all know that mages are a MUST in dungeons so no use talking about that... they are the gods and are truly very overpowered coz of having high area damage AND heals..
              Last edited by kattuktk; 06-18-2013, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kim346 View Post
                30K Restoration? What level/BR? That's not gonna prove your point that the class in general is OP.
                Also, Mage can only have both Healing and AoE with double skills, or a really high level.
                Yup im talking about high level.. come and play the level 68 cross server arenas and if there is a mage you are well and truly screwed.... a BL is a pretty much full party heal guarantee(with an extra 10 rage) as it costs just 60 rage where it should have costed 80 or evn 100(just like the delphics)

Comment

[To kattuktk]

Well I think 80 rage for bless is too hard. The rain of fire cost 16 rage, and meteor cost 30 rage. After that mage only gain 8 rage. We defense-less. No suntora, no restoration.

----------------(\_/)
                  -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
                  (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

[To kattuktk]

Well I think 80 rage for bless is too hard. The rain of fire cost 16 rage, and meteor cost 30 rage. After that mage only gain 8 rage. We defense-less. No suntora, no restoration.
                    Yes no suntoria, no restoration is the way it should have been... have a class do just one job and not multiple jobs all at once..... You think 80 rage is too high for BL? tell me the effects of casting one BL is less than that of a knight or archer's delphic?? the rage cost shouls be based on the effect that a skill has.... and BL is the most effective skill in "any" situation without a doubt.. it restores your entire party to almost full health!!
                    You think mages are defense less?? tell me "any" game in which a knights "STEEL" class helmet gives the same PDEF as a mage's "HAT"

Comment

[To kattuktk]

Still way better than what Archer got... (rant time)

Disreguarding Multi-Shot cost 0 once you have 10 Rage + skill.

Lunatic cost 45 Rage
                      Bloodthirsty cost 25 Rage
                      Deep Freeze cost 35 Rage

our main Rage gain is from crits (and we do not crit all the time unless you're a Casher with deck out gear + astral)

Arrow Strike gives 5 base rage, 10 if crit.
                      Multi-shot gives 0 rage, but cost 0 once you have 10 Rage up.

This is usually what happens if you have a starting 30 rage.

Multi-shot - 30 rage, arrow strike (if crit) - 40 rage, arrow strike (if crit) - 50 rage, uses Archer's main AoE, now left with 5 rage.

If none of those AoE crits (if target have high -crit % or you have low crit %, you needs at least 4 Arrow Strike (all crits) before you can do another AoE (that's 4 turns with only Arrow Strike and not using other skills, by these time, if your target is not dead, your dead)
                      Not to mention most people uses Multi-shot if they get 10 rage after using AoE to try and finish off opposing Troops.

Mage on the other hand... can actually decimate opposing's Troops in less than 4 rounds (2 if both AoE crits)
                      Than you can just use Heal and slowly kill off the opposing character.
                      Since if opposing is a Knight and your Troops usually gets hit first, so the Knight will target your Troops instead of you 75% of the times, this gives you a lot of time to deal damage on the Knight (who is usually low in mdef)
                      If opposing is an Archer and doesn't have the Rage to use AoE, you usually can finish them off easily like Knights.

Overall... the most important factor is the Troops, where Mages can kill them faster than the other classes.

Comment

Yes no suntoria, no restoration is the way it should have been... have a class do just one job and not multiple jobs all at once..... You think 80 rage is too high for BL? tell me the effects of casting one BL is less than that of a knight or archer's delphic?? the rage cost shouls be based on the effect that a skill has.... and BL is the most effective skill in "any" situation without a doubt.. it restores your entire party to almost full health!!
                        You think mages are defense less?? tell me "any" game in which a knights "STEEL" class helmet gives the same PDEF as a mage's "HAT"
                        I'm willing to entertain the concept of mages NOT having healing IF their damage output is pretty much doubled or tripled. Archers and Knights are Patk classes and the only bonus mages get is to Mdef. My mage has almost 13k Pdef but is still hit for 6-9k a shot by Ulti (We won't even start with the 35-40k Delphics...oh wait I just did) Do I think BL is slightly low on the rage cost? Yeah it probably is. Do I think having 2/3rds the HP of Archers and knights is cool? Not really but hey I'm a mage. Do I think for one second that my 50 Rage Thunderer compares in any way shape or form to either of a Knights Delphics or Archers Sniper Shot? Absolutely not because I'm not stupid OR a knight who is upset that mages are given the ability to SURVIVE in PvP.

Let's go over your standard mage vs knight fight WITHOUT BL in the 65k+ BR range.
                        Turns 1-4: Mage AoEs knights troops down hopefully in 2 rounds then casts Bolt followed by Thunderer (I'm assuming PvE gear and some leveled clothing btw). Knight uses Slasher/Ulti/WW/Ulti and has troops down to a sliver of health OR one troop gone and 2nd 2 hits away.

Turns 5-8: Mage casts another couple bolts and either Uses Resto to heal his remaining troop OR himself, POSSIBLY drops Suntoria if he is still full HP OR if he is bold he'll cast another Thunderer hoping to get the slow debuff on his opponent. Knight finishes off mages troops and using the 100 rage he has had for the last few rounds (Once again assuming PvE although let's face it knights don't need PvE for quick rage gain) Gets ready to unleash DD or EDD.

Turn 9: Mage is madly starting up a pre-emptive heal on the off chance he survives the incoming attack.......Nope he just got one-shotted.

And in conclusion the reason why my HAT doesn't give the protection your "Steel" class helmet does is in most every other fantasy based game I turn you into a smoldering pile of ash before you get close to me with your sword. Try playing Dungeons and Dragons and see how your Fighter in Half Plate fairs against a wizards Fireball.
                        Patryn
                        Twisted
                        S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                        "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
                          I'm willing to entertain the concept of mages NOT having healing IF their damage output is pretty much doubled or tripled. Archers and Knights are Patk classes and the only bonus mages get is to Mdef. My mage has almost 13k Pdef but is still hit for 6-9k a shot by Ulti (We won't even start with the 35-40k Delphics...oh wait I just did) Do I think BL is slightly low on the rage cost? Yeah it probably is. Do I think having 2/3rds the HP of Archers and knights is cool? Not really but hey I'm a mage. Do I think for one second that my 50 Rage Thunderer compares in any way shape or form to either of a Knights Delphics or Archers Sniper Shot? Absolutely not because I'm not stupid OR a knight who is upset that mages are given the ability to SURVIVE in PvP.

Let's go over your standard mage vs knight fight WITHOUT BL in the 65k+ BR range.
                          Turns 1-4: Mage AoEs knights troops down hopefully in 2 rounds then casts Bolt followed by Thunderer (I'm assuming PvE gear and some leveled clothing btw). Knight uses Slasher/Ulti/WW/Ulti and has troops down to a sliver of health OR one troop gone and 2nd 2 hits away.

Turns 5-8: Mage casts another couple bolts and either Uses Resto to heal his remaining troop OR himself, POSSIBLY drops Suntoria if he is still full HP OR if he is bold he'll cast another Thunderer hoping to get the slow debuff on his opponent. Knight finishes off mages troops and using the 100 rage he has had for the last few rounds (Once again assuming PvE although let's face it knights don't need PvE for quick rage gain) Gets ready to unleash DD or EDD.

Turn 9: Mage is madly starting up a pre-emptive heal on the off chance he survives the incoming attack.......Nope he just got one-shotted.

And in conclusion the reason why my HAT doesn't give the protection your "Steel" class helmet does is in most every other fantasy based game I turn you into a smoldering pile of ash before you get close to me with your sword. Try playing Dungeons and Dragons and see how your Fighter in Half Plate fairs against a wizards Fireball.
                          U talking about BG my friend?? mages are the MOST OP CLASS IN BG NO MATTER WHAT!!
                          I bet you have never played a knight in your entire life dude.. if a knight is taking 4 rounds to kill the mages' troops(they take much longer with 70+ troops) then that knight is TOAST, ABSOLUTELY TOAST! in 4 rounds mages can get knight's HP to atleast 40% or something... u talking about DD? as soon as i select DD mages select restore and they restore a huge chunk of their hp back and gain 15% dmg reduction buff...they can just spam LB after that and when they are close to dying can get a BL in.... restoring their HP again(plus the LB is hurting the knight A LOT) . Lets face it.. with the PvE set mages gain 16 rage every second which is a good rate of generation.....
                          If u had played knight then you would have known that killing 1450 troop count level 70 templars is not a small deal... mages toast both archers and knights while they are like dumbasses trying to clear the troops.
                          In cross server arena.. if theres a PvE mage on the other side then you are completely ******.. they can hit really hard with their AoE's and then with just one BL can restore their team back on again to full health... tell me thats not OP my friend..
                          The mages are not as squishy as they are in most other games.... take everquest's wizard for instance.. he has cloth armor but deals HUGE damage.... cleric has great heals.... but in wartune its like both of these classes combined into one.... i never thought that a mage hat would give the same PDEF as a knights steel helmet... mages r too much OP... just too much OP.

Comment

eheheeh.... Too much argument here. I am out. Good Night yo

----------------(\_/)
                            -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
                            (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

eheheeh.... Too much argument here. I am out. Good Night yo
                              Hehe good night

Comment

Working...
                              X