new filter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new filter

This new filter you brought in for the newly merged servers 226 and 229 is ridiculous, we cant even say "welcome" without getting filtered. Do you guys know how many common words contain the letter "com" how can we sustain a comprehendable conversation can you guys please return the filter to how it was...

Shouldn't even be a filter at all. People should be allowed to swear. It's their right to do or say whatever they please.

If someone else is offended? Then it's their right to be offended, but they don't have the right to censor the offender.

Comment

There needs to be a filter option in settings, turn on or off. So parents with youngers playing or those who dont like swearing can still block it out but others can turn it off. Just pointless that GM and basement and awww is filtered....really?

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
        Shouldn't even be a filter at all. People should be allowed to swear. It's their right to do or say whatever they please.

If someone else is offended? Then it's their right to be offended, but they don't have the right to censor the offender.
        It comes down to a persons right to play this game without being bombarded by offensive material or language. The filter goes a little overboard and they could do it as a lot of other online games do and allow players to turn the filter off should they choose but they don't and it's honestly not that big of an inconvenience. A lot of people don't realize that freedom of speech and freedom of expression ends when you use it in a form that is blatantly and aggressively offensive in a public venue. You don't walk into an elementary school and start screaming expletives at the top of your lungs then try to stand behind the 1st Amendment (this was an example only, yes I know this game is not an Elementary School).
        Patryn
        Twisted
        S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
        "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

But come on it is bad when we cant even say welcome to new guild members or say any word with com in, eg cant even ask someone to come and help

Comment

Originally posted by R215361131 View Post
            But come on it is bad when we cant even say welcome to new guild members or say any word with com in, eg cant even ask someone to come and help
            Not sure what version of the filter your server has but we don't have any issues with the words welcome or come on s130.
            Patryn
            Twisted
            S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
            "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

i have reported this issue, are there any other servers experiencing this beside 226 and 229

Comment

Marge= money
                Ppl start new server, spend cash - comes marge and they spend more cash or start over belive next time they play oldest server...
                Thats why r2 make it...simple

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post

If that was true then you be hearing swear words on TV or the radio. Quit being dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                    If that was true then you be hearing swear words on TV or the radio. Quit being dumb.
                    Well tv and radio isnt owned by R2, lol, thats why everyone swears on tv and radio.
                    Even the pope would swear too i believe if he plays wartune.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                      It is true and that's why you hear swear words on tv and radio O_O Stop watching Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon?

Comment

I would want to have the filter removed or have an option to turn it off.

Since in my case, I can be extremely mean and offensive without swear words. I don't understand what's the point with the swear words and calling people names and such. It is because they can't think of anything to say that put others down that they have to use 'covenient' bad words. That's weak and it makes the ones who use those kind of words look quite dumb.
                        The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Working...
                        X