[Need tip]. Skills pick for PVE Mage.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Need tip]. Skills pick for PVE Mage.

Hello all mages players. So hmm... I just completed my PVE a while ago. Wondering which skills best for PVE Mage.

And plz if u could. Show me best where to spend my talents on. Ths!
    Last edited by JohnNguyen; 06-19-2013, 02:54 PM.
    ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
    -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
    ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
    (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

For talents, keep seal maxed and survival & barrier good.

For heal tree, well, max all heal skills.

Then take max rof & maxed meteor + healing tree.
    This works terrific vs. knights & archers in bg. Take nolt,aoe,aoe,resto,BL

When troop low, BL and back to full

For other tree (IF YOU HAVE) just take maxed AoEs + Thunderer maxed (great in wb and many other places) and you can take maxed resto+ def skill, and work on lvl 3 sunt
    S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
    Mage: Existence (G.M)
    BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Redemption on talent won;t hur to.
      Less cd on bless so you can use it faster... help a lot when it's time agains another mage that last more than 3 min --
      S24 - Reaper's Illusion
      IGN - Vein

Comment

Originally posted by Smoldering View Post
        For talents, keep seal maxed and survival & barrier good.

For heal tree, well, max all heal skills.

Then take max rof & maxed meteor + healing tree.
        This works terrific vs. knights & archers in bg. Take nolt,aoe,aoe,resto,BL

When troop low, BL and back to full

For other tree (IF YOU HAVE) just take maxed AoEs + Thunderer maxed (great in wb and many other places) and you can take maxed resto+ def skill, and work on lvl 3 sunt

I do have double skills. And, I was trying to thinking of this skills: [Lightning, r.o.f, damn, thunderer, restore] Would that be work well?

----------------(\_/)
        -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
        (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

Originally posted by Ruise View Post
          Redemption on talent won;t hur to.
          Less cd on bless so you can use it faster... help a lot when it's time agains another mage that last more than 3 min --
          What level of Redemption are u recommend?

Right now I have Survival Lvl 1, Momentum Lvl 2, Barrier Lvl 1, and Focus Lvl 1.

----------------(\_/)
          -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
          (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

hum...
            for me, personal opinion, I prefer it as high as I can. My bless cd oly 51sec (lvl 3) now will be 49sec (lvl 4) in few days.

Comment

damnation is a waste of a turn and points

Comment

Focus talent is no more needed as you can build rage faster with your PVE set, you have already the rings rage reduction and the passive skill for that purpose, in top of that it is said -50% rage consumption while in reality it's only -30% ~ -33%.

Comment

damnation is good and cheap, works great for a healing mage to add to their teams damage without suffering from rage. Im thinking about re-speccing to damnation on my heal set actually. for attack mage, stick to the upper levels of course, but dont forget lvl 3 restore and lvl 2 healing empowerment for the extra mdef. thunderer is great, delphic hell thunder I really only use at gvg, if im attacking that is. Otherwise, I stick to heals and cheap damage, ie rof and meteor. Damnation can be key to winning against mages that are about the same as you, it adds extra damage, helps win fights earlier. with pve set, thunderer is awesome, especially in mp's with one archer only. You can be the extra deep freeze sometimes, giving the archer breathing room while his df is on cooldown. I mean 2 or 3 lightnings and your hitting again with thunderer, it is nice. As for talents, I haven't a clue as I am Holy Seal lvl 38 and climbing. I did have survival, but I found me and my team survive more if I have LESS cooldown time on my restore and i spam it all I can, its cheap enough. I was thinking redemption and barrier, but really, I find talents useless, but considering class wars, not sure what to do. If I lower my HS, I win less at arena and need my insig for shards to finish making my 60 legend. So, its a tough call.

Comment

Heal tree:
                    Max all heal skills obviously....
                    Choose between rof/damnation, max bolt before taking any of them. IMO rof is better, you can spam it without any rage cost and in most dungeons you go with: bolt-aoe-sunt-resto-bl, and rof is 100% the best skill for that... all round skill for good cost. (meteor works good, but to costy to be used on bosses and damn is not very useful except for on bosses)
                    Pvp tree:
                    option 1: B-Rof-Meteor-Resto-Thunderer (invidual differences: change meteor with damn and resto with sunt) Good for honour farming fast kills, clear troops in 2 aoes and then finish off with a thunderer+ a bolt or two.
                    opt 2: B-Rof-sunt-resto-thunderer (good for high lvl close fights, although opt3 is better against knight/archers... this 1 is great for mage vs mage)
                    opt 3: B-Rof-Meteor-resto-BL IMO the best fighting spec, all around good, similar to opt1, but is better against strong archer/knights... BL after an aoe and every1 will hate you
                    High lvl tree: B-Rof-resto-thunderer-BL (i dont have enough points to test it effectively, meaning i dont have all qte gains yet, I rly want to test it.. seems so good when you think of it... although kinda rage costy:/)

Damn is not good for a pve mage, not effective enough with the rage gain.

Talents: Max barrier, added with a GBessing helps alot Survival 1.. Good against knight/archers where you probably dont last long enough to spam restos and the extra dmg you can do is needed... against other mages I believe no survival is better.
                    Redemtion: Max... high lvl dungeons loves BL spam
                    Momentum: I want to try it, but maxing my HS atm.. I wonder if that 1% hp kicks in like focus does.. if so it is worth trying.. otherwise ... you dont really use meteor much enough:/ better off using thunderers instead. (if you use meteor as a DD skill, take it)

There is a talent I wish to try later, the DTH one... if that shield kicks in without using DHT, then I want it... any info if it kicks in after DHT is used, or before like focus? Info on this would be lovely, thx.

Comment

Krack;
                      About momentum. Yeah, sometimes that 1% works... but not really helping remembering only 1%. 3%, a bit usefull =w=
                      But... having it max won;t hurt... I love to spam rof and meteor simultaneously (a word?) and barely using bolt when starting with 80+ rage. Haha.
                      S24 - Reaper's Illusion
                      IGN - Vein

Comment

I currently have momentum lvl1 (Lvl 60 Mage) when it does go off it heals me for a grand total of ~400 hp

Comment

Working...
                        X