Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Have mages been made too OP ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
    It's really the only effective way though Billy, it takes too long for knights to clear my troops, that's if they can even kill one of em... let alone 2. Seen 60k BR knights fail, I'm 60k BR mage.
    Though had they used Holy Seal on me, entirely different story.

I don't know why people think the heal makes a difference.

Problem I think is people are so use to easily killing knights (troops) that they think the same strategy works against Templars, and when they do try it against someone stronger and it fails, they think it's the strategies fault and not just the simple fact they were too weak to pull it off
    Why? Cuz even pve set archers with 5k more br then me fails(ap spam) and you get 15k+ atk (and not being 70+) takes 3 turns for a troop, or less.. A good knight have ~2/3 of its hp when troops are down. Archers can be totally different due to that totally random aim, sometimes i win without without getting touched, then I can be almost dead before they aim troops>.<

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
      Why? Cuz even pve set archers with 5k more br then me fails(ap spam) and you get 15k+ atk (and not being 70+) takes 3 turns for a troop, or less.. A good knight have ~2/3 of its hp when troops are down. Archers can be totally different due to that totally random aim, sometimes i win without without getting touched, then I can be almost dead before they aim troops>.<
      Because it takes over 7 turns for a knight to kill both my troops, and that's if he's good. Longer if he's got 15kish attack. 7 turns in which he could of successfully killed me

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
        My friend knight's tanking power does not even come close to mage's huge heals... they can deal HUGE aoe damage(which is unfair in itself as aoe should ALWAYS be less than single target damage) and they can heal 30k HP with just restore... if that is not OP then i dont know what is....
        30k HP restoration? Are you referring to LordYarash/★Azmodeus★? They are the biggest spenders in US West server so there's nothing to complain if they heal that much. I know we are from the same server cause I have seen you in BG before patch. ^_^

Comment

Yes no suntoria, no restoration is the way it should have been... have a class do just one job and not multiple jobs all at once..... You think 80 rage is too high for BL? tell me the effects of casting one BL is less than that of a knight or archer's delphic?? the rage cost shouls be based on the effect that a skill has.... and BL is the most effective skill in "any" situation without a doubt.. it restores your entire party to almost full health!!
          You think mages are defense less?? tell me "any" game in which a knights "STEEL" class helmet gives the same PDEF as a mage's "HAT"

You missed one thing regarding BL. It may cost cheap for you but its CD (1min) sucks! Do you think in a fast game like BG a mage can spam it? Have you ever wondered why the best team in higher MPDs like Moon/DT is 2 mages + 2 archers? A mage w/ PVE set may not have a problem with rage but the casting of mage skills is the main problem. That's why most of the team choose 2 mages to alternately heal the party while unleashing damage to the enemies.

Comment

Im loving the mage vs knights lately in BG after patch with the new rune system lol, almost every knight i face in BG opens with brutality + whirlwind in hopes of clearing my troops lol <_< for us mages it is quite simple to counter this new "tactic" really, it takes 1 blessed and BANG!! panicked knight lol

For knights to win vs a mage of the same BR they must have a way superior holy seal to buy em 2-3 turns, lots of block/mdef and luck lol, because if the mage has defensive skills set (sunto resto and blessed) i think not even that will save the knight unless he's heavy dryaded (hitting troops for 20k with slasher lol).

Comment

Hello everyone,

(a mage here)

I read a few of your posts and thought I'd share my opinion too.
              First of all, I kinda find it ridiculous to talk only about PVP. If you don't view at the whole, its just pointless and sensless. You have to think about archer dominance at wb's, at mage power at pvp and everything else at once. Why? Simple, mages gave up on crit to have a chance in pvp, archers own the wb.. well knights are a bit neutral. My point is, you can't take a class and a part of the game and complain about that only.

Archers own the wb, have dominance at pve multi dungeons considering their firepower. Knights have fairly nice defenses and a lot of health, def skills, without them you can't really do nightmare multi dungeons. Mages mostly heal there, coz that's what they are good for.

Well lets talk now about pvp: Yeah, mages can wipe out troops fairly faster then other classes, however if we can't kill our knight or archer opponent before the 50% buff comes in (so after a minute) then we are most probably screwed. Why? Because an archer or a knight will most probably get rid of our troops by this time too and in most cases they are ready for a 80 rage shot or a 80-100 rage hit and both are deadly full health or not they hit 40k~ dmg (with the 50% dmg taken) if it doesnt kill, the next turn will.
              I really don't feel that mages are sooo much stronger that you had to start a thread to wine about them a bit.

But let me tell you some more facts please: If a mage has sunto+resto+blessed against you, then he won't be able to use thunderer or both meteor and rof, only one of them. For example I prefer not to use blessed and sunto in pvp. I rather take both aoe, thunderer and resto. So I can heal every 22 seconds 16-19k hp and get the 15% dmg reduction for 2 turns. This is only effective in the first minute, after the buff almost sensless.
              Archers have base crit boost on almost all of their skills, and they have their own crit next to these.
              Knights get pdef, health from skill. If they are clever they can be feared just as much as mages. Agoran shield gives absorbtion by their max health, they get the heal on their dodgeing by their max health and they don't even lose a round for it either.

((Was talking about my experiences against same strenght archers and knights))

Please just consider every fact, and get all the information possible, before even starting a thread like this. I could hit my head in the wall because of the archers at wb. I do double hits but because of lag sometimes I fail and lose turn. But even if I do everything just right archers with 5-8k less br do ~0.2% more at wbs with AFK mode (lol) with only voucher buff. But I don't start a thread because of this, since I know that I have some advance in pvp for sacrificing my crit.

And if you let me: one more thing.. if you would separate healing from aoe dmg, you know what would happen? Those who can only heal would massively lose in pvp, because it sucks big time. With all 3 healing skills and without aoe a class stands no chance neither in pvp nor at wb. How many people would start a class what is good only at dungeons and is useless at other events? Ohh please...

Comment

Originally posted by Faklya View Post
                And if you let me: one more thing.. if you would separate healing from aoe dmg, you know what would happen? Those who can only heal would massively lose in pvp, because it sucks big time. With all 3 healing skills and without aoe a class stands no chance neither in pvp nor at wb. How many people would start a class what is good only at dungeons and is useless at other events? Ohh please...
                Rofl, I take Lightning, RoF, Suntoria, Restoration and Blessed light into PVP.
                IMO it's the best set up. Archers and Knights use whirlwind? Big deal, used Blessed Light..
                If an Archer or Knight can't kill troops then they have no chance at attacking us, so I keep my troops alive as long as possible. Even against Mages this is effective, if another mage uses Suntoria, then the troops attacking them will keep them from healing too much.

Not to mention at the 150-200% range, being able to have access to Blessed Light AND Restoration... Lol Yeah, I can heal more than opponent, preventing death =)

Comment

Well we have healing and killer spells bc we .....Rule lmao archers have amazing crit knights have amazing def and hp. Without healing a mage has no chance so thats why they did that . And to help you in mps yur always glad when a awesome mage heals you and kills whole groups right but you hate that they kill you to. So all you need is high mdf and hp

Comment

Yes no suntoria, no restoration is the way it should have been... have a class do just one job and not multiple jobs all at once..... You think 80 rage is too high for BL? tell me the effects of casting one BL is less than that of a knight or archer's delphic?? the rage cost shouls be based on the effect that a skill has.... and BL is the most effective skill in "any" situation without a doubt.. it restores your entire party to almost full health!!
                    You think mages are defense less?? tell me "any" game in which a knights "STEEL" class helmet gives the same PDEF as a mage's "HAT"
                    lol. You so need mages for most like anything 45+ MPDs and spire. SO you want a mage to just heal instead of building rage fr the heal while attacking? Thats like you only get rage from rage runes then yet they dont exist now.
                    Become a mage then since you think they so op >.>
                    ♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓♪♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓♪

Game:Broken Realm
                    IGN: Mary Magdalene
                    Class: Mage
                    LVL: 44
                    BR: 1194
                    Full level 40 epic set

Comment

Oh please, giving Magi any kind of nerf and you'll see Hell Mode, not Nightmare Mode.
                      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                        Rofl, I take Lightning, RoF, Suntoria, Restoration and Blessed light into PVP.
                        IMO it's the best set up. Archers and Knights use whirlwind? Big deal, used Blessed Light..
                        If an Archer or Knight can't kill troops then they have no chance at attacking us, so I keep my troops alive as long as possible. Even against Mages this is effective, if another mage uses Suntoria, then the troops attacking them will keep them from healing too much.

Not to mention at the 150-200% range, being able to have access to Blessed Light AND Restoration... Lol Yeah, I can heal more than opponent, preventing death =)
                        Hello,
                        I don't really understand your reply mate.

If it was against that particular part of my post, it fails because I was talking about separating (massive) aoe skills and healing skills. That means you don't have RoF to use just heals, how far would you go. It sucks.

If you replyed on my whole post, still don't get it, why you are rolling on the floor over it. I wish you could enlighten me if you have time.

Best regards..

Comment

Originally posted by Faklya View Post
                          Hello,
                          I don't really understand your reply mate.

If it was against that particular part of my post, it fails because I was talking about separating (massive) aoe skills and healing skills. That means you don't have RoF to use just heals, how far would you go. It sucks.

If you replyed on my whole post, still don't get it, why you are rolling on the floor over it. I wish you could enlighten me if you have time.

Best regards..
                          its pretty clear what Elusion said. common strategy by higher level toon. basically, surviving is better than damage dealing. with stronger troop the aoe heal is great advantage.
                          Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

All the classes is balanced is no op me non of them.

you can not compire a hard caser me a lesser casher or non casher me a big casher its just there its become op.

The game is build, archer kill mage, mage kill knights, knights kill archer.

But that can allways changes just depends how mutch you spend in the game if you meat one some spend say $50.000 in like 1 month vs you some spend maby say $150 same month.

Who is the bigest op of them.

If non of them spend one singel $ in the game the classes are prettly close balansed . After you can allways see to you charter is become to OP vs all other just spend more that all others do in Europa.

is not class some become op its the people some make them op becouse of the mony. And stop make new threed everyday becouse of some class is op is no class some are op its just depends how mutch him you duel for the moments has spend vs what you have spend. is a P2W game Pay to win
                            Character - Taggen
                            Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
                            Class - Archer
                            Battle Rating -2.4M BR
                            Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
                            Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

I don't get it as why are those who complain mages are OP can't just simply make a mage toon since they think mages are too powerful. Don't give me stupid reason that you find playing mage as boring that's why you are not making a mage toon, because that is a very lame excuse.

Comment

Mages also don't gain rage nearly as fast as the other classes...

Comment

Working...
                                X