Server maintenance, so I have some Mage build questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server maintenance, so I have some Mage build questions

Talents- Is momentum and redemption worth it?
    How much Block do you need for it to be considered "good"

I just recently got my PVE lvl 60 gear and wow what an amazing difference.The thing is, cool downs are now a major problem. That's why I was thinking those talents, but as I've seen from many top players they stick to survival and barrier only.

Momentum and redemption are worth it.
    Momentum is more for pvp (i.e faster meteor = more damage) and redemption is used for difficult MPs (i.e demon temple and above) and possible nightmare level 70 dungeons. High level redemption is also necessary to get you further in Spire.

Block. As much as you can. It gives diminishing returns, however. I recommend at least 3500.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. What do you mean... diminishing returns? I have 2k+ block right now and it procs 1/3 hits which is amazing. So, I'm hoping you don't mean I'll start losing that rate soon lol

Comment

Law of diminishing marginal returns here:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diminishing_returns

While not completely applicable to your question, it just means that increasing block gives you lesser and lesser benefits as your block gets higher.
        I.e, 10000 block does not give higher block rate than 7000.
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Ah, very cool. Thanks I'll be getting to work as soon as this maintenance is through haha

Comment

Working...
          X