Knights vs Mages 50+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knights vs Mages 50+

Holy seal,ulti slasher lvl 5,shield,ulti slasher,brutality rune and whirlwind.Mage is dead. I always win

Not surprising, you're using the best combo.

Comment

a mage with a decent heal can heal himself to full after 1st ulti slasher and screw the combo...

Comment

Cool... nice combo... I wanna see how I fair Vs it...
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveMagic777 View Post
          Holy seal,ulti slasher lvl 5,shield,ulti slasher,brutality rune and whirlwind.Mage is dead. I always win
          holy seal? realy?!
          nick: CBapor ()
          level: 59 (50k br)
          guild: RussianFed.
          server: kong-S5

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
            Cool... nice combo... I wanna see how I fair Vs it...
            If they had the same stats as you or better, they should win

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
            a mage with a decent heal can heal himself to full after 1st ulti slasher and screw the combo...
            and by the time the mage casts the heal and gets the heal, the knight has already got another Ult Slasher in progress. and ready to dip your HP to the lowest again

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
              and by the time the mage casts the heal and gets the heal, the knight has already got another Ult Slasher in progress. and ready to dip your HP to the lowest again
              If the mage healed himself to full the US would be hitting the troops.

I do not agree that a mage of similar-ish strength would lose to that combo.
              Last edited by FrostieTheSnowman; 06-28-2013, 08:43 PM.
              [S1] Temple of Ibalize
              Frostie
              Mage
              VictisHNR

Comment

Originally posted by LoveMagic777 View Post
                If your hs does not deal high enough damage, your troops might attack the mage's troops and lower their troop's hp below the mage's. Plus mages who knows what they are doing will be able to outheal the damage you do to them.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostieTheSnowman View Post

I do not agree that a mage of similar-ish strength would lose to that combo.
                  Agree. I can defeat knights before they can even hit me. AOE.
                  Wartune
                  S50 - Hereafter / S194 - Isle of Dalbran

Comment

Originally posted by rainefowl View Post
                    If your hs does not deal high enough damage, your troops might attack the mage's troops and lower their troop's hp below the mage's. Plus mages who knows what they are doing will be able to outheal the damage you do to them.
                    Not likely, should hit for at least 3k, troops are gonna hit for around 1k..
                    Even if a mage uses heal and a knight is already using Ult slasher, then the ult slasher is still gonna hit the mage, making his heal just a delay/stall

Originally posted by ___Kisara View Post
                    Agree. I can defeat knights before they can even hit me. AOE.
                    Except if they're not hitting you, they're not using the combo so you can't agree.
                    ---

Knights are the most powerful class in PVP. They have enough defenses to reduce your attacks to 10%, and heal from them, while controlling the fight, they can either use HS + Ult Slash combo or if they're really tanky and silly, they can just wipe troops then you. But as a mage the second option is always the easiest to deal with. Suntoria and Blessed Light and takes care of it.
                    Last edited by ElusionM; 06-28-2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Lol @ thread owner.

Comment

Not likely, should hit for at least 3k, troops are gonna hit for around 1k..
                        Even if a mage uses heal and a knight is already using Ult slasher, then the ult slasher is still gonna hit the mage, making his heal just a delay/stall

Except if they're not hitting you, they're not using the combo so you can't agree.
                        ---
                        What you said about the damage is true Elusion. Just out of curiosity, I tried the combo out on a 54k br knight vs a 50k br mage. (knight and mage hs are the same level). First round, the mage won with 10k hp left, 2nd round the mage won with only 1k+ hp left, in the third round the mage won again with 10k+ hp. The mage went with variants of RoF+suntoria+lb, knight always followed the combo above. The problem with this combo is that leaving the mage's troops alive allowed him to deal 2k+ more damage per round to you/your troops, and having suntoria allows the mage to heal at 2.5k+ per round. Even without resto I could survive past the brutality rune+whirlwind stage, at which point the knight could not target me anymore with the ulti slasher, and he couldn't delphic at 50%. All that remains is to finish the knight off by popping a brutality rune+ rof/meteor/thunderer while he is busy with my troops.

Btw the knight's patch and mdef were about 200+ higher than the mage's matk and pdef. When the mage/knight both get pve armor, I believe it will be even more advantageous for the mage. Of course, given different stats/circumstances the results may be different. However I still find that a mage with decent skill/pdef can still outheal and beat a knight with this combo given similar BRs.

Comment

.. That's if you failed the timing, a smart mage resto asap when knight do US after hs, because he/she knows that they cant target him/her with US before resto is done due to cd^^

Comment

looks like someone following my advice. keep going

Comment

This is a good choice for mages below your BR that get stunned by you, those with similar BR or higher then you are screwed.

Like many said, BL is a fight decider most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X