How was your Class Wars experience?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was your Class Wars experience?

Just what the title suggests. Go ahead and list your stats and placing if you want and say how you feel about the event after this first round.

Server: 130 Dragonmar (EDT)
    Name: Patryn
    Class: Mage
    Level: 70
    BR: 67k
    W/L: 11-4
    Ranking: 64th in Preliminaries

I really loved the event. About 4 of my 15 matches were against people that I far outmatched but the rest were very good battles (Level 70-76 opponents) and almost ALL of those went the full 2 minutes 30 seconds. After my first 2 losses I got the hang of healing up right before the time limit expired and stole quite a few victories from my opponents. Since I made it to the Finals I spent my 686 crystals on 3 mount spirits some training whips and shadow crystals. I'm really hoping I hit the jackpot on my wager but even if I don't I should be about 23 weeks closer to IceFang mount than I was yesterday.
    Patryn
    Twisted
    S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
    "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

S: 166
    N: Magics
    C: Mage
    lvl: 64
    BR: 52k(base)
    W/L: 12/3
    P:3490
    Crystals: 698
    Loved it, for once something where brain matters! I was outmatched in over half of my matches, but managed to win by playing smart. The other was mostly against so heavy monsters I almost died before halfway through 50%. A large portion of luck is also involved it in.
    @farrel ... how did you get higher rank then me with less points<.<? and 2 of my losses was in early so most of wins got high points aswell x_X

Comment

Different time zones

Mages all going to time is extremely unfair to any betting mage, by the way. When archers and knights are going to be able to intelligently pick top 3 for betting, mages don't get to do that. With so much luck and timing involved, it could very easily change drastically every single time.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaaqen View Post
        Different time zones

Mages all going to time is extremely unfair to any betting mage, by the way. When archers and knights are going to be able to intelligently pick top 3 for betting, mages don't get to do that. With so much luck and timing involved, it could very easily change drastically every single time.
        Unless the top 3 in my timezone fight each other multiple times I don't see it being an issue. They are really so far out of everyone's league that a 15-0 streak is all but guaranteed for each of them. We'll just have to see though.

@krackenker: Unless you are on Eastern timezone server we were not in the same Class War. Congrats on the wins tho. It felt so good beating higher BR/level mages through strategy and good timing.
        Last edited by FarrelBrown; 06-21-2013, 12:27 AM.
        Patryn
        Twisted
        S130 Dragonmar

Comment

I liked it atleast

Placed 16th among mages at 12/3, against tomato and the like

Comment

The top 3 in East Coast aren't so crazy high above everyone that they couldn't get unlucky. I'm just trying to warn people who plan on betting. I 'beat' Gwen who has literally 20k BR on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaaqen View Post
              The top 3 in East Coast aren't so crazy high above everyone that they couldn't get unlucky. I'm just trying to warn people who plan on betting. I 'beat' Gwen who has literally 20k BR on me.
              I think that with everyone realizing now what the deal is with mage fights that the finals will see people changing what skills they have on their board and the powerhouses paying a LOT more attention to the clock and when they need to throw up that last second Resto to top themselves off. I fought Serendipity twice (She's almost exactly 10k above me in BR) and was probably about 3% lower on HP than her at the end of the fight. I definitely understand the luck factor but by the 8th fight or so I was able to reliably time my heals CDs so I could Resto or BL right before timer. Also the use of Purge rune to stop a late fight Suntoria is pretty much essential. More than likely there were a few fights where high BR players simply figured they had it in the bag and didn't need to heal. I doubt that will be the case in finals.
              Patryn
              Twisted
              S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
                Unless the top 3 in my timezone fight each other multiple times I don't see it being an issue. They are really so far out of everyone's league that a 15-0 streak is all but guaranteed for each of them. We'll just have to see though.

@krackenker: Unless you are on Eastern timezone server we were not in the same Class War. Congrats on the wins tho. It felt so good beating higher BR/level mages through strategy and good timing.
                Completely forgot about timezones xD, thx and grats on your wins too, gl in the finals!. Yep... ppl wasting their skills so you can heal up and smack out your own at start of 100% and heal just before it ends works very well

Comment

Server: Kabam S5
                  Name: Elusion
                  BR: 60k
                  W/L: 10-5
                  Ranking: 29th
                  Crystals: 666

Lost too many due to timer. Others I got destroyed by some top mages.

Besides the timer and it ending battles short, it was fun. Spent all my Crystals on Small Runestones =)

Comment

The event was definitely fun. I was extremely unlucky in matching. 68k BR knight and could not qualify bcs of it, when 47 - 59k br knights qualify.

Comment

Complete **** cuz you can't collect glory.

Comment

S:166
                        Name: Rewind
                        BR: potted I was at 56k (I had removed as much Pdef gems I could and had blocks)
                        W/L: 10/5 (3 times I got matched against the top 10 -.-' lucky me )
                        Ranking: Outside of top 100
                        S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
                        Mage: Existence (G.M)
                        BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Server: 101 (US East)
                          Name: Brutakuz
                          Class: Knight
                          BR: 67k
                          W/L: 13-2
                          Ranking: 2nd in Preliminaries

I beat 3 knights in the top 10 BR but I still don't know how I ended up ranked #2. My BR is terrible compared to other powerhouse knights but I still found ways to win. Looking forward to the finals and I hope everyone the best of luck with their fights and wagers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ClassWarsMsg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1670531

Comment

My lvl 52,lvl my enemy minimally 56-66
                            I do not see why I can not fight with similar levels as I
                            Level 60 + in addition with a totally donate Empower me totally cut to s h i t
                            In addition, the wait is unreasonably long
                            I definitely less !!!
                            Last edited by R211589691; 06-21-2013, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoldering View Post
                              S:166
                              Name: Rewind
                              BR: potted I was at 56k (I had removed as much Pdef gems I could and had blocks)
                              W/L: 10/5 (3 times I got matched against the top 10 -.-' lucky me )
                              Ranking: Outside of top 100
                              Lol i replace my Pdef gems with +Charisma,Ended up with over 2k troop count, and troops had almost 70k HP. Took at least 4 turns for any mage to kill em. Didn't work as I had hoped because of the timer, so I'm going to have to find another useful gem. Maybe I'll have to go crit and wait til 100% buff comes in, use Damnation/Thunderer to deal massive damage at the 100% time.

Comment

Working...
                              X