Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Class Wars Wager Exploiting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Class Wars Wager Exploiting?

    So I was thinking after the class wars last night, what would prevent some form of exploiting on wagers? For instance, what if all the top players from each class come together and make an agreement on who to come in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd all the time and make wagers based on that agreement. Glory points would be won in the 100s of thousands.

    Or am I just over thinking this and this actually doesn't make any sense.

  • #2
    it makes sense ye but they dont win 100k . its all winners divided on the prizepool.
    BAN-KAI

    Joined 14/01/2013

    Comment


    • #3
      Think about it, it would need a lot of players help. There are 100 people in each class and they will not all fight the top 3, 4, 5 or even 10 in their class.

      So if they came to an agreement with the top 5 players even, what is to stop the 10 or 11th ranked person (who misses the top5 in fights) from winning the war and ending up top?

      Comment


      • #4
        Impossible to rig.
        #1 should win 100% of battles and end up first.
        #2 has a chance to lose to #1

        and so on, they can end up fighting each other..
        While #10 can also win 100% of his fights, so, if they agreed that #2 would be #2 in list, but #2 fought #1 once and lost, then by rights, #10 would be placed as #2

        Comment


        • #5
          ^True havent thought about that .

          Comment


          • #6
            totally true... this system can be exploited
            but tbh, I don't think that will happen... come'on ... give up evil unicorn for what? glory as much as you have balen? dunno bout the top guys but for me... evil unicorn all the way, even though it's temporary
            Last edited by Linazz; 06-21-2013, 09:16 AM. Reason: typo
            ~ Redoga ~

            My very own detailed mage guide
            Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
            My pathetic youtube channel
            -------------------> Latest video:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Linazz View Post
              totally true... this system can be exploited
              but tbh, I don't think that will happen... come'on ... give up evil unicorn for what? glory as much as you have balen? dunno bout the top guys but for me... evil unicorn all the way, even though it's temporary
              haha for u redoga its BEND OVER ur *** and let the golden wings guys take it cause they sure will at finals xD
              BAN-KAI

              Joined 14/01/2013

              Comment


              • #8
                Rewards for wagers range from 1.5x to 20x the balens invested if you guess right. This probably means the more people wager on the same thing the less crystals they get. So even if they predicted every possible fight combination and arranged the rankings perfectly, if too many people know about the ranking they are going to wager that way which will in turn make everyone involved get about 1.5x of the investment in glory crystals. Which isn't that much more than 1x which you get for losing the wager.
                So I'd say that, while this is theoretically possible, it's neither particularly rewarding nor simple to do.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Linazz View Post
                  totally true... this system can be exploited
                  but tbh, I don't think that will happen... come'on ... give up evil unicorn for what? glory as much as you have balen? dunno bout the top guys but for me... evil unicorn all the way, even though it's temporary
                  Yeah imagine the top 10 can take an aeroplane and meet in some neutral place like switzerland and go to an internet cafe and rig the whole thing.
                  62996
                  Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                  Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                  Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                  One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                  In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                  One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                  One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                  In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It's definitely possible. But it'll be more worth it to win the class wars than wagering.
                    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                    [No longer logging in]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well, I said it can be exploited before, but I didn't say they will do it.

                      Unless the Tops are all "friends" with bunch of Wagers.

                      Than they probably won't exploit it. (simply because the Tops don't even need to wager because they don't even really need the crystals due to already being Cashers and have those mounts, LOL)
                      They probably will just buy Small Runestones and get level 10 Chaos or Amnesia Runes (who says they're hard to get now for Tops? LOL...)

                      50 Small Runestone = 500 crystals = 2000 EXP
                      So if Final 3 have 4000~ 5000 by default

                      That means 16000 EXP ~ 20000 EXP

                      And adding in the points they get from Prelim, which is around 4000~5000 or something points needed if you win all rounds.
                      20% of that is 800 ~ 1000 crystals

                      That's 4000 ~ 5000 EXP

                      making it 20,000 ~ 25,000 EXP WITHOUT wagering

                      Say if they actually placed 5000, that's another 5000 Crystals

                      That's another 20000 EXP

                      Giving it a total of 40,000 EXP ~ 45,000 EXP possible

                      If they actually wins the wager and get really lucky to get x20, that's 100,000 crystals

                      Which gives it 400,000 EXP

                      Making the extremely lucky one or all of Top 3, 440,000 ~ 445,000 possible Rune EXP

                      This should make a level 1 Rune go straight to level 8 and above.
                      (well, it'll still take a few days, since you can only consume 1000 rune a day, so that's 50,000 exp a day)

                      I estimated it'll take less than 30,000 EXP to get Brutality Rune to level 10,
                      and less than 200,000 EXP to get any other Rune to level 10. (maybe 300,000 for chaos/amnesia)

                      Judging by this scale:
                      ___ Brutality ___
                      lv.2 - 300 exp
                      lv.3 - 700
                      lv.4 - 1250
                      lv.5 - 2200
                      lv.6 - 3750

                      ___ Blood ___
                      lv.2 - 3000 exp
                      lv.3 - 4200

                      ___ Guardian ___
                      lv.2 - 6000 exp

                      ___ Chaos ___
                      lv.2 - 10000 exp
                      Last edited by anichaos; 06-22-2013, 12:05 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                        Well, I said it can be exploited before, but I didn't say they will do it.

                        Unless the Tops are all "friends" with bunch of Wagers.

                        Than they probably won't exploit it. (simply because the Tops don't even need to wager because they don't even really need the crystals due to already being Cashers and have those mounts, LOL)
                        They probably will just buy Small Runestones and get level 10 Chaos or Amnesia Runes (who says they're hard to get now for Tops? LOL...)

                        50 Small Runestone = 500 crystals = 2000 EXP
                        So if Final 3 have 4000~ 5000 by default

                        That means 16000 EXP ~ 20000 EXP

                        And adding in the points they get from Prelim, which is around 4000~5000 or something points needed if you win all rounds.
                        20% of that is 800 ~ 1000 crystals

                        That's 4000 ~ 5000 EXP

                        making it 20,000 ~ 25,000 EXP WITHOUT wagering

                        Say if they actually placed 5000, that's another 5000 Crystals

                        That's another 20000 EXP

                        Giving it a total of 40,000 EXP ~ 45,000 EXP possible

                        If they actually wins the wager and get really lucky to get x20, that's 100,000 crystals

                        Which gives it 400,000 EXP

                        Making the extremely lucky one or all of Top 3, 440,000 ~ 445,000 possible Rune EXP

                        This should make a level 1 Rune go straight to level 8 and above.
                        (well, it'll still take a few days, since you can only consume 1000 rune a day, so that's 50,000 exp a day)

                        I estimated it'll take less than 30,000 EXP to get Brutality Rune to level 10,
                        and less than 200,000 EXP to get any other Rune to level 10. (maybe 300,000 for chaos/amnesia)

                        Judging by this scale:
                        ___ Brutality ___
                        lv.2 - 300 exp
                        lv.3 - 700
                        lv.4 - 1250
                        lv.5 - 2200
                        lv.6 - 3750

                        ___ Blood ___
                        lv.2 - 3000 exp
                        lv.3 - 4200

                        ___ Guardian ___
                        lv.2 - 6000 exp

                        ___ Chaos ___
                        lv.2 - 10000 exp
                        Or they will buy Level 70 stone packs so they can finish off level 70 legendary rings/jewels and have stones ready for level 70 PvE gear. Maybe they will get mount training whips to increase their stables, or maybe soul crystals since THAT would be the most cost effective and a much greater benefit than something that can be used 2 times per fight. I'm not saying nobody will try to power level runes but there are plenty of other things to do with those crystals and power leveling Amnesia or Chaos runes would honestly be the lowest on my priority list. Maybe Brutality/Healing/Blood but those would take far less crystals and is more than obtainable by someone who doesn't make top 3 based on your calculations.
                        Patryn
                        Twisted
                        S130 Dragonmar

                        "If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                        "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It cant be exploited as the top 100 would ALL have to be friends... it is based on the number of "points" not the number of wins and the points which u gain are variable.. depend on which stage of the finals ur at... u dont gain enough at the start but u gain LOADS towards the end... and as the matching is based on points some low level guy could get lucky and get close to the points which the high level guy got... we have loads of 50k br's at the top 100 while lots of 65k+ missed out... its really only based on luck unless u plan exactly when would u win/loose if u get a particular opponent at a particular time.. and you would have to do that for ALL the 100 of them... too much ********** to care about... the 12th ranked BR guy has close to same chance of making it to top 3 than the 3rd ranked guy... u cant fix it all... its just too random of a matching(as points are random)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                            It cant be exploited as the top 100 would ALL have to be friends... it is based on the number of "points" not the number of wins and the points which u gain are variable.. depend on which stage of the finals ur at... u dont gain enough at the start but u gain LOADS towards the end... and as the matching is based on points some low level guy could get lucky and get close to the points which the high level guy got... we have loads of 50k br's at the top 100 while lots of 65k+ missed out... its really only based on luck unless u plan exactly when would u win/loose if u get a particular opponent at a particular time.. and you would have to do that for ALL the 100 of them... too much ********** to care about... the 12th ranked BR guy has close to same chance of making it to top 3 than the 3rd ranked guy... u cant fix it all... its just too random of a matching(as points are random)
                            Agreed, except I think #12 has a greater chance to get #3.
                            It's gonna happen...
                            #1 will fight #2
                            #3 will fight #4

                            forcing them to take at least 1 loss..
                            #1 will fight #3
                            #2 will fight #4
                            so another loss..

                            If it's based on points/rankings to determine who fight next ^^ Then as they win 100% of their matches, they're gonna square off.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                              It cant be exploited as the top 100 would ALL have to be friends... it is based on the number of "points" not the number of wins and the points which u gain are variable.. depend on which stage of the finals ur at... u dont gain enough at the start but u gain LOADS towards the end... and as the matching is based on points some low level guy could get lucky and get close to the points which the high level guy got... we have loads of 50k br's at the top 100 while lots of 65k+ missed out... its really only based on luck unless u plan exactly when would u win/loose if u get a particular opponent at a particular time.. and you would have to do that for ALL the 100 of them... too much ********** to care about... the 12th ranked BR guy has close to same chance of making it to top 3 than the 3rd ranked guy... u cant fix it all... its just too random of a matching(as points are random)
                              That was for preliminary round where everyone gets random round robin, I heard finals will be ladder and only counts wins.
                              [morfinnor]
                              Temple of Ibalize

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X