Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enter exp gain on BG

Since everyone complains with the BG, I have a suggestion:

How about in every duel both players get exp.
    i.e. The winner gets [blue bounty quest] exp and the loser gets [white bounty quest] exp. Or even both get some exp, I don't know, whatever works.

That way no player would stick on the same level for far too long dominating a field and no one will complain about high level opponents camping outside enemy camps, since they will get exp themselves (I never heard anyone complaining about losing in the arena)

I'd like to hear what other players think about this.

oh yes, yes, YES!
    Gimme even more xp gain , for 60< this would be nice ... on the other hand it will help monsters even more since they have a tendency to lvl fast ^^
    on a more serious note:
    No.
    Bg is fine the way it is, campers sacrifice many advantages to get a better medal, they skip out on xloids, legend stones, crypt tokens etc.... Stop crying about them, think what they give up to be able to hunt in bg.... Why does ppl always try to find ways to get rid off campers... Well except for the obvious reasons... Lazy and selfish ppl everywhere^^
    Last edited by krackenker; 06-24-2013, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
      oh yes, yes, YES!
      Gimme even more xp gain , for 60< this would be nice ... on the other hand it will help monsters even more since they have a tendency to lvl fast ^^
      on a more serious note:
      No.
      Bg is fine the way it is, campers sacrifice many advantages to get a better medal, they skip out on xloids, legend stones, crypt tokens etc.... Stop crying about them, think what they give up to be able to hunt in bg.... Why does ppl always try to find ways to get rid off campers... Well except for the obvious reasons... Lazy and selfish ppl everywhere^^
      bc campers and dryad bombers are both evil and exploiting the game. Who cares if they sacrifice things. They still ruin BG for everyone else. Same with dryad bombers they ruin BG for everyone. BG is suppose to be fun not something you are trying to get away from or be upset over.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
        bc campers and dryad bombers are both evil and exploiting the game. Who cares if they sacrifice things. They still ruin BG for everyone else. Same with dryad bombers they ruin BG for everyone. BG is suppose to be fun not something you are trying to get away from or be upset over.
        Of course! .... why dont they ask to get rid of the killing alltogether, only carting.. but then they think they can kill and start crying... I dream of the day when noone complains about BG.. BUT, in a few billion years the sun will implode so we dont have enough time to get to that point^^

Comment

this would prevent lvl camping at 59 but not at 69. you can get your talents high enough so you never have to stop getting exp before reaching LD (at least not if you are seriously trying)

Comment

Of course! .... why dont they ask to get rid of the killing alltogether, only carting.. but then they think they can kill and start crying... I dream of the day when noone complains about BG.. BUT, in a few billion years the sun will implode so we dont have enough time to get to that point^^
            Did I ever say take away killing? No I agree with you that killing is part of BG. I don't agree with the fact that you need to exploit BG though either by bulling people around and camping so no one can go anywhere, or by exploiting dryad and and dryad bombing everyone for selfish reasons. You don't have to do either of those to get honor ranks or points or w/e.

Comment

BG is based on the law of the jungle. Survival of the fittest.

Power levels are the same in every single BG. Let's take a look at the 55-64, for example.

20-30k BR -Weak people that get 1 kill per BG and either lose a bit of honor or gain something insignificant, despite hunting for the dryad's blessing. These are crusaders at best.
              30-40k BR - Moderately strong people who can get a few kills in the BG but often get shut down brutally by dryad hunters. The BG is risky for these. These can even be knight crusaders, but are usually at least of the crusader rank.
              40-50k BR - Strong people who threaten everyone - it takes more time for the dryad hunters to get them, so they usually end up with positive honor (100-400). These can even have the Elite Crusader rank, but are usually Crusader+. They sometimes hunt for stronger people.
              50-55k BR - Very strong people who own the BG. If they play it smart, they can get 3k per day and not die a single time. Dryad hunters can rarely kill these and often take an easier target. These people have the rank of Knight Crusader+, but can be as strong as High Commanders (possibly more, but those are rare).
              55k+ BR - Monsters. They exist in the dark places of this world, but we rarely see them. Your mother used to scare you by telling you to levelup before you see these. When you get to meet them, they are actually very nice people. You lose 10 honor from these and they leave you alone most of the time if you're strong.

So why change this? As you can see, generally weak people get less xp than strong people. Strong people sacrifice their XP gain to have the honor rank. You know what would level holders do if they implemented these? They wouldn't get kills in their first 2 BGs, but in those that don't give extra rewards. And if they made the mistake of giving loads of XP in EVERY BG, not just the first 2 of the day, (which won't happen, as you already might see it), people would feel forced to attend as many as possible and own as much as possible. But not all people would do that - just the Very Strong and Monster categories I mentioned before - those who can level and keep the advantage. And some people already sacrificed too much to get this far - implementing this will really change the game for them for the worse.

What I'm saying here is that no matter how you implement this you'll have angry people and the system won't really change a lot. Either people will skip their first 2 bgs and nothing will change with the level holders or those who don't hold levels (usually stronger cashers) will go on a rampage.

True, there is a possibility that if implemented the right way it could bring something good to the game, but I think that it's too risky and far too expensive for the gains.

Comment

oh yes, yes, YES!
                Gimme even more xp gain , for 60< this would be nice
                Sarcasm i hope. For 59s that want to stay 59 for a while that would be a disaster
                Telstar - Lv74 Archer - 93k BR blessed - Lord Divine (wartune-s80)

I'm a figment of your imagination.
                I do not exist.
                For real.

Comment

a big NO!.

BUT: How about if the person who loses a fight, also loses EXP instead of honor ? =] This would be awesome for the slow levelers
                  - The Lag Master -
                  S195

Comment

Originally posted by ifabelo View Post
                    a big NO!.

BUT: How about if the person who loses a fight, also loses EXP instead of honor ? =] This would be awesome for the slow levelers
                    Slow levelers tend to have higher honor, so they would have to seek someone their own honor rank so they don't lose much honor. Double edged sword.
                    Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

Dear krackenker I am not crying about anything. The BG gets swamped by people at lv49 with lv49 knights that kill anything that moves.
                      It's ok to get killed a lot, provided it happens randomly and not after a few seconds.
                      I am only suggesting sth that will make the BG more appealing to anyone.
                      The BG NEEDS a little more motivation for the lv 30 that will go in and probably LOSE.

P.S. If sb wants to slow level, he gets energine (only 1000 star points).

Comment

Originally posted by DeathTh3Kid View Post
                        Slow levelers tend to have higher honor, so they would have to seek someone their own honor rank so they don't lose much honor. Double edged sword.
                        No, You didn't get my point.

If we(slow levelers) will lose EXP instead of honor, when fighting another player, we'd just use our attempts to kill ppl and then, when we have no attempts, go to bg and let ppl kill you
                        - The Lag Master -
                        S195

Comment

If we(slow levelers) will lose EXP instead of honor, when fighting another player, we'd just use our attempts to kill ppl and then, when we have no attempts, go to bg and let ppl kill you
                          No, we wouldn't. Atleast not me.

Even if no attempts, you still lose honor at death.

EDIT:

I didn't see the post about losing XP instead of Honor. I disagree with this, BG isn't a lvling place ./
                          S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
                          Mage: Existence (G.M)
                          BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smoldering View Post
                            No, we wouldn't. Atleast not me.

Even if no attempts, you still lose honor at death.

EDIT:

I didn't see the post about losing XP instead of Honor. I disagree with this, BG isn't a lvling place ./
                            Oh really? I didnt know.

Kindly re-read the posts and you will understand what I meant.
                            - The Lag Master -
                            S195

Comment

How the hell would we lose exp instead of honor? i don't understand that one point.

I am a slow leveler, and i am pretty sure, unless i have VIP 9, or someone with the same rank as me, i don't wanna lose to anyone, even just to lose a tiny bit of exp xD. (Plus honor, even if you cap, you still lose honor)..

We all need to gain levels some time, and not just stay at the one level. In a weeks time i'll have Lord Divine and will be heading up into the 60 brackets. BG is fine how it is xD
                              Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

Working...
                              X