X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xEvilMunkyx
    replied
    Originally posted by Halifax View Post
    Starting with holy seal is worst tactic for knight, first of all, it waste one turn. you can either choose slash or brutality. I hate someone misleading ppl.
    Starting with holy seal is the only way this combo is going to work. It's a guaranteed hit to the player, which will make the first USlasher also a guaranteed hit to the player. From there, every following USlasher goes to the player, unless they can heal through it.

Pretty good tactic if you ask me.

Now to identify and counter said tactic...... muahahaha.... *cough* *hack*

Leave a comment:

• rainefowl
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    I open most fights with lightning bolt. This gives me a round to assess the situation.

If a knight opens with HS - I use my restoration or my healing rune (depends on damage taken as to which I use) to counter it,

No HS anywhere is gonna be able to deal the 11k+ in damage to counter my single heal.

So already the combo is off to a bad start.
    Ah but that might not work unless you are able to time the heal exactly to the gap between when the knight HS gets casts and when he casts the ulti slasher which i think is a matter of seconds? But if you manage it it will certainly mess up the combo You could also cast the resto after he casts ulti slasher, which helps as well .
    Last edited by rainefowl; 06-29-2013, 08:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jarozaoz
    replied
    Originally posted by LoveMagic777 View Post
    Holy seal,ulti slasher lvl 5,shield,ulti slasher,brutality rune and whirlwind.Mage is dead. I always win
    Weak site of this combo is Holy Seal, when you (Mage) got high lvl, you can start RoF, and after this Suntoria. After this hunt rage for heal and MD. So, when you got higher lvl of Holy Seal, you automaticilly can block Knight, when he use brutallity rune, its pure fun, when Knight try to kill you ^^

Leave a comment:

• PunkPetal
    replied
    Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    I open most fights with lightning bolt. This gives me a round to assess the situation.

If a knight opens with HS - I use my restoration or my healing rune (depends on damage taken as to which I use) to counter it,

No HS anywhere is gonna be able to deal the 11k+ in damage to counter my single heal.

depends on the level of HS...

Under 65 this prolly holds true, after level 65 u might be sat 3 turns taking dmg and gaining no rage ^^

Leave a comment:

• GingerTheHutt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Halifax
    replied
    Starting with holy seal is worst tactic for knight, first of all, it waste one turn. you can either choose slash or brutality. I hate someone misleading ppl.

Leave a comment:

• R26637755
    replied
    same BR mage allway win again knight.

Leave a comment:

• Littlelyseria
    replied
    This is a good choice for mages below your BR that get stunned by you, those with similar BR or higher then you are screwed.

Like many said, BL is a fight decider most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• R27652377
    replied
    looks like someone following my advice. keep going

Leave a comment:

• krackenker
    replied
    Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
    and by the time the mage casts the heal and gets the heal, the knight has already got another Ult Slasher in progress. and ready to dip your HP to the lowest again
    .. That's if you failed the timing, a smart mage resto asap when knight do US after hs, because he/she knows that they cant target him/her with US before resto is done due to cd^^

Leave a comment:

• rainefowl
    replied
    Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
    Not likely, should hit for at least 3k, troops are gonna hit for around 1k..
    Even if a mage uses heal and a knight is already using Ult slasher, then the ult slasher is still gonna hit the mage, making his heal just a delay/stall

Except if they're not hitting you, they're not using the combo so you can't agree.
    ---
    What you said about the damage is true Elusion. Just out of curiosity, I tried the combo out on a 54k br knight vs a 50k br mage. (knight and mage hs are the same level). First round, the mage won with 10k hp left, 2nd round the mage won with only 1k+ hp left, in the third round the mage won again with 10k+ hp. The mage went with variants of RoF+suntoria+lb, knight always followed the combo above. The problem with this combo is that leaving the mage's troops alive allowed him to deal 2k+ more damage per round to you/your troops, and having suntoria allows the mage to heal at 2.5k+ per round. Even without resto I could survive past the brutality rune+whirlwind stage, at which point the knight could not target me anymore with the ulti slasher, and he couldn't delphic at 50%. All that remains is to finish the knight off by popping a brutality rune+ rof/meteor/thunderer while he is busy with my troops.

Btw the knight's patch and mdef were about 200+ higher than the mage's matk and pdef. When the mage/knight both get pve armor, I believe it will be even more advantageous for the mage. Of course, given different stats/circumstances the results may be different. However I still find that a mage with decent skill/pdef can still outheal and beat a knight with this combo given similar BRs.

Leave a comment:

• dlch90
    replied
    Lol @ thread owner.

Leave a comment:

• ElusionM
    replied
    Originally posted by rainefowl View Post
    If your hs does not deal high enough damage, your troops might attack the mage's troops and lower their troop's hp below the mage's. Plus mages who knows what they are doing will be able to outheal the damage you do to them.
    Not likely, should hit for at least 3k, troops are gonna hit for around 1k..
    Even if a mage uses heal and a knight is already using Ult slasher, then the ult slasher is still gonna hit the mage, making his heal just a delay/stall

Originally posted by ___Kisara View Post
    Agree. I can defeat knights before they can even hit me. AOE.
    Except if they're not hitting you, they're not using the combo so you can't agree.
    ---

Knights are the most powerful class in PVP. They have enough defenses to reduce your attacks to 10%, and heal from them, while controlling the fight, they can either use HS + Ult Slash combo or if they're really tanky and silly, they can just wipe troops then you. But as a mage the second option is always the easiest to deal with. Suntoria and Blessed Light and takes care of it.
    Last edited by ElusionM; 06-28-2013, 09:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ___Kisara
    replied
    Originally posted by FrostieTheSnowman View Post

I do not agree that a mage of similar-ish strength would lose to that combo.
    Agree. I can defeat knights before they can even hit me. AOE.

Leave a comment:

• rainefowl
    replied
    Originally posted by LoveMagic777 View Post
    Holy seal,ulti slasher lvl 5,shield,ulti slasher,brutality rune and whirlwind.Mage is dead. I always win
    If your hs does not deal high enough damage, your troops might attack the mage's troops and lower their troop's hp below the mage's. Plus mages who knows what they are doing will be able to outheal the damage you do to them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X