No announcement yet.

Have mages been made too OP ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think mages just need a nerf on AOEs really. I mean like the TS stated all other mmos AOEs are meant to be weaker than single targeted. They arn't suppose to be really strong hits. Maybe a 25%-30% nerf to AOE damage would balance everything out. Other than that they seem fine.

Comment

^^ Haha, every class hopes that the other 2 classes be nerfed. This is meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMC View Post
        ^^ Haha, every class hopes that the other 2 classes be nerfed. This is meaningless.
        Mages should get a nerf if you think about it. The other classes are much easier to deal with in a pvp fight. Mages are indeed overpowered mainly bc of strong AOEs and there troops. A small 25-30% nerf to AOE dmg would balance everything out. They still will have there strong heals and troops to protect them. Just there AOEs won't be as strong so other classes would actually have some chance in winning.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
          Mages should get a nerf if you think about it. The other classes are much easier to deal with in a pvp fight. Mages are indeed overpowered mainly bc of strong AOEs and there troops. A small 25-30% nerf to AOE dmg would balance everything out. They still will have there strong heals and troops to protect them. Just there AOEs won't be as strong so other classes would actually have some chance in winning.
          Srsly? try using lvl 2 aoes and see the difference... it is lot bigger then you think^^

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
            I think mages just need a nerf on AOEs really. I mean like the TS stated all other mmos AOEs are meant to be weaker than single targeted. They arn't suppose to be really strong hits. Maybe a 25%-30% nerf to AOE damage would balance everything out. Other than that they seem fine.
            I wouldn't go so far as to say 25-30%. The sheer difference in HP between mages and the other 2 classes would mean that RoF/MD damage nerfs would make it close to impossible for us to kill them before 50% timer which as stated in previous comments means death for the mage. We all have the same troops btw unless you are talking below level 50 with knights and angels because Warlocks are absolutely worthless as troops. If you are really concerned with how quickly mages can kill troops then how about an increase in Templars Mdef? Making it more on line with Their Pdef would mean it would take longer for them to die putting us in pretty much the same boat as knights. THEN we can watch as the forums are flooded with mages complaining about how knights are OP because they one-shot equal BR mages at full health once 50% timer starts.
            Patryn
            Twisted
            S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
            "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

I have 33k BR mage lv 49, everytime i see some 27-28k BR archers in BG, they scare the **** out of me.
              Nerfed ? Seriously ? Those archers with their critical almost dominate in WB, and the amount of gold they gain extremely fast, so they could max guild skil very quick , extra money for astrals also, and remember almost everthing in this game running around gold. Again, seriously ?

Comment

Mage's rule and Archer's drool while Knight's just like to play the fool :P
                OH PLUMS

Comment

we do gain rage pretty slow but we have 3 "skills" that cut rage cost pretty often casignator the bounus for 2 of the same trinckets and that talent with LB i forget the name. idk about u guys but those proc for me at least 2 times a fight :P

Comment

Improve mdef and hp in all ways is the only way here...

Game made the mage so, no matter how frustrated we can be, its not gonna change overnight

Little things you can do besides the mdef astral and mdef gems, pump your character's intellect skill, pump your mount's intellect skill, dont just leave them at lvl 1 (or 0) bec every point counts here
                    S144
                    Guild: 'Nightmare
                    Level 80 Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Linheli View Post
                      I have 33k BR mage lv 49, everytime i see some 27-28k BR archers in BG, they scare the **** out of me.
                      This happens to me too, especially the ones with badass PATK and crits, combined with high hp and decent mdef, not to mention they have clothing that they can cast AOE first thing in the fight. You'll never know if they will double attack you, so you must be really careful with them. So when I get to fight an archer, I make sure it won't last til the 50% attack boost, because I will be dead for sure. I currently have decent pdef and have been improving my hp, so I can survive even a close fight with them. By the way, I am 31k br level 42 mage and I avoid archers with same br you mentioned that has 8.5k - 9k patk, I saw 2 archers like this in bg so they are a threat for me lol.

Comment

that's just silly thinking 80 cost for BL - you obviously don't run many high level NM dungeons or you just like your party to die a lot. There has to be some sort of balance and every class has their own bonuses. Mages have weaknesses as well you just have to know how to exploit them... and I'm not about to tell you! lol If you hate it so much tho go make a mage and join the "OP" class and have fun or just complain more about why you lose to a different class then... good luck =P

Comment

wow this is so funny. everyone is complaining that the two classes with low end Mdef have and issue dealing with a class with high end Matk.

lets look at this from a perspective were money is taken out of it:

DEF:

the knights have the highest Pdef in the game but the lowest Mdef (raise you int guild skill, raise your mounts int skill, and get mdef gems to fix that problem)

the archer has an average def between the two but still raises Str on lvl up so will have a higher Pdef then Mdef(again same solution as the knight)

the mage uses int so it has a high Mdef and a very low Pdef(needs Pdef gems, Str guild skill, and str in mount to make up for it)

ATK:

the knights use Patk but have the option to use crit or will destroyer to amplify their damage

the archers use Patk and have to use crit to amplify their damage

the mages use (Matk) and can use Crit and will destroyer to amplify their damage
                          (funny, this section makes the knight not sound "worthless")

RAGE:

the knight will build 10 rage every action they take including the use of runes(great for longer fights)

the archer will build 5 rage for every crit they hit with(so situational)

the mage will build 2 rage every time they hit a target(as targets die mages lose rage/aren't you glad you raised you units mdef in academy)
                          (yep hope them fights don't last to long mages)

Added Damage reduction

the knight can use Goddess blessing 3%-30%, Tenacity 7%, Apollo's shield for an added 20%(only costs 45 rage BTW), Iron will 6%, and last Deliverance for an added 5% if you use the talent

archers have Goddess blessing 3%-30%, Stealth 5%, and that's it

mages have Goddess blessing 3%-30% Barrier 5%, restoration 10% at lvl 3
                          (holy ****! Do knights give none about damage?)

Skills

knights, archers, and mages all have 5 skill slots, chose wisely!

to say that the mage that runs restoration or blessed light is overpowered is simply incompetent. Any mage that runs a heal skill will have to give up one of the slots for an offensive skill. and that heal skill will still take the same time to cast. (checks and balances) and if your worried about how many time a skill hits then you should (as a knight) look at shadow thrasher as it can hit 3 times for one skill (cost 35 rage minus the knights passive 10 and the '0s set effect to make 10 rage means the final cost to cast shadow thrasher is only 15 rage) or as an archer Multi-shot which hits twice(cost 10 rage minus archer passive 5 per crit minus the '0s set to make 10 rage meaning the final cost is -10 rage)

you can all say that the mage is "OP" but the truth is that you only looked at the ones you lost to and forgot about the ones you killed!

Comment

Originally posted by rightorwrong View Post
                            wow this is so funny. everyone is complaining that the two classes with low end Mdef have and issue dealing with a class with high end Matk.

lets look at this from a perspective were money is taken out of it:

DEF:

the knights have the highest Pdef in the game but the lowest Mdef (raise you int guild skill, raise your mounts int skill, and get mdef gems to fix that problem)

the archer has an average def between the two but still raises Str on lvl up so will have a higher Pdef then Mdef(again same solution as the knight)

the mage uses int so it has a high Mdef and a very low Pdef(needs Pdef gems, Str guild skill, and str in mount to make up for it)

ATK:

the knights use Patk but have the option to use crit or will destroyer to amplify their damage

the archers use Patk and have to use crit to amplify their damage

the mages use (Matk) and can use Crit and will destroyer to amplify their damage
                            (funny, this section makes the knight not sound "worthless")

RAGE:

the knight will build 10 rage every action they take including the use of runes(great for longer fights)

the archer will build 5 rage for every crit they hit with(so situational)

the mage will build 2 rage every time they hit a target(as targets die mages lose rage/aren't you glad you raised you units mdef in academy)
                            (yep hope them fights don't last to long mages)

Added Damage reduction

the knight can use Goddess blessing 3%-30%, Tenacity 7%, Apollo's shield for an added 20%(only costs 45 rage BTW), Iron will 6%, and last Deliverance for an added 5% if you use the talent

archers have Goddess blessing 3%-30%, Stealth 5%, and that's it

mages have Goddess blessing 3%-30% Barrier 5%, restoration 10% at lvl 3
                            (holy ****! Do knights give none about damage?)

Skills

knights, archers, and mages all have 5 skill slots, chose wisely!

to say that the mage that runs restoration or blessed light is overpowered is simply incompetent. Any mage that runs a heal skill will have to give up one of the slots for an offensive skill. and that heal skill will still take the same time to cast. (checks and balances) and if your worried about how many time a skill hits then you should (as a knight) look at shadow thrasher as it can hit 3 times for one skill (cost 35 rage minus the knights passive 10 and the '0s set effect to make 10 rage means the final cost to cast shadow thrasher is only 15 rage) or as an archer Multi-shot which hits twice(cost 10 rage minus archer passive 5 per crit minus the '0s set to make 10 rage meaning the final cost is -10 rage)

you can all say that the mage is "OP" but the truth is that you only looked at the ones you lost to and forgot about the ones you killed!
                            First off: NEVER EVER RECOMMEND SOMEONE TO LEARN INT for knight/archer or STR for mage, A 99% WASTE. Unlike guild skills there are no limits on it, so learning them is a 99% waste.. fine you could learn the first few lvls,.... but beyond 5-10 is being a waste.. unless you got like lvl 3+ stable^^.
                            @ Rage gain: true... but you present it weird<.<
                            @ dmg reduction, first off: 15% at lvl 3 resto and dont add it in as it occasional, besides archers have incidary shot which is like appollos shield except it lasts short but has 30% reduction in opponents dmg.
                            (also what talent is deliverance? I forgot, far as I know iron will is the % reduce talent, isnt it?)
                            Also to get all reductions for knights you have to give up some useful pvp points in the delphic tree. Unless its a high lvl knight,,, very high lvl.
                            @ Skills, yes ppl forget that we give up dmg for heals, but in terms of effective output it triumphs using dd skills
                            Also how many times a skill hit is not having any effect (except for lunatic and DDS) because in the end it is just splitting the dmg from a single hit in smaller parts ... For mage/archer it is to balance rage gains. For knights it doesn't have much of a use (unless crit knight, which is fail .. unless you got crit at the amount of the top archers^^.. and so easly counterable by GA)

Comment

never recommend an archer or knight to build INT guild skill. 400 Mdef or never build Int on your mount. You get +20 Matk (worthless to knights and archers) and +5 Mdef (what everyone does not have enough of but wants more of). I never said they had to but if you really needed it, it is an option.

As far as the damage reduction part the knight has to give up one thing to do the other kind of like the mage has to give up points in offence tree to get "heal" tree working (well unless they are super high level >.>)

last deliverance is a 5% damage reduction trigger off of shadow thrasher. (not sure how damage reductions stack. additively or multiplicity)

Comment

Working...
                              X