Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Level 70 PVP Astral: Block or Charisma?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level 70 PVP Astral: Block or Charisma?

I've noticed a lot of top archers on the cross server list are going with Enshieldment. Looks like people with the IMP medallion and Holy Enshieldment have around 2k block.

For those that have around 2K have you noticed good results with it?

For the next class wars I was going to use Enhanced Guardian Angel and Charm, but Enshieldment has me wondering if this may be better option?

Whoever kills troops first usually wins as Delphic is the next move and usually means game over? That's why I was considering Charm.

Thanks in advance.

Go for the enshieldment IMO.

Comment

It doesn't have to be game over when someone delphs, but really depends on the class and the tactic. For example, some people have a lot of HP, some a lot of defenses. Some have strong troops.

Have you thought about Guardian Angel + Block? For some reason it looks like block triggers on crits too but it doesn't reduce damage at all (or at least significantly) - knights sometimes get healed by crits too. So if you're an archer, having just block could be a problem if your opponent crits on every attack he makes (as block could possibly be useful only against noncrits - I'd need someone to verify this).

On another note, perhaps Illusion + Charm could work? Despite everything, in the long run Goddess Blessing is just 50% better than illusion, and illusion can save you in some tight situations (that delphic for example). Charm is always nice in ensuring you're the one who does the delphing.

Another tactic I'd like to try is Brilliance + Return Damage. Imagine having that much health and then returning all the damage back. A build could be made out of this with regeneration and the bloodthirsty strike for archers, but most people have already discarded regen as a semiuseless astral. And I don't believe this build could really be on par with some others anyway.

Comment

All archers are gonna use the same "build". If you could find a way to counter them, you could sneak in a good win.
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
          It doesn't have to be game over when someone delphs, but really depends on the class and the tactic. For example, some people have a lot of HP, some a lot of defenses. Some have strong troops.

Have you thought about Guardian Angel + Block? For some reason it looks like block triggers on crits too but it doesn't reduce damage at all (or at least significantly) - knights sometimes get healed by crits too. So if you're an archer, having just block could be a problem if your opponent crits on every attack he makes (as block could possibly be useful only against noncrits - I'd need someone to verify this).

On another note, perhaps Illusion + Charm could work? Despite everything, in the long run Goddess Blessing is just 50% better than illusion, and illusion can save you in some tight situations (that delphic for example). Charm is always nice in ensuring you're the one who does the delphing.

Another tactic I'd like to try is Brilliance + Return Damage. Imagine having that much health and then returning all the damage back. A build could be made out of this with regeneration and the bloodthirsty strike for archers, but most people have already discarded regen as a semiuseless astral. And I don't believe this build could really be on par with some others anyway.
          Block works against crits, but because of the increased dmg of crits, a crit + block is around the dmg of a non crit, depends on crit dmg mostly, but it does work.
          I would rather go with illusion then block, because the effective return dmg is 1%*lvl for return dmg (chance * return = 0.1*lvl/10) if we calculate what the return should be in math, compared to 2%*lvl for illusion (that and when i tried return dmg, if it activated once in a fight it was a miracle^^)

Comment

Originally posted by SirChuck View Post
            I've noticed a lot of top archers on the cross server list are going with Enshieldment. Looks like people with the IMP medallion and Holy Enshieldment have around 2k block.

For those that have around 2K have you noticed good results with it?

For the next class wars I was going to use Enhanced Guardian Angel and Charm, but Enshieldment has me wondering if this may be better option?

Whoever kills troops first usually wins as Delphic is the next move and usually means game over? That's why I was considering Charm.

Thanks in advance.
            generally I would go with block since it will be more useful for you in other situations like guild battles, PVE, etc. I do find it to be useful for PVP, and had some critical blocks in class wars. Not sure what else you are using. I used block as my astral I added at level 70. I have a charm astral I swap for my mdef astral for class wars. Overall I found it to work quite well, and I was able to clear out opposing troops usually before they managed mine which is huge. The archer ahead of me in the ranking also uses a lot of charm as well (not sure if he used astral, but has a lot of charisma on his gear). I ended up 5th, they were 4th.

Comment

Are you at least an Imperial Commander/Lord Divine? If yes, go with block. Block dodges critical hit even with archer's multi-shot. Though, I am not only sure if there is any reduction of damage when it dodge. In my own experience, i am a Mage w/ a 2500 block. In BG/GA, I always dodged a lot of hits even the multi-shot of archer but since I really don't know my opponents stats, I can't say if there's really a reduction of damage. Though their usual hit against me is 2-3k per hit of multi-shot w/ a DODge word below.

This is a sample image (can't get a good shot since every fight is fast pace and this is not good coz we lose in this battle, LMAO):

Click image for larger version

Name:	w120.png
Views:	1
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	1670903

I am the last woman (AllyMae) standing in GA when the archer strike a Multi-shot and the knight w/ his sword (i cant remember the skill who targeted the lowest HP).
              Last edited by AllyMae; 06-27-2013, 04:35 AM.

Comment

I think you have to look at chances to activate that thing. If block astral lvl6 + Imp/LD medal is around 2.3k block, then it' s
                23% chance for blocking(?)

Illusion is very luck based and to get decent results you need lvl7+ probably, because after my testing with lvl5 illusion, it activates 0-1 times per fight.
                Last edited by Emilyfairyss; 06-27-2013, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Interesting thread. I assume you are an archer. Most top players in my zone uses Block (red, lv7 so kinda 2k). Occasionally I see the deflect astral (10% chance, I think it sucks), and only once i saw the dodge one, which I want to try, but need to be high level to be somewhat effective.
                  Yes, i think u need lv8+ illusion.
                  Telstar - Lv74 Archer - 93k BR blessed - Lord Divine (wartune-s80)

I'm a figment of your imagination.
                  I do not exist.
                  For real.

Comment

As an answer to the question originally asked, since everyone seems to ignore charisma: Take block

For class wars, eh, that's another question entirely, and something I wouldn't discuss in detail at the moment, as I can't be sure of a number of things.

Comment

Thank you for all the insightful comments. I will have the honor for the IMP medal tomorrow as well as turn level 70. I'll level holy charm and holy enshieldment to at least level 5 and give each one of them a shot. When I fight archers I'll try to focus on the damage. I'll also go into arena solo and fight archers with and without block and see if I can get any valuable information.

For archer class wars I'll be using EGA + Block or Charm. There is a really high level archer I can solo fight. I'll look to see if charm helps my troops last longer than 2 turns. If not then it's probably not worth equipping.

Thanks again for all your contributions. Very intelligent responses.

Comment

Working...
                      X