Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

World boss Tweaks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World boss Tweaks

Ok, I skimmed the forums with advanced search to check if there was a thread like this and I didn't find one, I didn't do a thorough check cause there are alot of posts.

In any case my suggestion for tweaks for World bosses to even out the gold/daru per world boss per class.

Have all three world bosses rotate. IE Monday, Bloodfang @ 11-12:00, Ragncoch @ 16-17:00, Redoga @ 22-23:00. Next day they rotate. IE Ragnoch 11-12:00, Redoga @ 16-17:00, Bloodfang @ 22-23:00.
    Why rotate? here is why.

Adjust each World boss to be weak vs a certain class.
    Bloodfang to archers. 1 target(just the wolf) takes increased crit damage.
    Ragnoch to mages. add 2 additional little worms for mages to be able to aoe for 2-3 hits or if the balancing works give them infinite hp.
    Redoga to Knights. this one would be harder to do, would have to literally change it to be specially vulnerable to Knights damage.

Now if you still ask why the rotation of world bosses, its to accomodate all those that can only hit one-2 world bosses so they can at least get the world boss they are weak to a few days of the week instead of never seeing it. Mage A, can only hit 22-23:00 world boss every day except the weekend without rotation of world bosses they get gimped and can't hit the "mage" world boss at all.

Alternatively can change the voucher buffs. IE. Bloodfang is weak to archers. Knight on Bloodfang buffs to 50% (10 hits of voucher) they gain 50% bonus stats. Archer on Bloodfang buffs to 50% like the Knight gains 50% stats in addition to 2% increased damage per stack of buff for a total of 20% additional damage call it a wolf hunter buff or something. (numbers are just random numbers real figures would have to be tested by devs IF implementation was on the horizon for balancing)

With proper balancing these changes could completely even out income gain from world boss by all classes.

/2 cents

OMG enough with this **** about archer being OP in wb, u just a noob and no clue how to beat archer in wb. im a mage and i can outcome or at least come close to archer in wb and you just need to fix ur astral u NOOBBB.

Comment

Originally posted by shucia3479 View Post
      OMG enough with this **** about archer being OP in wb, u just a noob and no clue how to beat archer in wb. im a mage and i can outcome or at least come close to archer in wb and you just need to fix ur astral u NOOBBB.
      There's literally no reason you need to flame him here. Just keep your mouth shut and let his recommendation die if you dislike it. They're never going to implement this (since mages almost never AoE world boss anyway, adding secondary targets would actually hurt them a lot because it would randomize their single target spells). Just let it die rather than posting on it and bumping it up.

Comment

@ shucia3479 I am an Archer just so you know, and I am always in the top 3 with guess who 2 other archers. at times there are literally 10 archers in the top 10.
        You are basing assumptions on nothing at all. You don't know me, you have never seen my character at all lol. The suggestions are just that suggestions. In a vacuum and in theory they could work. W/E in an extreme case you dislike the idea of giving one world boss to each class instead of current system of Archers dominating all. honestly it benefits me if they don't change it, as I will continue to make 2-3m gold and daru per world boss when mages and knights make half that.(just dinged 60.)
        Last edited by aramus614; 06-23-2013, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DamnYankee View Post
          There's literally no reason you need to flame him here. Just keep your mouth shut and let his recommendation die if you dislike it. They're never going to implement this (since mages almost never AoE world boss anyway, adding secondary targets would actually hurt them a lot because it would randomize their single target spells). Just let it die rather than posting on it and bumping it up.
          Well my Idea sets any damage done on the secondary would count towards gold earned too, but again its literally in a vacuum idea.

Unless I am missing something about full 60 legend knights and mages overcoming the current massive gap at 60 on world boss(against = geared archers that is.

Comment

See other posts on the ability of mages and knights to close the gap to archers during WB.

You have to look past the WB and take every other aspect of the game into account. By reducing the archers dominance in WB, how would it effect all other aspects.
            Also what would happen with mages and knight builds if they got an increase.

There are plenty of discussion threads on the WB.
            Mages and Knights at 70+ become monster's compared to archers, so what effect would you think that changing the WB would have on this part of the game.

I am passed trying to argue 1 side or the other, as there is no right answer. Just trying to make the point, that if you change 1 aspect then every other part of the game would alter also.

Comment

+1 to Billy

i like the idea to make WB diffrent one another. There is something there that can be an upgrade to the game.

Comment

Working...
              X