No announcement yet.

My point of view on patch 1.6 disadvantages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My concerns are firstly about the rune system which makes it very hard to complete cata 75+. If our server would be a week or maybe 2 older, we wouldve been at 100 already and gotten more crypt tokens than we are getting now.
    The people on the server that we are going to merge with in the near future did get that advantage as opposed to us if it comes down to beating level 100 cata. How am I now supposed to beat level 100 cata and get the 60 legend set when it is just impossible.

Main concern being the rune system. In my opinion the old rune system was way better. You could get 3 basic runes from the shop and all others were obtainable in altar, arena and dungeons. Now I am stuck with level 1 runes because it takes too long to level them unless you use balens, I can only use the 3 free runes because otherwise you have to use balens. Everything on new rune system requires balens.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayenta View Post
      My concerns are firstly about the rune system which makes it very hard to complete cata 75+. If our server would be a week or maybe 2 older, we wouldve been at 100 already and gotten more crypt tokens than we are getting now.
      The people on the server that we are going to merge with in the near future did get that advantage as opposed to us if it comes down to beating level 100 cata. How am I now supposed to beat level 100 cata and get the 60 legend set when it is just impossible.

Main concern being the rune system. In my opinion the old rune system was way better. You could get 3 basic runes from the shop and all others were obtainable in altar, arena and dungeons. Now I am stuck with level 1 runes because it takes too long to level them unless you use balens, I can only use the 3 free runes because otherwise you have to use balens. Everything on new rune system requires balens.
      Whut? You have yet to pass 100 cata and you are thinking of 60 gear .....

Comment

Almost everything in the patch was towards making people level up and discouraging camping. I remember I completed lvl 100 cata at lvl 47 with heal, rage and guard runes along with warriors call which i felt was worth it. But after the update I had to lvl up to 50 and get temps to be able to complete it. Why the new system sucks is because it only lets runes to be used once. And frankly no one uses brutality in cata for bosses. Furthermore with no rage or guard runes, I dont see old combinations of skills possible. Why the people are complaining right now is coz, existing members managed to complete cata way b4 they could and this new runes system puts in a serious damper to their plans. When they were expecting to cross 100 by now, ppl are finding difficulty with 90. But again as we all know, all this griping won't help at all and people would just have to deal with it just like putting restrictions on talent levels forced campers to level up.

Though in the long run the rune system would eventually get better (ofc favoring cashers more compared to runes earlier) coz of 2x to 3x usage and greater effects, but thats still a long way off coz lets just face it 3k exp for a meagre 2% hp gain more and that too at the very first level is really not much of an incentive..

Comment

There was no warrior's call (i.e no Spirit Covenant) when I was trying to beat Catacombs 100.
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by Ayenta View Post
            The people on the server that we are going to merge with in the near future did get that advantage as opposed to us if it comes down to beating level 100 cata. How am I now supposed to beat level 100 cata and get the 60 legend set when it is just impossible
            Blame the server merges, I think.

I do have an issue with this system of running things -- starting new servers weekly and then merging them with old servers. It's just 100% profit driven.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

There were no warriors call when many fought for catacomb 100…
              And as already pointes out, you shouldnt think of 60 leg set in a while.

When the early days were here all we has was pvp set, guild skills, sucky troops, no wb ! buff(means slower kill means worse wbs) we did not have that many runes. We didnt.

AND NO MOUNTS! And all things that came out since the earliest of days, but people still made it then, just need to think more what you're doing
              Bloody hell, for some time there werent any double tree either, so that was even as well
              But we made it, so please… despite the new rune sustem it's way easier nowadaydays-,-'
              Last edited by Smoldering; 07-01-2013, 01:40 AM.
              S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
              Mage: Existence (G.M)
              BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

I dont get how to senior players take examples from the old days, to tell ppl to deal with it. Its like saying there was no electricity or computers or phones in the BC's, so if we all have a power cut, or phones dont work, the power and telcom company should tell us to deal with it? Yes the examples exaggerated but u get the point.

The comparison is purely on how it was to b4 the patch and to current situation. And am not the one crying abt it, so no need to bring warriors call, which am already regretting mentioning it (since am sure its mostly non cashers who are facing greater difficulties).

Comment

You could go straight to the core of the issue discussed in this thread -- the unfair server merges.

The OP would not be making this post if his/her server is to be merged with a newer server. However, we all know that server merges are never fair.
                  I'm against server merges. If it is absolutely necessary, then careful planning by the development team is required.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

I seriously lol'ed at mostly non cashers are facing greater difficulties. The Catacombs didn't get any harder by any means, and everyone has more content to increase their stats than before, so I don't really get why people are still crying over not getting pass Catacombs soon (I wonder how people interpret 'soon'). In my case, I usually get it done in 2 weeks (or less if I play a mage) after I start a character. So how soon do you whiners want to finish Catacombs? From day one? Or in 5 days time?

Please don't bring up uneccessary points in an argument where your concern is only about merges. And to the OP, the game is already 50% cashers, why else is most of the top 100 of every server a VIP? There are many free players playing in a server, but more than half of them aren't that active, so you can't really count them in the server's player base.
                    The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by kosprov View Post
                      I dont get how to senior players take examples from the old days, to tell ppl to deal with it. Its like saying there was no electricity or computers or phones in the BC's, so if we all have a power cut, or phones dont work, the power and telcom company should tell us to deal with it? Yes the examples exaggerated but u get the point.

The comparison is purely on how it was to b4 the patch and to current situation. And am not the one crying abt it, so no need to bring warriors call, which am already regretting mentioning it (since am sure its mostly non cashers who are facing greater difficulties).
                      Like DeathRiver said.... it takes roughly 2 weeks to take down catacombs, I dont see how you can be complaining about that, cmon it usually takes around a month before your server gets merged.. if you are still not done with cata 100 then, then you're actually doing something wrong (fair enough I have wings and rods on my chars, but for being a non-casher, let's add a week and you should be done easly).

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                        Like DeathRiver said.... it takes roughly 2 weeks to take down catacombs, I dont see how you can be complaining about that, cmon it usually takes around a month before your server gets merged.. if you are still not done with cata 100 then, then you're actually doing something wrong (fair enough I have wings and rods on my chars, but for being a non-casher, let's add a week and you should be done easly).
                        I have a feeling u didnt read my earlier post..

Comment

Originally posted by kosprov View Post
                          I have a feeling u didnt read my earlier post..
                          The one about this thread being about pre patch compared to after patch? I did read it, but the thread derailed into being something more directed towards the problem with merging with an older server. Yes the new rune system favours end game, that's what it was meant to do. At higher lvls the old runes are barely useful at all and since most contents is meant to be endgame then the rune system needed a refresh, which it got. At early lvls where pure stat helps more then %, well then it's not very helpful, but the majority of the game has moved on from the need of the old runes and the new ones with % is a lot better for that part of the games population.

Comment

Working...
                          X